oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, LBP said:

Glad we're tapping into scandi talent as well, seems to be rife atm 

I’ve always thought we should pay more attention to Scandinavians, idk why but I just imagine they would settle better in this area than superstar Spanish and French players etc.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LBP said:

I do think there's some very good players in that league but it's weaker than people think

Like that Ajax team a few years back the players have never really hit the heights I thought they would but they're still very good 

Ziyech for Chelsea for example, looked a world beater at Ajax but hasn't quite lived upto it at Chelsea but maybe that's just a Chelsea talent killing thing 

I think it’s just the classic lightweight, stand-off defending, I mean this guy does an overhead kick with 3 defenders on him lol. The time and space he gets is unbelievable sometimes. 

but yeah I think the players are talented it’s just how they can cope adapting to the change of pace.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Equaliser said:

You won't ever find me personally abusing anyone online - that's just not my style - but people claiming to be ITK when they clearly aren't are basically on a wind-up (in order to get attention), no? So I can't blame people for getting fed up with them either. That's all I meant by "justified".

This is where I would point out the problem. Nothing is clearly one way or the other. Everyone complained after Juninho10 was banned because they thought he was clearly ITK after hounding them for a couple of weeks about clearly not being ITK and on the wind-up.

People make their minds up on the spot and justify their response by something being 'clearly' one way or the other when the fact is 90% of the people on this forum don't actually know one another outside of here and don't have a clue if every piece of information they pass on is good or bad.

I do blame people for getting fed up with it and throwing *** at people, personally, because I think it's bloody childish to get up in arms about a football rumour.

I'd also say, for what it's worth, that there have been times when genuine ITK information has been provided in a way that is also for attention. It's the same process but nobody cares when it's people who people trust more, just when it's people they think are making it up.

• Like 1

I love the fact that if we get Muniz and Larrson to join up with Forss, we could have one of those three-letter acronym strike forces like Barca when they had "MSN".

Ours could be "FML", which, to be fair, is what I've been thinking about our strikers for flipping ages.

Edited by KeithLambsFaxMachine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 12
Just now, SouthernSmoggie said:

The Gyok, Henry and now Larsen links suggest we want someone with a physical presence up there this year. Really hope we follow through with the plan if that's the case, because the ball never sticks to our forwards. 

Yep someone who can keep hold of the ball and put the ball in the net. Not asking for much as we 

After watching the game on Saturday i’d be shocked if no left footed centre half comes in.  Bola is not the answer. I don’t mind McNair there personally but I don’t think that’s the answer.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I’ve always thought we should pay more attention to Scandinavians, idk why but I just imagine they would settle better in this area than superstar Spanish and French players etc.

Yeah definitely, still good technically but with added physicality you'd think 

And all speak English 

4 minutes ago, Humpty said:

After watching the game on Saturday i’d be shocked if no left footed centre half comes in.  Bola is not the answer. I don’t mind McNair there personally but I don’t think that’s the answer.

McNair there is a much better fit than Bola, but like you say isn't the answer (at least for Wilder). Having sold Tav I'd really like to see us go back in for Greaves at Hull.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Humpty said:

For what’s it worth, until we sign a LCB id be playing McNair there. Really don’t want Fry there. I think defensively he doesn’t have the pace or athleticism to cope and cover for Giles. Offensively he obviously doesn’t have what McNair or Bola offer.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Humpty said:

Think I'm in a minority but I thought Bola looked decent, was really good going forward but I don't think he did much wrong defensively. Bruce clearly targeted that side because Giles is a bit lax.

Some of the LCBs we've been linked with I'm not sure represent an upgrade over him, he's clearly got the engine to overlap and he's a threat with the ball especially shooting on the edge of the box.

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?