oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

13 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Wasn’t there some story about Coventry’s finances earlier? Could it be they came back to us

Yes was me - about 50 pages ago!Here it is again

Coventry City in a bit of turmoil at moment, which may explain their reluctance to sell anyone unless offer is silly.

SISU, a hedge fund, own City. The stadium is owned by Coventry Council, and leased to Wasps, the RU club. City then sub lease the ground. Wasps have defaulted on a £35m bond repayment and will apparently miss a revised date for paying it later this month. 
according to The Times, the result is that SISU are open to selling City in order to get out of the mess. Theory is a third party could buy both City and the ground lease at same time. Apparently SISU and Coventry Council don’t get on. At all, so SISU don’t want to buy the lease. Alternatively, you may think, it is a good excuse, if they want to sell City anyway, or probably can’t afford to buy the lease off Wasps.
They are busy touting City as a top championship Club with “a natural aspiration” of getting to Premier League. Any sale of Gyrokes  or other sellable assets wouldn’t help that.

• Like 4
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

I'm not against signing muniz af all, but If this was our player apparently making all kinds of noises to get a move away we would be tearing him apart and questioning his integrity, loyalty and character 

Hasn’t he been told he’s not needed this season and can go? I know they are only wanting him to go on a loan, but no-one on here would have a go at Uche for example if he was trying to get a loan moved on and was encouraging fans of a club interested in him. He’s not agitating against Fulham, or trying to get a move against their wishes. 

• Like 3

Pure speculation. No source. Not ITK knowledge. Please put away the pitchforks. But I suspect we're revisiting the Gyokeres deal because of the [slightly] unexpected sale of Tav. We approached the potential of Tav going with trepidation, but this sale does fit with the Kieran Scott footballing model, so not shocked it happened in the end & we KNOW that we are looking to bring in at least 4 strikers this season. Wilder has been pretty clear that Coburn can go out on loan, that Watmore doesn't fit the system and that we're only really giving Akpom a chance because of lack of options.

Forss. Larsen. ????. ????. [?????/Akpom]

I think we'll put up the cash for Gyokeres if come mid/late August our 'cheaper' options don't come through and leave us with 4 man strikeforce [Akpom discluded from that]

Just now, 2plus2 said:

Pure speculation. No source. Not ITK knowledge. Please put away the pitchforks. But I suspect we're revisiting the Gyokeres deal because of the [slightly] unexpected sale of Tav. We approached the potential of Tav going with trepidation, but this sale does fit with the Kieran Scott footballing model, so not shocked it happened in the end & we KNOW that we are looking to bring in at least 4 strikers this season. Wilder has been pretty clear that Coburn can go out on loan, that Watmore doesn't fit the system and that we're only really giving Akpom a chance because of lack of options.

I think we'll put up the cash for Gyokeres if come mid/late August our 'cheaper' options don't come through and leave us with 4 man strikeforce [Akpom discluded from that]

Some would say you have put 2 plus 2 together 

12 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Hasn’t he been told he’s not needed this season and can go? I know they are only wanting him to go on a loan, but no-one on here would have a go at Uche for example if he was trying to get a loan moved on and was encouraging fans of a club interested in him. He’s not agitating against Fulham, or trying to get a move against their wishes. 

Aye, exactly.  Fulham are happy with him to come here, they are just waiting on whatever player(s) they want to bring in themselves.  We know we are after Muniz, I think we can say that he’ll be playing for us this season, we are just waiting for Fulham now.

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

just watched a video of that man utd young lad hannibal. all i seen was a skinny kid who will probably lose possession every time you give him the ball. looks shocking.

Not sure what video you’ve watched, he looks useful and technically sound in the clips I’ve seen. 

Far from a sure thing he’ll be able to perform in the championship for us though, nearly all of his clips are in the u23s

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Right. I think I’ve finally reached the point on this thread where I could no longer give a ***.

This thread is a marathon not a sprint, son. Grow a pair and dig in for the final month or so!

• Haha 5
10 minutes ago, 2plus2 said:

I'm afraid we'll have to burn you. 

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

This thread is a marathon not a sprint, son. Grow a pair and dig in for the final month or so!

Don’t call me ‘son’, cockwomble 😘

• Haha 5
3 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Not sure what video you’ve watched, he looks useful and technically sound in the clips I’ve seen. 

Far from a sure thing he’ll be able to perform in the championship for us though, nearly all of his clips are in the u23s

they all were. basically him having a few touchs turning and running past kids. plus a few long passes. pretty much everything he was doing against the kids would be ineffectual vs the actual professionals in the championship. massive rsik and a big NO from me. should have learned our lesson with Balogun last season.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo