oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

17 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think our Recruitment Team will be judged when the window shuts rather than half way through. It's clear we have been in discussions about various Players but either they don't want to come or their Club have put a ludicrous fee on them or it may happen but their current Club won't release them just yet. None of that is the fault of the Recruitment Team, the alternative is just to out and put bums  on the bench for the sake of it which it appears is close to what happened in January if Wilder is to be believed. We can't force Fulham or Southampton to sell or loan us a Player that they aren't ready to release just yet. 

If you're targeting players that don't want to or can't come, I think you can blame the recruitment team if they focus on them and they're then not signed.

As mentioned by another poster recently, Scott made a big deal about this being a brilliant summer window for free agents, we've only signed one outfield player on a free, about 80% of our signings and links have been PL loanees.

It's not a vacuum, and obviously other clubs are in competition for the signings, but there being outside circumstances for transfer failings doesn't stop them being failings.

Things may well look a lot better on the 2nd of September, but I am certain that what's currently happening was not the plan going in to this summer window.

We'll be behind schedule.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, kentucky said:

Gibson is more interested In getting promotion through FFP , not blaming HIS ba bad signings by other teams

Waited till lunch time to get on the sauce today at least.

• Haha 4
Just now, MikeyBoro said:

Watford and Birmingham interested in Krystian Bielik - would be perfect for us in the DM role although he does come with massive fitness doubts

Arguably Derby's best player when fit, but he was injured a lot.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kentucky said:

Gibson is more interested In getting promotion through FFP , not blaming HIS ba bad signings by other teams made

Which beer is it that makes you stutter? 
Would you rather be in Derby’s position? 

1 hour ago, Micksyd said:

Funny how we see players differently. I watched the  Marseille stream and saw a player who was played in an advanced role but still managed to drop in the number 6 position at different times to set up play so hardly someone not getting involved enough in the game.

I've seen him play some great passes in the preseason highlights so far, I'm not saying that he can't improve further but you definitely are not giving him credit for the ability that he has.

He will do whatever is asked by the manager and is an intelligent footballer although you obviously can't see it.

I didn't watch the whole Marseille game and I don't pay much attention to how players perform in friendlies. 

I watched him last season enough while he was in the team to see that he doesn't cover the pitch or defend well enough in the defensive 3rd to be able to replace tavernier if we play as we were playing last season. Yeh hes decent on the ball im not saying he's poor he's quite a clever footballer and technically sound. Looking at him I'd say 10 would he his best position. 

We either need to buy a more solid and mobile DM or mcgree is going to need to change his game and become a much better defensive player otherwise we are going to get exposed too often down the left imo in which case his attacking output would most likely drop as a result. On the other hand wilder could instruct the LCB not to get as far forward and while Fry is there maybe this might happen and mcgree will hopefully benefit we would have to see how we set up on Saturday. 

If mcnair goes back in to LCB I'd be concerned about us defensively with mcgree mcnair and Giles as unit on the left hand side.

16 hours ago, CWC said:

Credit to @jmdapd, genuinely been ITK this summer. 

Just passing on what I hear. I don't get any info on fees or targets, etc.. just some of the happenings at Rockcliffe

• Like 23
Just now, jmdapd said:

Just passing on what I hear. I don't get any info on fees or targets, etc.. just some of the happenings at Rockcliffe

Come on then, what’s the latest? 
Has the Facilities manager printed new name tags for the lockers? 
Any titbit is welcome 

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Just a question should we accept that the Muniz story is a non starter?

If we want 4 strikers it could end up being Muniz, Forss, Hoppee, and then an attempt for a bigger name later in the window (Armstrong or equivalent)

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?