oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Agree with this… the one player that we’ve been linked to that I really don’t want is Hoppe. He might do well but there is absolutely zero evidence to suggest that he will. With all the others linked, there is at least some evidence to suggest they could do a job for us. 

Got 5 goals in bundesliga and got a move to la liga, fair he hasn’t set the world alight but zero evidence? Spent the last 2 seasons a level above where we are.

Like us with Tav, saying we don’t want him to go even though we know he will, two clubs have done the same thing this week. The two clubs are Groningen and Hull. Wouldn’t surprise me if Larsen and Greaves arrive soon.👍

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Got 5 goals in bundesliga and got a move to la liga, fair he hasn’t set the world alight but zero evidence? Spent the last 2 seasons a level above where we are.

I think it’s a slight exaggeration to say that he has spent the last 2 seasons playing at a level above when he has played a grand total of 1309 minutes of Bundesliga football (and realistically only got game time as he was playing for the whipping boys of the league who finished bottom on 16 points, 15 points behind the team who finished second bottom) and couldn’t get near the team that finished 16th in La Liga, seeing a grand total of 128 minutes of game time. 

To put that in comparison, Aaron Connolly has 2203 minutes of Premier League football under his belt and is less than a year older. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I think it’s a slight exaggeration to say that he has spent the last 2 seasons playing at a level above when he has played a grand total of 1309 minutes of Bundesliga football (and realistically only got game time as he was playing for the whipping boys of the league who finished bottom on 16 points, 15 points behind the team who finished second bottom) and couldn’t get near the team that finished 16th in La Liga, seeing a grand total of 128 minutes of game time. 

To put that in comparison, Aaron Connolly has 2203 minutes of Premier League football under his belt and is less than a year older. 

But ‘zero evidence’ isn’t an exaggeration at all I’m guessing?

In all fairness to @diggerlad07 he’s come out and made a statement and it probably will happen. The thing is the way football works it also may not end up happening for whatever reason, but that doesn’t mean he was passing on incorrect info and should be attacked.

ITK’s or people who hear things will not always be correct. Unless you’ve got Gibson on here who comes on and says right guys we are about to sign x y z, then we’re never going to know for certain.

I know I’ve mentioned it on here in the past that I was told from someone who heard it straight from a very good source that Phil Neville had agreed to be our manager after Warnock with Steve Round as assistant/DOF role (think it was round, whoever was mentioned to be on Woodgate staff and later pulled out)

There was no reason to doubt this because of where the info came from and my contact was so confident that myself and a few others put a few bets on at the time at very good odds, and sat waiting for it to be announced and get a good pay day out of it.

Now it obviously didn’t happen, and to be fair I haven’t heard anything since to confirm this was true. (Any other ITK hear this would be good to hear from you to confirm) but this is what I’m saying, it didn’t happen, sometimes things don’t pan out.

also this is a rumours page so info should be treated as such anyway and not jumped on if things don’t pan out. 

just saying..

• Like 9
49 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

But ‘zero evidence’ isn’t an exaggeration at all I’m guessing?

Perhaps instead of being critical of the posters words, you could spell out the case why you feel he is likely to deliver the goals and assists to a Boro promotion push this season. Spell out his achievements to anyone concerned, why he is so much more than a poundshop make do and £3M is money well spent on him?

• Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo