oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, Boroinredcar said:

How come other teams sign replacements before letting their players go. We wait intil a few days before our first game and sell potentially our best player.

even if we waited until then we odds on wouldnt be playing him anyways if it was a cert he was leaving to avoid risk of injury and the offer going away

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, Boroinredcar said:

How come other teams sign replacements before letting their players go. We wait intil a few days before our first game and sell potentially our best player.

who says we don't already have his replacement in McGree?

Just now, Boroinredcar said:

we'll have other options negotiated if needed. It's a risky strategy, but that's what's needed if you want to get fringe Premier League players 

1 minute ago, Boroinredcar said:

He is not a patch on Tav.

I think Tav is great but what i've seen of McGree I don't think there is much in it. 

But we do now need to back fill all the CMs positions 

So I went and grabbed the Alex crook chat from earlier and it's not how it was presented at all on twitter IMO. Speculating that Wilder must be frustrated that we haven't reinvested the 25 mil yet....despite the fact one player hasn't even been sold yet. How insightful 🙃

Crooks wilder.m4a

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

He is not a patch on Tav.

He is far, far better at passing than Tav, more composure on the ball, and better off the ball movement.

Tavernier is good for his work rate and athleticism. In terms of technical ability, composure, he is replaceable.

5g 5a last year. George Saville got 6g 4a in his last season for us, just for comparison, and I don't think anyone would suggest we are missing him.

• Like 2

I would sign Callum Styles as backup to McGree and Giles. He can play both LWB and LCM.

He'd be available relatively cheap given Barnsley have been relegated.

Burrows at Peterborough to would be a good backup to Giles.

Bola can be backup to whoever we bring in LCB, fingers crossed it's Greaves.

• Like 3

I think we need an extra midfielder even if Boyd munce is going to play as backup to mcgree on left. 

Howson needs cover, currently paddy would probably cover him. 

Crooks doesn't have cover either, after how knackered he looked last few months of season. We can't play him every game when the 3 games a week start. 

I think we'll bring in another midfielder possibly starter in either dcm or rcm. If it's dcm howson can rotate with crooks spot to. 

I think we can get away with signing one more midfielder and another 2 strikers and be challenging for top two. 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - Goodbye Marcus and Hello Marcus

A long time ago on this thread, I recall someone pondering whether or not we'd sign a striker before got to page 1,000.

It ended up being 1,340 😱 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 2
15 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

So I went and grabbed the Alex crook chat from earlier and it's not how it was presented at all on twitter IMO. Speculating that Wilder must be frustrated that we haven't reinvested the 25 mil yet....despite the fact one player hasn't even been sold yet. How insightful 🙃

Crooks wilder.m4a 1.41 MB · 12 downloads

Basically just regular chat. Nothing wrong with what he’s said. Was no need for that tweet at all

15 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I would sign Callum Styles as backup to McGree and Giles. He can play both LWB and LCM.

He'd be available relatively cheap given Barnsley have been relegated.

Burrows at Peterborough to would be a good backup to Giles.

Bola can be backup to whoever we bring in LCB, fingers crossed it's Greaves.

Cracking shout. Be good to get the Hungarian Tav 

814757183_BoroTeam.png.011e20888028ced21228cdf204064ef0.png

Provided Akpom goes, this is about what we're working with at the moment.

One more striker (Hoppe), a left-sided CB, and a CM and we're about sorted. I don't think we will come top 2, but play-offs you would think is almost a certainty with that team.

I don't think it's the PANIC STATIONS position some people are making it out to be.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Tom said:

A long time ago on this thread, I recall someone pondering whether or not we'd sign a striker before got to page 1,000.

It ended up being 1,340 😱 

But a thousand pages of that were Dijksteel v McNair and whether Crackers is ITK or WUM 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?