oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

H-bird Aviation Services offers a travel experience beyond the traditional and standard. Our large fleet of different aircraft enables chartered business-and pleasure travel tailored specifically to your requirements. (that's the Swedish website for the company that runs that aircraft) 

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

It doesn’t work like that.  His availability isn’t a secret, his agent will be touting him wherever they can get a good deal. Someone talking about it on Twitter or on a forum isn’t going to let the cat out of the bag.

Then why the secrecy and the media blackout from this end if it makes no difference? Why the concern that Digger's mate might have landed him or herself in hot water?

Every Player has a price and every Club will have a scouting department including a dossier of Agents of some sort from a very elaborate and sophisticated team tracking analytics to an old geezer with a sheepskin coat in the Conference or down the local rec. Data exists on all Players but a head start in negotiations with the hope of concluding a deal before serious interest is stirred elsewhere is a benefit. Once two or three clubs become interested price, wage demands and contract lengths increase as to who offers the best deal. 

7 minutes ago, TeessiderJR said:

👎😕

Just to probe a bit, and feel free to ignore me or tell me to go away, but how do you know this? Is it just the flight wasn't booked by Boro or that Larsen definitely wasn't on the flight? Feel free to PM also if it can't be public.

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

So wilder to say in morning we are really really really really close to some signings 

That’s it, thats it, nobody has seen them, the reason they really must be close is because we are signing the invisible man, that or we have bought Harry Potters cloak of invisibility. They’re hiding in plain sight, a masterstroke, just secretly introduce them and nobody will know a thing as the ball develops a mind of its own, repeatedly going in the oppositions goal. When they said there was a blackout, they didn’t mean a media blackout, it all makes sense now. 

Well Done Neil Bausor 👏

13 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Then why the secrecy and the media blackout from this end if it makes no difference? Why the concern that Digger's mate might have landed him or herself in hot water?

Every Player has a price and every Club will have a scouting department including a dossier of Agents of some sort from a very elaborate and sophisticated team tracking analytics to an old geezer with a sheepskin coat in the Conference or down the local rec. Data exists on all Players but a head start in negotiations with the hope of concluding a deal before serious interest is stirred elsewhere is a benefit. Once two or three clubs become interested price, wage demands and contract lengths increase as to who offers the best deal. 

There hasn’t been a media blackout though.  The media here are actually talking about it.  If you mean from the club’s point of view then what is there for them to say exactly?  We are interested in signing him but we haven’t yet?  As a rule it’s not something that we tend to do, and if negotiations are proving tricky then they wouldn’t want to comment on it most likely.

As for digger’s mate, he was fine with digger posting the stuff about Larsen.  It was people on here who were talking themselves into some elaborate trap being set to root out people passing on information, I don’t think diggerlad suggested anything of the sort.  In fact, his mate seemed more bothered about the Coburn stuff than anything else.

No agent worth his salt will allow his player to sign a deal somewhere without making sure there wasn’t a much better deal somewhere else.  That’s why transfers will rarely if ever be secrets, it’s not in the players interest for there to only be one club in for him.  For that matter, it’s not in the selling club’s interest most of the time.

• Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo