oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Water Day Loop GIF by Pi-Slices
Modern Family Cry GIF

jesus there are some whingers here. 
can’t we try and look past 1 player leaving and see the possibilities that this opens up for the team? 
if Tav got injured in the first game and can’t play for 6 months would you be reacting the same way? 
here we have the chance to replace him and invest in other players.

Thanks for the games Tav, I’ve always liked watching you play but this is a team game and you aren’t the Messi(ah) we need at the moment. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the Club seem to be doing, recruiting Strikers with a less than illustrious past but who on paper statistically may come good.

Many were envious of the Brentford model of selling their best players making the Club financially stable whilst replacing them with lower cost signings and still progressing. This to me is part of the remit given to Scott and what he was brought in for and now we are seeing it in action it's like someone forgot the Marshmallows at a girl guides jamboree on here.

Tav only reached his heights the second half of last season but keep in mind his endless running and energy was often because we had no competent left side of the team. McNair is right footed, Bola had lost his mojo and regularly injured, Taylor was a stop gap who done his best but was well below the standard required. Tav's boundless energy was often as a result of his own poor decision making and having to get back to rectify, granted it was often inflicted because our left side was woeful and he had little to nothing to work with.

Have we forgotten that his set pieces were probably amongst the poorest I can think off for many years supporting Boro. He will be missed but with Giles we have new energy and pace down the left and McGree is a full International, will be going to the World Cup and is far better than many on here give him credit for and I have no doubt will prove it. Those two together I believe will bring better balance than just Tav on his own as we struggled with last season therefore I honestly believe we will see an improvement on our left despite losing Tav. 

Would it be better if he stayed? Probably but Footballers are commodities and get traded, it's the nature of the game and always has been. In Business you sell at the highest point and buy at the lowest level. Buying the Assombalonga's, Rhodes', Alves' and Gestede's hasn't worked in the past and I would hope we don't see us blowing stupid money on Gyokeres or Riis who may never repeat their feat from last season. It looks like we are now looking to buy these types of Strikers but before they have their breakthrough season which is what we have all been wanting and criticising the Club for.

Right now I would imagine that it is in the Club's interest to plead poverty and to underplay any amount we may get in return for selling Spence and Tav. The more Club's think we have, the more they will want for any Players we are sniffing around. If we are "leaking" low fees with lot's of add on's that we may never ever receive it plays down potential inflation (Forss?) on any incomings. Most fees these days are blurred undisclosed figures shrouded in complicated bullshine for a reason. Maybe there was a trigger release amount when Tav renewed his contract and lets face it at the time everyone on here would have settled quite happily on £10M at the time.

Whatever we receive for Tav or indeed any Player it is the Market that ultimately decides the value regardless of our emotional investment. If Tav is on £10K a week and someone offers him £25K then who can blame him for wanting the move along with living in one of the most attractive parts of the UK and performing on the Premiership stage each week. If he believes in himself than I'd wager he thinks he will shine regardless of Bournemouth surviving or not. Worse case is he will be back down in the Championship this time next year but also very likely to bounce back. Boro on the other hand went up, farted, stunk the Premiership out and have never looked likely to "bounce back" since. 

Good luck to Tav, I don't begrudge him taking his chance but I don't think our left hand side will be as depleted as many on here are fearing. We are still recruiting and the best players are not the ones that will be easily or readily available and anyone we are chasing we will want to keep it low key for as long as possible. Admittedly the Season starts in just a few days time but the transfer window is only warming up and nowhere near maximum temperature, we just have to hold our nerve and wait until the window closes. 

• Like 42

I actually think there’s a massive split between the fan base on tav. Half overate him and the other have underate him. I personally think he is in between. Just a solid championship player. Said earlier in the window that no player is irreplaceable and nothing has changed imo

• Like 1

We’re a selling club unfortunately and the Tav deal makes sense. 
I was a Tav critic last season, and while I think he helps us in games, he hasn’t done anything yet to make me think he’s replaceable. 
However, we are a weaker team without him in it. I think that Garner is an upgrade on Tav fwiw, but it makes me nervous to lose him as I don’t yet have full faith that Scott can replace and improve.  

I guess time will tell  

• Like 3

im dissapointed weve let him go and for probably 5m at least less than we coud have held out for. he was the best player we had but that says more about the competition than his own skills. personally i think we can  cope with the loss and hopefully replace him with a suprise quality midfielder plus we do have the likes of mcgree and even conteh that can fulfil the role. i like mc gree so far and was quite impressed with what poyential i saw in the cameo you tube clip of conteh ,who i sincerely hope isnt left floundering in the reserve squad. one more youngster we had at our disposl was thelad that came on a year or so ago against derby and got the MOM award, why on earth did we not give him more first team experience, sorry name eludes me atm. as long as mc nair in midfield isnt the plan im cool with it.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Last week Rangers enquired about Paddy McNair but he’s not for sale.

I wonder if they are willing to let us have Lundstrum as part of it we might change our mind? That would work well I reckon.

12.5mill will barely pay the petrol fee. Disappointed that we have agreed such a low fee given how tough a negotiating team we have claimed to have become. Possibly due to length of contract he has may have played a part I wonder if we have put in a buy back/first refusal into the deal.

Obviously if it means buying the 4-5 players needed to get us promoted its a good deal but as it stands we are losing the player who is arguably the 1st name on the teamsheet.

Edited by smogsterking the Inspirati
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

He’s been injured tbf but it could be one of them that helps us with his height

He barely looks 6ft he'd get eaten alive in an aerial duel with 95% of championship CBs. Looks a tidy player from the clips at least can carry the ball a bit and link up but whether he can do it in a physical league like ours I'm not sure. Him and Forss would be a fairly lightweight partnership up top for me.

1 minute ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

He barely looks 6ft he'd get eaten alive in an aerial duel with 95% of championship CBs. Looks a tidy player from the clips at least can carry the ball a bit and link up but whether he can do it in a physical league like ours I'm not sure. Him and Forss would be a fairly lightweight partnership up top for me.

Hes 6ft 3

16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think £10m is a big fee for Premier League clubs anymore though.

I can accept that Tavernier being sold, but I think we've been lowballed for one of our key players and we've accepted it.

It's not but he's also 23 and has only ever played for one club and never in the Prem. As much as I like him, is he ever likely to kick on and represent England? Is he likely to move on up and play Champions League football for a Prem team?

I think who we are comparing him to is important here, insaw someone comparing him to Lewis-Potter. Entirely different players and prospects. 

On top of that, Tav seemingly wanted the new challenge, other offers clearly weren't forthcoming and I'm sure the.club have targets in mind to replace him, leaving it later could lead to them players being unavailable, becoming more expensive or their club being unwilling to sell them.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Apparently 6ft 3

11 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the Club seem to be doing, recruiting Strikers with a less than illustrious past but who on paper statistically may come good.

Many were envious of the Brentford model of selling their best players making the Club financially stable whilst replacing them with lower cost signings and still progressing. This to me is part of the remit given to Scott and what he was brought in for and now we are seeing it in action it's like someone forgot the Marshmallows at a girl guides jamboree on here.

Tav only reached his heights the second half of last season but keep in mind his endless running and energy was often because we had no competent left side of the team. McNair is right footed, Bola had lost his mojo and regularly injured, Taylor was a stop gap who done his best but was well below the standard required. Tav's boundless energy was often as a result of his own poor decision making and having to get back to rectify, granted it was often inflicted because our left side was woeful and he had little to nothing to work with.

Have we forgotten that his set pieces were probably amongst the poorest I can think off for many years supporting Boro. He will be missed but with Giles we have new energy and pace down the left and McGree is a full International, will be going to the World Cup and is far better than many on here give him credit for and I have no doubt will prove it. Those two together I believe will bring better balance than just Tav on his own as we struggled with last season therefore I honestly believe we will see an improvement on our left despite losing Tav. 

Would it be better if he stayed? Probably but Footballers are commodities and get traded, it's the nature of the game and always has been. In Business you sell at the highest point and buy at the lowest level. Buying the Assombalonga's, Rhodes', Alves' and Gestede's hasn't worked in the past and I would hope we don't see us blowing stupid money on Gyokeres or Riis who may never repeat their feat from last season. It looks like we are now looking to buy these types of Strikers but before they have their breakthrough season which is what we have all been wanting and criticising the Club for.

Right now I would imagine that it is in the Club's interest to plead poverty and to underplay any amount we may get in return for selling Spence and Tav. The more Club's think we have, the more they will want for any Players we are sniffing around. If we are "leaking" low fees with lot's of add on's that we may never ever receive it plays down potential inflation (Forss?) on any incomings. Most fees these days are blurred undisclosed figures shrouded in complicated bullshine for a reason. Maybe there was a trigger release amount when Tav renewed his contract and lets face it at the time everyone on here would have settled quite happily on £10M at the time.

Whatever we receive for Tav or indeed any Player it is the Market that ultimately decides the value regardless of our emotional investment. If Tav is on £10K a week and someone offers him £25K then who can blame him for wanting the move along with living in one of the most attractive parts of the UK and performing on the Premiership stage each week. If he believes in himself than I'd wager he thinks he will shine regardless of Bournemouth surviving or not. Worse case is he will be back down in the Championship this time next year but also very likely to bounce back. Boro on the other hand went up, farted, stunk the Premiership out and have never looked likely to "bounce back" since. 

Good luck to Tav, I don't begrudge him taking his chance but I don't think our left hand side will be as depleted as many on here are fearing. We are still recruiting and the best players are not the ones that will be easily or readily available and anyone we are chasing we will want to keep it low key for as long as possible. Admittedly the Season starts in just a few days time but the transfer window is only warming up and nowhere near maximum temperature, we just have to hold our nerve and wait until the window closes. 

5284AF27-1D8F-47D7-B467-40C6C22CBC49.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
23 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Last week Rangers enquired about Paddy McNair but he’s not for sale.

Whilst i believe all posters should be allowed to post unless they become abusive, for the sake of consistency, I am starting to find it quote incredible the sheer “itk bullsh*t” you post and dont get banned like other posters have by admin.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?