oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

6 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

I've just been talking to a mate (big Newcastle fan). He was out at a do over the weekend where Dean Windass was guest speaker on mental health, life after football etc. After the do they had a few drinks. 

He asked what's going on with Middlesbrough, knowing he used to play for us. Windass said he doesn't find out anything and really doesn't try to get info from any teams but...

He was speaking to Josh this week and josh had said he'd been speaking to James tavernier. They're apparently good friends from his time at rangers. Said something like "why is your brother going to a team to be relegated?". 

Apparently Marcus told him that the offer of the prem was too good to turn down. He did have a  "meeting" where he was offered a sales pitch to stay. This included a payrise, a guaranteed payrise if we were promoted and a gentleman's agreement that we would allow him to leave if we didn't get promoted and a Premier league team or top European league team, along with any team in the champions league (presumably meaning celtic or rangers) came in for him. 

Along with this he was told we are really going for it this season. Forss was a "done deal" at this stage and we are in for a "big prolific  Norwegian lad" that "is going to score for fun" for us.  

I'd be really jubious but there is no way my mate would have plucked "norwegian" out of the air and no way he would follow any page that has mentioned it. 

Apparently Tav was concerned he'd pick up an injury or no club would come in for him next year. Was worried this might be his only chance. 

Sorry for the essay. I know they're hard to read. But has my hopes up on this lad .

That has to be the most believable 'not ITK' ive ever heard! So its either well done to you for making this up in such a way that I believe it, or im so i desperate I will believe anything 🤣

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Another thing I like from that story is Josh Windass acknowledging it’s a *** move 😂

Also a lack of confidence from Tav in his own ability or, he clearly hasn’t been inundated with offers and maybe he fully recognises the limits of his ability and opportunity?

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Nah, trolling not for me. Like I say, not itk at all, just a weird tenuous link.

I think it's different when anyone says "i'm not ITK". 

You are sharing something you've heard and let the points around that either be convincing or not rather than saying "Strand Larsen isn't happening".

Just so I’m straight on this ….Marcus Tav > James Tav > Josh Windass > Dean Windass > Tudders mate > Tudders > OneBoro?

this is what I’m here for 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 12
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

I've just been talking to a mate (big Newcastle fan). He was out at a do over the weekend where Dean Windass was guest speaker on mental health, life after football etc. After the do they had a few drinks. 

He asked what's going on with Middlesbrough, knowing he used to play for us. Windass said he doesn't find out anything and really doesn't try to get info from any teams but...

He was speaking to Josh this week and josh had said he'd been speaking to James tavernier. They're apparently good friends from his time at rangers. Said something like "why is your brother going to a team to be relegated?". 

Apparently Marcus told him that the offer of the prem was too good to turn down. He did have a  "meeting" where he was offered a sales pitch to stay. This included a payrise, a guaranteed payrise if we were promoted and a gentleman's agreement that we would allow him to leave if we didn't get promoted and a Premier league team or top European league team, along with any team in the champions league (presumably meaning celtic or rangers) came in for him. 

Along with this he was told we are really going for it this season. Forss was a "done deal" at this stage and we are in for a "big prolific  Norwegian lad" that "is going to score for fun" for us.  

I'd be really jubious but there is no way my mate would have plucked "norwegian" out of the air and no way he would follow any page that has mentioned it. 

Apparently Tav was concerned he'd pick up an injury or no club would come in for him next year. Was worried this might be his only chance. 

Sorry for the essay. I know they're hard to read. But has my hopes up on this lad .

Interesting! FFS... I'm going to have to watch his YouTube highlights now aren't I. Ready to be hurt again. 

And makes Tav's rationale more understandable, he's had his injury struggles before.

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

Just so I’m straight on this ….Marcus Tav > James Tav > Josh Windass > Dean Windass > Tudders mate > Tudders > OneBoro?

Best game of Chinese whispers of all time 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

this is what I’m here for 😂

I even read "big prolific Norwegian Lad" in Deano's voice. 

• Haha 6
51 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Don't delete. Too much bullying going to posters not in the clique.

I echo this... Although maybe worth having a quiet word regardless the endless amount of arguments that take over the thread 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Interesting! FFS... I'm going to have to watch his YouTube highlights now aren't I. Ready to be hurt again. 

And makes Tav's rationale more understandable, he's had his injury struggles before.

Haha I was thinking the same when I seen the youtube highlight link... I'm not watching that getting excited about a signing that wont happen again! However after that 'story', I'm going to watch it now and invest in the emotional rollercoaster. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I even read "big prolific Norwegian Lad" in Deano's voice. 

After a few pints too. There’s no way Deano is recalling his real name so it’s the ‘BPNL’ It just sounds true!

• Haha 3
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?