oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

49 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Nah. Our starting XI will be okay for the first game, we just lack depth.

Everyone thought we'd get battered by Fulham away first game of last season and we drew 1-1, starting the likes of Hall, Ikpeazu, Morsy and Lumley. WBA are much worse than Fulham and they're managed by Bruce. 

I'm sure our squad will look better on September 1st than August 1st... But we still have a good manager and good players, we're not about to start getting battered by average Championship teams because we're playing McGree instead of Tav. 

Stop with the common sense. You’re not wanted here 😉

• Haha 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Made his debut 3 years ago and has been farmed out virtually since that day. 

Chelsea have been farming out players like it's going out of style for most the past decade, there were definitely still a few gems in there, some of who have gone to make the grade at the top end of this division or higher. The lack of commitment from a team like Spurs in their youth talent doesn't surprise me a lot at all.

Having said that, I'm not overly convinced either way by Parrott and the question I'll keep worrying about when looking at loaning a young striker with not much pedigree is that we've got one of our own already who could still benefit from being in and around the team. I'd rather we loan in strikers with a little more experience of doing the business at this level or above if possible.

• Like 3
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Chelsea have been farming out players like it's going out of style for most the past decade, there were definitely still a few gems in there, some of who have gone to make the grade at the top end of this division or higher. The lack of commitment from a team like Spurs in their youth talent doesn't surprise me a lot at all.

Having said that, I'm not overly convinced either way by Parrott and the question I'll keep worrying about when looking at loaning a young striker with not much pedigree is that we've got one of our own already who could still benefit from being in and around the team. I'd rather we loan in strikers with a little more experience of doing the business at this level or above if possible.

Yeah. I'm glad we don't want Levi Colwill. If he was a good player he'd have played for Chelsea regularly by now. Said the same when Tomori went to Milan. And that Broja, he can *** off too. 

• Haha 4
7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He's going to be the greatest Australian to play for us since S̶c̶h̶w̶a̶r̶z̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶V̶i̶d̶u̶k̶a̶.̶ Paul Okon.

Paul who? 😆

If he turns out to be a midfield version of Viduka then great.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Didn't we get Bamford from Chelsea?

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Were they CL 3 years ago? If he was half decent Spurs would use him - more so when they appear to have only 2 strikers - good as those two are they get injured.

Kane plays every single game he's fit, son plays as a centre forward when he's injured. I don't think the two of them have both been injured at the same time in the last 3 years.

You think a 18 year old kid should be playing ahead of kane or son? Come on man. 

4 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

McGree can replace Tavernier but then you need to replace Crooks & probably Howson too.

Howson, McGree & Crooks would be quite a poor midfield three. It wouldn’t work. 

Replace Howson with a younger CDM who can spray a pass and I don't think it's a bad Championship midfield at all. Easier said than done of course... But we will have the funds.

30 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

I get the feeling that no one here wants A Carol. 

Bahumbug the lot of you

Come back at Christmas time @Mr_Maz You can sing us one then 👍

Just now, DevKWat said:

Must be a nice feeling signing a striker 

Must be nice splashing a heap of cash on a guy who's not kicked a ball in 18 months. We should be setting our sights higher than Gayle

• Like 3
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?