oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

10 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Spence coming in for 12m will dictate if we can get them over the line. Not getting rid of Ikpeazu and Akpom to free up some wages. Them being on the wage bill didn't stop us paying wages to Lenihan, Steffen or Giles. 

As I say, now Spence has gone the club should bring a striker in pretty soon. If not, it will be hugely dissapointing.

I think that's a fair point, I just disagreed with the description that it would be a joke if we didn't have someone in for the first game

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

At the very least there’s some money coming in for Payero. Loans are a financial black hole.

I take your point but imagine if we’d forked out a couple of million for Connolly. It worked out better we loaned him. 

23 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

What benefit do we have now from Connolly or Sporar. That’s money gone on loan fees and wages with no value now.

Presently the benefit of not having had to spend the £8M pre agreed on Sporar, the pair are no longer at the club as we identified they were not good enough. We bought poorly in Akpom and Ikpeazu and currently we are stuck with 2 strikers we do not want and seemingly nobody else does.  Archer, for example, is a young hungry and current England U/21, proved he could score in an average Preston team last year, with better players around him and supply from both wings, I am sure he would be an asset and give 100% when called on as Would Armstrong. They are different gravy to Sporar and Connolly.

Ideally you limit the loans to 2, maybe 3 in an ideal world and build the squad up with better quality purchases. However, we have learned that big money purchases don’t always deliver. It is all about good scouting, money, player fit to system and weighing up the risk v reward. Loans are less financially risky as you are not stuck with someone who has not delivered.

Every transfer is undoubtedly a gamble, I am sure we can agree on that.

14 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

At the very least there’s some money coming in for Payero. Loans are a financial black hole.

I thought it was reported we have no loan fee? Sounded like it was his wage off the books, thats all.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I thibk that's just journos trying to cover *** from them saying 2 weeks ago nearly there 

We all know how hard it is to get a doctor's appointment... 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?