oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 hour ago, boksicdink said:

He says:

o keep you on board and to steps to keep are now the  been bidding from bologna twice now there are also two offers been from from middlesbrough who still are much higher than those bids from bologna

yes it is also logical that if you are young  ar and you are a boy of 22 years  yes you can see those steps too  sitting it's beautiful but you understand  also us as a club very good in everyone  case yes that's the conversations so far mutually expired and yes we would like to be with you now  talking about  to show you that really wants a lot  appreciate him that we are  role in the group is super important

I do speak Dutch, so here goes: Fledderus says they're enormously proud of his development. He says (short version) that he ticked all the boxes when we saw him play in Norway although he didn't score many goals at the time. It's great that other clubs are showing interest in him but FC Groningen are very ambitious . We've made a lot of money on the transfer market in the last three years but finally we're a club that wants to perform, so we want to keep Larsen. We made that very clear at the end of last season when I sat down with him to discuss his development. I told Larsen that this year there's a good chance that other clubs are going to show interest. We reached an agreement whereby Groningen wants to keep him in principle and would only sell him for the absolute top sale price. That price has not been met so it's no longer under discussion and now we're doing everything we can to keep Jørgen. There's been an offer from Bologna and two offers from Middlesbrough which are bit higher than the bids from Bologna. It's also logical from Jørgen's point of view that he's attracted to that step up but now we want to sit down with him and tell him that we value him very highly, that we think he has a very important place in the team and that maybe he deserves a better contract. That's the present status regarding Jørgen and nobody knows how that's going to play out in the next weeks but we're going to do everything we can to keep him at the club with a satisfied feeling.

That's more or less it. Make of it what you will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, borobaz said:

Everton aren't in for Barkley 

Funny how they suddenly lost interest in him after he decided he didn't want to go there?? 🤣 I didn't even know that they had publicly come out and said they didn't want him anymore Fulham certainly do though 

Just now, Bristol_Boro said:

Funny how they suddenly lost interest in him after he decided he didn't want to go there?? 🤣 I didn't even know that they had publicly come out and said they didn't want him anymore Fulham certainly do though 

Do you think the Muniz deal could be done for QPR mate?

3 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I see where others are coming from in terms of expectations are different, like United fans saying Maguire isn't up to scratch... Or Chelsea fans moaning about Lukaku... They'd both be alright in the Championship! But this doesn't really apply to young reserve players.

Why would a Leicester U23 who never gets a game not be rubbish? I'm not saying he is, but let's not assume a young player is good just because they're at a Premier League side. We had better young players already at the club than any of the recent dross we were loaned.

If someone has evidence Choudhury is good I'm all ears (and hope he is if we're signing him!) But all I've heard is Leicester fans say he's poor. 

I live near Leicester.  Don't know anybody who thinks he's poor. Maybe not good enough for them but neither would any of our current squad. Newcastle wanted him last year. Plus he's been a regular squad player for them for the last few seasons, playing over 50 times in the PL. He's not an under 23. That's not the same as the likes of Balogun. 

That being said, he's a solid player. Not somebody who would rip up the championship imo and if he's not keen on coming up north I'm not sure on it. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Do you think the Muniz deal could be done for QPR mate?

He wouldn’t be playing even if it was you’d have to think?  Mind if Coburn is injured then we are down a striker I guess.

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Would people be satisfied with us having a Strike Force of Muniz, Larsen, Hoppe and Forss? 

Yes, I’d prefer a small quick striker to partner one of them. Like Watmore just technically more gifted (armstrong) but looks like that won’t happen. I’d still be happy with them

3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Would people be satisfied with us having a Strike Force of Muniz, Larsen, Hoppe and Forss? 

Satisfied? I’d be ecstatic. Throw Watmore in there if we keep him and that’s a very good set of options.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He wouldn’t be playing even if it was you’d have to think?  Mind if Coburn is injured then we are down a striker I guess.

Probably wouldn’t start but it’s a good option to have. Debut Barnsley in cup hopefully.

4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Yes. We’re going in a different direction as a club in terms of recruitment and playing style. These are the kinda players we need to go for 

• Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo