oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I guess it depends what league you play in.

In the PL the top 6 teams have Champions League / Europa League / Conference games as well.

Every league has FA Cup, league cup ties.

Every couple of years you have a Euro or World Cup.

So while the breaks are obviously needed in order to fit those competitions in, whether or not your players get a rest depends on whether your club is involved in any cup competitions and whether or not you have any international players in your squad.

Yes, I understand all that. Point was made that if there were no breaks, there wouldn’t be so much of having to squash 6 or 7 games into a month. I was simply giving the reason for the breaks. Obviously there’s less players missing from most Championship sides than from the Premier League, but there’s enough to stop the games, so that some sides aren’t disadvantaged. We would probably be missing McGree, Steffen and McNair as a minimum this year, plus anyone else that signs and is an international or U21 somewhere

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Last Sunday he claimed there was a boro story and there was not. When someone notified him of this, he said its part of Ben Davies story. I read Ben Davies article and we were not mentioned anywhere in that article. Haha.

Love it how he leads the plug with a Barrow story 

36 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Wonder how long till the rumours start of Ben Gibson coming back

I just saw a Volvo with the reg BEN91B parked outside the McDonalds drive-thru just ten minutes walk from the stadium. That can only mean one thing...

59 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I must admit I was expecting more from this transfer window.

Obviously the Spence saga hasn't helped, but I was hoping the groundwork would have been laid for some relatively straightforward signings.

See, I don't think the Spence situation has made any difference.  We're apparently waiting on three loan signings, those have nothing to do with when we sold Spence.  Similarly, we are apparently in for Forss, and if the reported bid of £3m is correct then I again can't see why the Spence deal would hold that up.  Also, the Spence deal is done, so what exactly would we be waiting for now from that point of view?

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

We basically need the following.

1 LCB,

1 CDM Competition For Howson,

1 RCM Competition For Crooks,

RWB Cover,

Three/Four Strikers.

Wilder has already confirmed what positions need filling. Near enough what you said but its 6 players he wants and not 7/8.

Think he said he after one midfielder who can cover Howson and Crooks. I

RWB cover (Smith hopefully)

LCB

CM

Strikers x3

• Like 1

So did coburn get on the pitch yesterday? If not and he brought on akpom over him Wonder how the season will pan out for him. I would personally loan him out to a club we’re he could hopefully play most games. I know we can’t do that at the moment with the squad size but I just don’t see him getting much chance in a promotion team. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Tells you everything about how 'successful' our transfer window has been so far.  Wilder must be doing his nut behind the scenes.

He's part of the group making the signings in our current set up, so he must have knew the risks of waiting for loans. It's clear they weren't happy with how long the Spence deal took to sort mind 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

So did coburn get on the pitch yesterday? If not and he brought on akpom over him Wonder how the season will pan out for him. I would personally loan him out to a club we’re he could hopefully play most games. I know we can’t do that at the moment with the squad size but I just don’t see him getting much chance in a promotion team. 

He played for the u23 against darlo today and scored 

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?