oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

I’m not sure whether it has already been mentioned but I wonder whether it means we’ve missed out on Armstrong, Gyokeres and Muniz who the ITK community were fairly confident on with the imminent arrival of Forss and our interest in Hoppe.

1 minute ago, "KM" said:

I’m not sure whether it has already been mentioned but I wonder whether it means we’ve missed out on Armstrong, Gyokeres and Muniz who the ITK community were fairly confident on with the imminent arrival of Forss and our interest in Hoppe.

Could mean we want to loan coburn out so we want 4 strikers

• Like 2
Just now, "KM" said:

With Hoppe, I reckon he was next on the list after Thomas Henry. Similar build. Similar looking style of play. With Gyok being way too expensive, I'd wager we've identified Hoppe as the next option.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Armstrong - really think it’s going to be tough for Southampton to loan him out. He is playing in friendlies and they have a lack of depth.

Gyokores - Coventry want mega buck and FairPlay to them, that’s their right. We should of done the same with Tav.

Muniz - most achievable signing of the 3 and will become available when Fulham sign another forward player 

• Like 3

I think the only time we can truly rate our business is at the end of the window, hopefully by the end of August we'll have scraped enough points together to be in touch with the top 6 teams. If by that point we've really strengthened the team then things will look promising. 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Ok so how many incomings will we see today? How about 5 to create a bit of excitement around here? Forss, Hoppe, Muniz, Greaves and Garner. I would be happy with that lot. I bet there are some who still wouldn’t be though 😀

Zero

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Could mean we want to loan coburn out so we want 4 strikers

I think this. I think the extra money from Tav has made us go down this route 

• Like 2
Just now, Smogzilla said:

With Hoppe, I reckon he was next on the list after Thomas Henry. Similar build. Similar looking style of play. With Gyok being way too expensive, I'd wager we've identified Hoppe as the next option.

From the highlights package I think Hoppe showed a better touch than Henry. 
But what worries me is whether we’re doing this alphabetically:

Gyokeres

Henry

Hoppe

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Crackers said:

Chris wilder? Yes. The club have been pushing the sale of Tav and Spence to bring funding to build wilder a promotion winning side. There will be an influx of incomings in the coming weeks and it will look like great business. @Tarmo Kink Armynot sure about CBs.

And once again, we cross into the make believe.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - Ta Ta Tav!
1 minute ago, "KM" said:

I suspect Wilder will want serious strike options after last season. Forss and Hoppe could be great, average or no worse than Connolly and Balogun (not saying much I know). I think that the Muniz thing has legs and also Armstrong but if we do bring in those two on top of Forss and Hoppe then it leaves question marks over Coburn, Watmore and of course Akpom.

If we can't recruit four Strikers then we will have to go with what we have but I suspect that the Club may like to see Coburn go out on loan to get regular game time and experience rather than spend 85% of the season on the bench. As we know Akpom very likely will depart to somewhere but if he bags a brace against the Baggies and clears one off the line defending a Fee Kick then who knows. He may work his way back into the reckoning especially bearing in mind that McGoldrick and Sharp worked previously for Wilder with neither being top class even by Championship standards but their synergy yielded dividends.

That leaves Watmore who I think Wilder rates but knows he can't get 90 minutes out of or at least he can't get 90 effective minutes. He may be ruthlessly jettisoned for that reason or still coveted as a super sub, we will know either way come September.

• Like 1

Say of the £25m or so we’re getting up front we spend £20m. Realistically that can get:

Armstrong (L)

Muniz (L)

Hoppe £2m

Forss £3m

Greaves £5m

Garner (L) 

CM £?

Loan fees take that to pretty much £20m maybe slightly over. Our squad would have 2 players of quality in every position and we’d be a lot stronger overall 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?