oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, NorwichBoro said:

does seem the deal could be done by end of week if it’s going to happen

It's tough to work out what's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already here. I know that's probably wishful thinking but some of the stories aren't adding up. The article stating that the Sporting Director hasn't responded to the inquires of the TV station and the Local Journalist staying he's working on an 'individual program' away from the rest of the team. It's quite a coincidence that offers have been submitted and he's on an individual program.

The fact Diggerlad has said he's here and the media's been banned and at the same time the club puppets at both The Gazette and Northern Echo have been silent too.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

It's tough to work out what's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already here. I know that's probably wishful thinking but some of the stories aren't adding up. The article stating that the Sporting Director hasn't responded to the inquires of the TV station and the Local Journalist staying he's working on an 'individual program' away from the rest of the team. It's quite a coincidence that offers have been submitted and he's on an individual program.

The fact Diggerlad has said he's here and the media's been banned and at the same time the club puppets at both The Gazette and Northern Echo have been silent too.

It is starting to look like we might have played a blinder and kept a huge deal for us quiet. If he has had a weeks training and QPR don't know about it can only be good. I hope we get 1 or 2 in for Saturday.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Got a favourite band SD?

Yes, at least 50 of them 😂 

Judas Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Overkill, Pantera, Slayer, Sepultura, Six Feet Under, Biohazard, Life Of Agony and Down to name a few 😎🤘

Edited by SmogDane
  • Like 2
Just now, edinboro said:

It is starting to look like we might have played a blunder and kept a huge deal for us quiet. If he has had a weeks training and QPR don't know about it can only be good. I hope we get 1 or 2 in for Saturday.

Blinder I assume.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Marvanelli said:

This is exactly my point.

I see where others are coming from in terms of expectations are different, like United fans saying Maguire isn't up to scratch... Or Chelsea fans moaning about Lukaku... They'd both be alright in the Championship! But this doesn't really apply to young reserve players.

Why would a Leicester U23 who never gets a game not be rubbish? I'm not saying he is, but let's not assume a young player is good just because they're at a Premier League side. We had better young players already at the club than any of the recent dross we were loaned.

If someone has evidence Choudhury is good I'm all ears (and hope he is if we're signing him!) But all I've heard is Leicester fans say he's poor. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I see where others are coming from in terms of expectations are different, like United fans saying Maguire isn't up to scratch... Or Chelsea fans moaning about Lukaku... They'd both be alright in the Championship! But this doesn't really apply to young reserve players.

Why would a Leicester U23 who never gets a game not be rubbish? I'm not saying he is, but let's not assume a young player is good just because they're at a Premier League side. We had better young players already at the club than any of the recent dross we were loaned.

If someone has evidence Choudhury is good I'm all ears (and hope he is if we're signing him!) But all I've heard is Leicester fans say he's poor. 

Not just an u23 though. He’s got 53 PL games and 12 in Europe. He needs to kick on now though and with just a year on his contract we might be able to do a decent deal. 

• Like 3

Regarding Players not being "good enough" our Promotion winning side had Dimi in goal and despite holding the record for clean sheets (we could do with some on here at the minute) he wasn't considered good enough for the Premiership (indeed he wasn't even considered good enough for the Championship but got in by default and in fairness took his opportunity).

Grant was a crucial Player for us that season but again the gap between the top of the Championship and the Premiership was too big an ask. Arguably others like George Friend and Ben Gibson were close but not quite good enough in fact throw in Nsue, Adomah and Ayala. Leicester's fringe players will be far more likely to succeed in the Championship despite many questioning their Premiership credentials.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Judas Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Overkill, Pantera, Slayer, Sepultura, Six Feet Under, Biohazard, Life Of Agony and Down to name a few 😎🤘

Ah an old school guy, cool!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Judas Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Overkill, Planters, Slayer, Sepultura, Six Feet Under, Biohazard, Life Of Agony and Down to name a few 😎🤘

Another Biohazard fan! ☣️ State of the World Address is still one of my favourite albums.

Back on topic, I'm not convinced either Choudhury or Mejbri are what we need in midfield. I kinda hope this is just paper/Mungo's Mum talk, and we're looking for more proven consistent players to replace Tav and challenge Howson.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Regarding Players not being "good enough" our Promotion winning side had Dimi in goal and despite holding the record for clean sheets (we could do with some on here at the minute) he wasn't considered good enough for the Premiership (indeed he wasn't even considered good enough for the Championship but got in by default and in fairness took his opportunity).

Grant was a crucial Player for us that season but again the gap between the top of the Championship and the Premiership was too big an ask. Arguably others like George Friend and Ben Gibson were close but not quite good enough in fact throw in Nsue, Adomah and Ayala. Leicester's fringe players will be far more likely to succeed in the Championship despite many questioning their Premiership credentials.

tbf Grant didn't not play in the prem coz he wasn't good enough, he was injured pretty much the entire season wasn't he?

• Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo