oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

O'Brien had a release clause. Toffolo was out of contract and they activated a one-year extension to get a fee for him.

He had a £12m release clause but they got both for £10m, so must not have paid it. Flynn Downes cost £10-12m for West Ham too

The outlier seems to be Lewis-Potter for £17m

Disappointing regardless mind but I would have been regardless of price

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Remember when selling any item that the "highest possible value" is only what someone is actually willing to pay. Not what we deem it to be. 

If we think he's worth 20mill but nobody bids we might hold onto him for 2 years and get nothing. But 3 teams bid 10+ mill, I'd say that tells us more about his "actually value" in today's market does it not?

So although fans believe he's worth more, the value of Tav seems to be 12+ at the moment. Fans think we could have gotten more?..... Well where are the teams lining up to give it to us? 

Just food for thought. I wish we hadn't sold and he was staying 

I'd sooner we kept Tavernier this season and lost him for £5m next season, than accept such a low fee now.

Obviously Tavernier is pushing for the move or I don't think we'd be selling him.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

O'Brien had a release clause. Toffolo was out of contract and they activated a one-year extension to get a fee for him.

Release clause was quoted as £10m occasionally, or £12m more commonly, but they only got £10m combined for the two of them. Not sure the release clause had much impact on final fees.

Are we going to wait until we get a replacement in before allowing him to leave?

Just like all our targets teams are doing to us. 

Or is that something we wouldn’t even dream of doing. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Why didn't the club yet us know would of attended the friendly game heart breaking 

This is my favourite comment all day. 

“Okay everyone we are selling a man many of you consider to be our best player for a lot less than you think he’s worth. In light of that if you’d like to go back in time and form an orderly queue Friendly tickets are now on sale…” 😂

• Haha 1
Just now, Marvanelli said:

Are we going to wait until we get a replacement in before allowing him to leave?

Just like all our targets teams are doing to us. 

Or is that something we wouldn’t even dream of doing. 

Think Mcgree is his replacement 

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1
3 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

remember all those that hated tav last year and didn't appreciate him at all

It's almost as if he's just had the best season of his career or something

5 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

What difference would it be now or at the end of the window? It's all the same outcome.  It's disappointing but clearly the lad wants to go to the prem 

He hasn’t asked to go though has he? From the sounds of it he was happy to stay the point we’re trying to make is we didn’t need to sell him. Pathetic call in a season we are meant to be going for promotion. 

Absolutely gutted.

Significantly reduces our chances of being promoted, and accepting a fee like that just smacks of lack of ambition. I think wilder I'd gonna be raging at this tbh.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

What difference would it be now or at the end of the window? It's all the same outcome.  It's disappointing but clearly the lad wants to go to the prem 

That's the key thing, regardless of what he previously said to Wilder or small children, not signing a new contract and the speed of this suggests he wants the move

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?