oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I joke about making up info, I pass on stuff from my brother.

Do you honestly think, knowing Forest were interested, that our initial demands were that close to what we've ended up with?

Or, do you joke about joking about making stuff up? 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's £15m up front with add-ons up to £20m (which we probably won't see all of unless Spurs win the Champions League)

FWIW we initially asked for £28m in total 

FWIW we absolutely didn't.

Grabbans agent is apparently in full mode atm, touting his guy out to top end of the championship including boro. Whether its to put pressure on forest or playing safe for his client, he's potentially an option as the veteran forward for wilder, certainly not as cheap as some of the others mentioned though. 

19 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

No point as too expensive

I still think we may accept a biggish bid for Tav. He and McGree play the same position. Wouldn't want to see him leave but if it meant 12m - 15m to buy two decent players then maybe Boro would go for it.  

On Spence

I'm glad its drawn to a conclusion ,I would have snapped your hands of for that deal a year ago. Now we can move onto to doing some positive transfer moves , that essentially, are funded by a player that has been  surplus to requirements for a year.

In my view this money is essentially a free hit , I have a bit more faith that the current recruitment team will use it wisely and we progress again.

6 minutes ago, WarnocksLoveChild said:

Grabbans agent is apparently in full mode atm, touting his guy out to top end of the championship including boro. Whether its to put pressure on forest or playing safe for his client, he's potentially an option as the veteran forward for wilder, certainly not as cheap as some of the others mentioned though. 

He's a free agent, so he'll probably be cheaper.

10 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I like Mooy, but I think we need a more holding, defensive midfielder style player. We have Tav and McGree as left sided CM players, Crooks and Boyd-Munce as right. Granted CBM is unproven as yet, but in the holding mid role, if Wilder is being honest in saying he only wants McNair as an RCB, then we only have Howson there as a natural holding midfielder.

We were linked with Choudhury earlier in the window. It's gone quiet now, but that does suggest we've highlighted competition for Howson as somewhere we'd like to strengthen. 

Boyd Munce is left footed and has played off the left a few times in his career. Much like Mcgree, don't think he is an option for the RCM slot mate. With Payero leaving i think we will definitely sign atleast 1 central midfielder, most likely a defensive one as you said, Howson could comfortably play as the RCM if needed also. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Didn’t Fabrizio Romano say yesterday it would be more than the £12.5m that was being reported? Now he is saying it is £12.5m rising to £20m with add ons. I thought we were trying to get more up front but Levy gets his way once again.  

they all just piggy backing sky sports rather than having info I reckon

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Brick_Tamland said:

I still think we may accept a biggish bid for Tav. He and McGree play the same position. Wouldn't want to see him leave but if it meant 12m - 15m to buy two decent players then maybe Boro would go for it.  

Spence is one thing but it's risky selling a key member of the first XI and arguably our best player. On balance I'd probably rather have Tav than the money going into next season - we're not under any massive pressure to sell and this is our best chance at promotion in a long time. 

• Like 1

I think Aaron Mooy would be a class signing, I used to love watching at Huddersfield in the Championship.

Would love to see him in that CDM role, his passing range is outstanding and he would be the best technical player in our squad.

He would give us the ability to dictate in possession but also allow us to move the ball quickly which is needed especially in counter attacking scenarios (where we would often create but never take advantage of).

Only negatives are that he may have a big salary coming from China and I'm not sure how good he is defensively but I still feel he would be a better option than Choudhury.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Boyd Munce is left footed and has played off the left a few times in his career. Much like Mcgree, don't think he is an option for the RCM slot mate. With Payero leaving i think we will definitely sign atleast 1 central midfielder, most likely a defensive one as you said, Howson could comfortably play as the RCM if needed also. 

We desperately need Crooks competition or an upgrade. Last season was his best goalscoring season at championship level. If he stops scoring you're left with a below par championship plodder. 

Personally I don't believe Howson and Crooks are midfielders that you'll get promoted with as your full strength starting 11. Fine as squad players. 

4 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

We desperately need Crooks competition or an upgrade. Last season was his best goalscoring season at championship level. If he stops scoring you're left with a below par championship plodder. 

Personally I don't believe Howson and Crooks are midfielders that you'll get promoted with as your full strength starting 11. Fine as squad players. 

He was one of the top scoring midfielders in the league and thats with missing a load thru suspension, give your head a wobble

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love crooks, personally though I thought he performed below par (from his own performances) since the Tottenham game. Apart from the stoke match with the double, thought he didn’t perform as well as he could off. That could be down to thinking he’s got it easy, I mean his “competition” on that side was crocked (payero). So I’d like to see another midfielder in just to push him. 

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?