oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

It's not ideal... But there were many Boro fans calling for Coburn and Watmore to be our starting forwards in the second half of last season. They will all work hard and we know Coburn can finish and Watmore has the odd wonder goal in him. Akpom can run around when Watmore is tired ~70 mins. 

I reckon they can do a job while we wait for a better calibre of striker. I'd still prefer those two to any of the forwards we had last year. 

We’re fighting off loads of clubs after Akpom aren’t we? No interest tells its own story

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Losing Tav is inevitable as there is to much noise around the deal and the club/Wilder Gazette pretty much stating it.  It'll sting but you can't keep a player that wants to play premier League football, we gotta try be creative and find someone similar out there . It's imperative we get promoted sooner rather than later because our best players will be picked off every year.

11 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Parrot is league one standard. Didn’t cut it at Millwall. Steer clear of a lad who has not fulfilled early promise

He turned 20 4 months ago. 

• Like 2

Parrott would be a very good 3rd choice striker imo. He's really kicked on the last 6 months, good loan spell in league 1 and fast become vital for the national side. Conte likes him a lot too. 

• Like 1
Just now, kentucky said:

Parrot is supposed to be the fittest player at Spurs, whatever that might mean, maybe he'd do well here , the way we want to press

As always, got to give any player a chance. Too many write players off before they've even signed.

I don't think we'd guarantee him starts though, so him and Spurs may choose somewhere else.

44 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Andy Carol is still available... 

Our physios will probably have enough to deal with without adding "sicknote" Carroll to the outpatient list.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

We’re fighting off loads of clubs after Akpom aren’t we? No interest tells its own story

I (along with basically everyone else) don't want Akpom as one of our strikers. I'm just saying I don't think we're a hopeless cause going into the first couple of games with Watmore and Coburn starting and Akpom on the bench while deals are getting over the line. 

Just now, Robin Johnson said:

Made his debut 3 years ago and has been farmed out virtually since that day. 

Yeah, Spurs are a CL team. Not particularly surprising that a kid wasn't making their squad

• Like 1
Just now, notjade said:

Yeah, Spurs are a CL team. Not particularly surprising that a kid wasn't making their squad

Were they CL 3 years ago? If he was half decent Spurs would use him - more so when they appear to have only 2 strikers - good as those two are they get injured.

1 minute ago, Robin Johnson said:

Were they CL 3 years ago? If he was half decent Spurs would use him - more so when they appear to have only 2 strikers - good as those two are they get injured.

They were there abouts. You're saying a 17 year old should have been in their team?

21 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I personally think McGree is going to have a huge season. Reckon he’s more then good enough to replace Tav. Really think he’s going to surprise a few this year. 

He's going to be the greatest Australian to play for us since S̶c̶h̶w̶a̶r̶z̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶V̶i̶d̶u̶k̶a̶.̶ Paul Okon.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?