oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

5 minutes ago, Emilio Nsuiiii said:

He pushed Tav out to LWB half the time, wilder was never going to sign someone and throw them straight in, especially when Tav was playing well. 

Not so sure why people are so negative about us at the moment when there’s a month of the window left. 

Yeah some people really are Crackers! 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, Emilio Nsuiiii said:

He pushed Tav out to LWB half the time, wilder was never going to sign someone and throw them straight in, especially when Tav was playing well. 

Not so sure why people are so negative about us at the moment when there’s a month of the window left. 

I'm not negative about us but I'm disagreeing with your comments on Mcgree. As a box to box midfielder as required in our formation he's a downgrade on tavernier defensively, tactically and although more composed on the ball I don't think he's better offensively either. He's going to need to vastly improve his overall game to be a direct replacement unless we change how we play.

• Like 2

I can see it now, Bournemouth go down and make a healthy profit on selling Tav. Shame, wish he'd go to a better club that isn't going to come straight down again

1 minute ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I'm not negative about us but I'm disagreeing with your comments on Mcgree. As a box to box midfielder as required in our formation he's a downgrade on tavernier defensively, tactically and although more composed on the ball I don't think he's better offensively either. He's going to need to vastly improve his overall game to be a direct replacement unless we change how we play.

Last season in a good sample size, Mcgree outperformed Tav in expected goals and assists per minute, as well as operating much more efficiently across the board. 

I get the point about the box-box tav offered, but I don’t think there was anyone in the league at his level of this, losing his high performance for a player who has a fair engine himself is reasonable (as long as we use the money wisely) 

Hannibal would be interesting, very unknown but I don’t mind taking that punt. Look at what side Derby ended with when they loaned a few and bottled the playoffs 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Emilio Nsuiiii said:

Played some of our best football with Tav at LWB and McGree in the centre.

Cracking username btw 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Cracking username btw 😂

Definitely we did. Reads good signs, with Giles looking like a constant threat who can actually play forward football (unlike Taylor), the bola (or new player) Giles and Mcgree side could be as good as last seasons Dijk, Jones & Crooksy. 

5 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Cracking username btw 😂

We also played some pretty dire football with Tav at LWB and McGree in the centre.

• Like 4

Although disappointed to see Tav leaving. I do think Mcgree is a more than capable replacement and not too significant a downgrade. His signing in January shows some strategic thinking from within the club,  which I would like to think is Scott starting to introduce a more sustainable consistent model.

The coming days will be interesting to see how or who we have been targeting that we don't know about , Hoppe being a example of this approach.

I am quietly confident for the forthcoming season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BelgianBoro said:

From the highlights package I think Hoppe showed a better touch than Henry. 
But what worries me is whether we’re doing this alphabetically:

Gyokeres

Henry

Hoppe

If your theory is correct… we will end up with..

Ikpeazu

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Emilio Nsuiiii said:

Last season in a good sample size, Mcgree outperformed Tav in expected goals and assists per minute, as well as operating much more efficiently across the board. 

I get the point about the box-box tav offered, but I don’t think there was anyone in the league at his level of this, losing his high performance for a player who has a fair engine himself is reasonable (as long as we use the money wisely) 

Hannibal would be interesting, very unknown but I don’t mind taking that punt. Look at what side Derby ended with when they loaned a few and bottled the playoffs 

Goals and assists is not the be all and end all of a midfielder in our system for the 2 or 3 more potential goal involvements would be more than doubled by the potential conceded from him not covering the defensive channel properly. 

If tav didn't put in the defensive work and played more offensively he would have had more goal involvements. He spent alot of the game chasing and covering and still managed 10 even though he was moved all over the pitch under Warnock. 

I'm not going to write mcgree off but he's got quite alot to work on to be effective for us in cm unless we bring in an out and out DM to cover for him. Either way a direct replacement for tavernier is going to be very unlikely something will have to give.

• Like 2

I think towards the end of last season our lack of squad depth started to show with tired legs all round. Hopefully with the transfer kitty and better use of the loans system we'll be able to swap players in and out without a huge drop off in performance, especially with the 5 subs rule in force

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Goals and assists is not the be all and end all of a midfielder in our system for the 2 or 3 more potential goal involvements would be more than doubled by the potential conceded from him not covering the defensive channel properly. 

If tav didn't put in the defensive work and played more offensively he would have had more goal involvements. He spent alot of the game chasing and covering and still managed 10 even though he was moved all over the pitch under Warnock. 

I'm not going to write mcgree off but he's got quite alot to work on to be effective for us in cm unless we bring in an out and out DM to cover for him. Either way a direct replacement for tavernier is going to be very unlikely something will have to give.

Of course it isn’t, but my point is that he outperformed tav on almost every attacking metric, as well as not being a bad defender by any means. Our system / approach I would imagine will change and we will miss tavs legs, but nothing the 5 subs rule won’t help fix. 

I’m just hoping we use this money patiently, we still have a month to strengthen 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I agree that goals and assists aren’t everything.

Not sure that’s true he would get 2 or 3 more goals as he did play more offensively and didn’t get more goal returns. Even played as attacking midfielder and as a winger. So when he wasn’t responsible for defending you still didn’t net enough out of him.

I think the move to CM really helped him (and the team) it played more to his strengths and took some of that creative pressure off him.

We will miss his covering and reading of the game in the middle.

• Like 2

There's a bit of history re-writing going on here. Tav was so important for our energy, ball carrying, recovery of the ball, covering of the flanks and on and on. We were a different team when he wasn't playing. McGree's a good player but he's not going to be able to replace Tav's input. Having said that, it might not be as important with Giles in at LWB. Either way, lets not downplay Tav's ability and importance to the team last season because he was critical.

• Like 14
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?