oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

4 minutes ago, LBP said:

Yeah just needs a season of first team football out on loan 

Thanks for the reply mate.  I’m always interested in how players are judged.  This lad apparently was the only bright spot of Schalke’s relegation season in 20/21.  Then having been relegated they sold him rather than use him to get back up. They apparently got less than €3m for him as well, which doesn’t seem like much for a bright prospect.  Mallorca bought him, and now a summer later they are also getting rid it seems.  Looking at his actual performances, he had one fantastic game for Schalke where he scored a hat trick, and then managed 3 more goals, two of which came straight after the hat trick.  His record in youth football over there isn’t much to go on as he barely started a game.  Obviously he was hardly involved with Mallorca, even with them struggling as well, just getting a few sub appearances in both league and cup.  Like, for me, I can’t be sold on someone like that because I don’t think there is enough to be sold on so to speak.  That’s not a dig at the lad but I can’t see this as anything other than a gamble.

• Like 4
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, "KM" said:

£10m plus £2.5m add ons 

At least its gone up by 500k in the last few hours. Might get that £15m by end of the week

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Thanks for the reply mate.  I’m always interested in how players are judged.  This lad apparently was the only bright spot of Schalke’s relegation season in 20/21.  Then having been relegated they sold him rather than use him to get back up. They apparently got less than €3m for him as well, which doesn’t seem like much for a bright prospect.  Mallorca bought him, and now a summer later they are also getting rid it seems.  Looking at his actual performances, he had one fantastic game for Schalke where he scored a hat trick, and then managed 3 more goals, two of which came straight after the hat trick.  His record in youth football over there isn’t much to go on as he barely started a game.  Obviously he was hardly involved with Mallorca, even with them struggling as well, just getting a few sub appearances in both league and cup.  Like, for me, I can’t be sold on someone like that because I don’t think there is enough to be sold on so to speak.  That’s not a dig at the lad but I can’t see this as anything other than a gamble.

I can see what you are saying CT but then I imagine Norwich fans and Brentford said same about some of they signings back in the day. Not asking you to get excited as its not exciting but have some optimism. It might work mate

• Like 1

I agree with everything you’ve said here. 

Is the assumption that we will have Muniz and Armstrong to be the starters. With Hoppe and Forrs the secondary rotations? Coburn out on loan and Akpom loan or sold? 

I think we can afford to take a gamble with Hoppe under this set up. Hoppe and Forrs for the following season as the main pairing? Idk 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I thought that’s what it was stated at earlier?

Only by Bailey. Who we are all hoping is right as in his article he made a point of saying it clear iwas £12m rising to £15m

So in Spence and Tav we have got following if reports are to be believed

1. About £25m guaranteed (people forget we got £2m for Spence last season from Forest)

2. A maximum of around £35m with add ons. 

I think we will certainly see £30m for the pair of them. #not bad.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's a gamble, as most transfers are. He struggled in Spain not speaking the language and also had an injury that kept him out for a while.

Speaking English and having a fellow American here can only be an advantage.

If we get him, the fee isn't any more of a gamble than when we got the likes of Kike etc ... except this kid could actually gain in value if it goes well 👍

33 minutes ago, kentucky said:

I actually think this Hoppe guy might be suited to our team , an attacker with the confidence and ability to take defences on through the middle, like it and young enough to improve, 

What do you make of the Tav debacle out of interest Kentucky?

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's for sure a gamble but that's going to be the case with every nous signing we try and make, if they were nailed on prospects they wouldn't be signing for us 

I'm just going off the tidbits I've seen and read, I really like the look of his technical ability albeit a highlight video but he's putting defenders on the floor with his feet which is always nice to see from 6ft+ strikers, looks like he handles himself well in a physical battle as well

I think his records a little unfair to judge him as seems like mallorca was just the nightmare move; injury, them signing Muriqi, them being in a relegation battle so potentially less rotation

But the few goals he has scored have been lovely finishes much like Forss' goals, I do stress though that those 2 are not enough and we need at least 1 proven striker in, they could be brilliant but the risk of them being flops is too high if we want a top 6 finish

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I can see what you are saying CT but then I imagine Norwich fans and Brentford said same about some of they signings back in the day. Not asking you to get excited as its not exciting but have some optimism. It might work mate

This is also an interesting one to me when we talk about other clubs.  We got Scott in to find us another Pukki was something I think I read on here earlier.  Have you actually looked at Norwich’s transfer activity over the last 5/6 years?  It’s actually not that good.  So have they just been a bit lucky at times, or is there really great skill involved. They’ve unearthed a few diamonds no question but it really is just a few.  They’ve spent quite a bit of money on players that definitely wouldn’t be described as diamonds, and as far as I can see, they aren’t actually improving as a team.  They remain at the same level.  That’s a level slightly higher than us admittedly but not by that much, and I just can’t see the fascination with getting promoted and then battered every week - we were more competitive when we went up, and I don’t believe we were all that competitive ourselves.  Brentford obviously do things differently to Norwich anyway in terms of now they’ve identified players.  

What about these two clubs is all that different to anyone else in the Championship though, I don’t really get that?  Are there a load of clubs at this level who don’t sell players, and don’t look at the lower leagues/top flight reserve teams/released players for new blood?  They all do don’t they, including us?  What do you think the fans of those clubs thought about the players they brought in that didn’t work out, and didn’t help their team to promotion or whatever, seems just as relevant to what Norwich or Brentford fans thought.  I imagine that they thought the same as me and that it was a gamble, and were happy when it worked out, and disappointed when it didn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?