oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Is Hoppe in the Mallorca squad tonight? As that should be announced, also surely Fulham should not be playing muniz if the deal is close?

Exactly Muniz can’t be one of the very close ones 

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

Your opinion, the move for the goal and watmores miss were 2 passages of good football, we sliced their defence open. There was the offside goal aswell and a couple of other occasions where we were wasteful but showed some good passing and movement in the build up. 

An offside goal is an offside goal, not really sure what you want me to say about that?  We had a couple of good passages of play as I put in my match review on the other thread but that was with West Brom sat deep during the first half.  We didn’t actually win, we only scored the one goal, and I can’t remember us looking that likely to score again really throughout the game.  We had 2 shots on target from 16, and Bola and McGree had more shots than anyone else for us.  Giles put in 14! crosses today, and only 2 of them found a Boro player.  We are aiming to be better than last season, not just as good, which means we need to improve, and that means that we need to make at least one successful striker signing, not just players on a par or a bit better than last season’s.  Most teams won’t let us do whatever we like for 45 mins so we need to get a lot better at creating and taking chances, that requires some better players being signed, and that’s why people are a bit concerned with the possibility of us taking a few gambles.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Robin Johnson said:

Would I pay over the odds for a quality striker? Damn right I would. Arguably 2 points dropped yesterday due to our woeful striking options. Can’t keep doing this - quality is a necessity not a “wish for”. 

Promotion is worth somewhere in the region of £200 million. Any transfer fee paid for a quality striker is a drop in the ocean

That’s the thing though, we’ve paid over the odds for supposed ‘quality’ before and always ended up being laughed at as some league 1 gamble out scores them all.

Look over the history of the championship, the best strikers always end up being some randoms or cheaper signings (huurrrrrr mitrovic) apart from the odd one playing for some relegated team.

Look at last season, if we’d have signed sharpe over Sporar there’d have been an absolute lynch mob, but he got double the goals. Piroe, brereton-Diaz, Gyokeres, weimann, Danny freaking ward were all among the top scorers and all would have had the same response to the strikers were after now apart from maybe piroe.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

An offside goal is an offside goal, not really sure what you want me to say about that?  We had a couple of good passages of play as I put in my match review on the other thread but that was with West Brom sat deep during the first half.  We didn’t actually win, we only scored the one goal, and I can’t remember us looking that likely to score again really throughout the game.  We had 2 shots on target from 16, and Bola and McGree had more shots than anyone else for us.  Giles put in 14! crosses today, and only 2 of them found a Boro player.  We are aiming to be better than last season, not just as good, which means we need to improve, and that means that we need to make at least one successful striker signing, not just players on a par or a bit better than last season’s.  Most teams won’t let us do whatever we like for 45 mins so we need to get a lot better at creating and taking chances, that requires some better players being signed, and that’s why people are a bit concerned with the possibility of us taking a few gambles.

An offside goal where we played decent football high up the pitch and cut through them? I thought you’d have understood what I was getting at there sorry.

And I’m supposing you mean we didn’t look like scoring again other than watmore missing a pretty much open goal?

We are signing better strikers than Sporar, balogun and Connolly, I really can’t see what the problem is.

Just now, mendieta420 said:

Worked really well blowing all our cash on proven players (Assombalonga, etc) last time right?

And it worked really well when we bought projects - Fletcher, Akpom, Braithwaite.

You can flip it both ways

1 minute ago, Crackers said:

We have but we won’t spend all that. 

I’m not advocating we do. However the longer we have in this transfer window the more desperate we will become. And likely to sacrifice the quality needed. The American doesn’t fill me with a great deal of excitement ( Hoppe). Muniz has not had a full season in our leagues yet gets a few on here excited. The only one I would love to see is Armstrong. The others have undoubted question marks against them.

10 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

An offside goal where we played decent football high up the pitch and cut through them? I thought you’d have understood what I was getting at there sorry.

And I’m supposing you mean we didn’t look like scoring again other than watmore missing a pretty much open goal?

We are signing better strikers than Sporar, balogun and Connolly, I really can’t see what the problem is.

Again, we had a couple of good passages of play but no more than that.  Most of the excitement came from us getting the ball out to Giles and him crossing the ball in.

How do you know that they are better strikers, I’m interested to know?  None of them, including Forss, have proven that they are anything so far.  We hope they will be better, and I’d certainly like to think that at least one of them will come good, but we don’t actually know it - hence the risk/gamble comments.

Sorry yeah there was the Watmore miskick so we had the chance to score once more during the rest of the game.  The miskick illustrates perfectly why we need better than last season of course.  

4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Has there actually been a medical today though? Or have we been Denzelled again? 🧐

Can’t be muniz as he’s in the squad so maybe it’s hoppe, Mallorca uploaded a squad picture on Twitter I can’t tell if he’s in it

No one would even try and defend our buying policy of recent years -  it has been garbage for years! Hopefully lessons have been learnt and there’s some deeper, clearer thinking. 

It doesn’t take away the fact a proven goal scorer can and needs to be secured? A risk? All buys are!

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?