oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

17 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

If we lose out on the bloke I hadnt heard of a week ago to BURNLEY of all people, we riot.

I thought I would hate them less once Dyche was gone but they are still annoying.

Gibbo, pay Groningen whatever they want. I hope it makes some Burnley fans cry

**edit** Just realised this may come across a bit more serious than I meant it, so here is a smiley face 🤣

This is definitely his club and/or agent trying to force our hand. Standard practice.

• Like 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Emilio Nsuiiii said:

I’m excited to see the side of him Brentford liked, but for his cameo on Saturday he seemed rather slow, not so strong and not much use in link up play. I know he’s a finisher, but unless someone can do the job next to him, him being this in the box clinical striker is useless 

We need to patient with him as he'd been in the club for 5 mins and was playing alongside Coburn, so hard to judge from that cameo. I dont think its essential that we have a particular player beside him too given our threats come from out wide but I think in the short term Chuba linking up player beside him could work

Maybe it's time we walked away , offer them £7m and take it or leave it, if the player wants to come he can make it happen, we need more than one player so don't get bogged down, like we did with Alves ,  

If we get players in for other positions, we can be competitive untill January , infact Windass at Sheff W could be value there are others

Just now, kentucky said:

Maybe it's time we walked away , offer them £7m and take it or leave it, if the player wants to come he can make it happen, we need more than one player so don't get bogged down, like we did with Alves ,  

If we get players in for other positions, we can be competitive untill January , infact Windass at Sheff W could be value there are others

Brave bit of negotiation there. 

Us - 8.5mil

Them - nope, rejected. 

Us - fine, you've forced our hand. 7mil, take it or leave it.

• Haha 25
5 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Ooo its been a while since we have had some Bausor bashing 

Like clockwork. We won't pay a blank cheque for some player that no-one had heard about a week ago, and it's Bauser's fault if and when we don't sign them.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, kentucky said:

At least you waited until midday to start drinking today

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Anyone else think our fans are undervaluing Forss? 

The lad is a good player at a decent age and his signing has largely been ignored or deemed as not improving our options, we all saw how deep and negative Hull were at the riverside so I wouldnt read into that spell too much and his Brentford record for the minutes he played was decent

Is he a good player? And how do we know that? He may be, he may not be… but there is currently not enough evidence to make a decision. 

From the limited information we have on him so far (Brentford fans opinions and his 30 minute cameo on Saturday), it would appear that he doesn’t offer all that much apart from being a good finisher. And even that is still up for debate considering he has only 9 Championship goals to his name in 59 appearances. And I am aware that quite a number of those 59 appearances were subs appearances. But is there enough there to say, categorically, that he will be any better than Watmore of Akpom? Or even Balogun or Connolly?

Point I am trying to make is that I don’t think we are undervaluing him, I just think we don’t yet have enough information to tell us whether he will be good or not. Give him 10 games or so and then we will all be able to make a better judgement on his abilities. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, kentucky said:

GIF by Giphy QA

• Haha 5
13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I know that bausor can't negotiate his way out of a wet paper bag, yes 

And how do you know that? Sounds weird that you know that all the while Gibson has employed him in that role for so many years. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, LemonTop said:

They'll have to prise him out of fortress Rockliffe first!

IMG_0094.jpeg

BELIEVE being the key words.

He might believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and Bigfoot too, for all we know. 😉

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Like clockwork. We won't pay a blank cheque for some player that no-one had heard about a week ago, and it's Bauser's fault if and when we don't sign them.

This isn't just about this deal. Bausor isn't very good at the football side of the business, that's just the way it is.

19 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Anyone else think our fans are undervaluing Forss? 

The lad is a good player at a decent age and his signing has largely been ignored or deemed as not improving our options, we all saw how deep and negative Hull were at the riverside so I wouldnt read into that spell too much and his Brentford record for the minutes he played was decent

I think its just being realistic, just because he's a new player doesn't mean that he's better than what we've already got. Someone just bought Sporar for £3m which would say that they're valued as similar levels of striker. Sporar didn't work out for us here, Forss might, but then he might not... there's a reason loads of other teams weren't battling for him. The reason he's cheaper than a lot of these other strikers is that he's a bit of an unknown.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo