oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

11 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

I wasn’t claiming you had, just that your opinion is different from the professionals that the Boro pays to do this kind of thing. Rightly or wrongly that’s how they earn their living. 
We all have our own views on these things and it’s interesting to see how other peoples minds work - I’m going to reserve judgement until I’ve seen the lads play for us, maybe Wilder can bring out the best in them, I certainly hope so.

Frankly I would pay a lot of respect to someone like Changing Times who has written professionally as a journalist as opposed to the vast majority of posters. His opinion is based at being at close quarters at the professional game. 

Perhaps you are not aware of this - certainly your comments tend to indicate this.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

I wasn’t claiming you had, just that your opinion is different from the professionals that the Boro pays to do this kind of thing. Rightly or wrongly that’s how they earn their living. 
We all have our own views on these things and it’s interesting to see how other peoples minds work - I’m going to reserve judgement until I’ve seen the lads play for us, maybe Wilder can bring out the best in them, I certainly hope so.

My opinion has been different to them on quite a lot of our signings over the last 5 years or so.

3 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Frankly I would pay a lot of respect to someone like Changing Times who has written professionally as a journalist as opposed to the vast majority of posters. His opinion is based at being at close quarters at the professional game. 

Perhaps you are not aware of this - certainly your comments tend to indicate this.

Yeah! 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

My opinion has been different to them on quite a lot of our signings over the last 5 years or so.

I suspect your opinion is different to everyone’s even if you agree with the opposing opinion on the inside…

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Just now, LinoJo3 said:

I suspect your opinion is different to everyone’s even if you agree with the opposing opinion on the inside…

No, I just thought at the time that we were making a lot of poor signings, and we were 🤷‍♂️ I don’t think I was alone in some of those opinions either.

• Like 2

We’ve made plenty of poor/ diabolical signings. Lumley, Daniels, Akpom, Uche, all 4 loan signings - a shocking indictment of poor scouting and poor/ desperate signings largely on the need to get bodies in. With the number needed to get us up to a decent squad size it would be hard to rule out this not happening again. 

10 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

We’ve made plenty of poor/ diabolical signings. Lumley, Daniels, Akpom, Uche, all 4 loan signings - a shocking indictment of poor scouting and poor/ desperate signings largely on the need to get bodies in. With the number needed to get us up to a decent squad size it would be hard to rule out this not happening again. 

They have Warnock written all over them. No way with our recruitment model now would we look at someone like Ikpeazu

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yes, fair enough. 

Whether you were right or wrong doesn’t matter, I’d say that if everyone had the same opinion then nobody would find the little gems that seem to pop up from time-to-time. 

I’ll also repeat what I think is the most important part of my message, we’re all giving our opinions on this forum and it’s easy to type a message suggesting this player or that player is a must buy or playing this one or that one down. At the end of the day we have nothing to lose however I’d like to think that our recruitment team are held accountable at some point for their decisions. 
any way, I’m off to bed - driving to Milan tomorrow at 4 so hoping to see some more activity when I check in tomorrow night. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?