oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Could be the players agent? Or some of his family coming to join Larsen who's already here. 

Or a businessman, over here on non football related business……….nah, gotta be a new signing!

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Could be the players agent? Or some of his family coming to join Larsen who's already here. 

Or an elite team of Groningen executives trying to rescue(kidnap) him, and return him to North

• Haha 1

If you were going to charter a private plane surely the objective would be to fly direct from Groningen to Teesside, what would be the point of flying to Amsterdam to then fly to Teesside?

It's 120 miles and would take two and a half hours by car, like us going to Manchester Airport it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. He would like as not meet his agent online via Teams etc. beforehand to talk things through and then if it proceeds any further on Teesside. 

Had the flight gone direct to here from Groningen and then departed for Italy immediately afterwards then it might stack up but as it stands it just looks to me like putting two and two together and getting five.

Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

If you were going to charter a private plane surely the objective would be to fly direct from Groningen to Teesside, what would be the point of flying to Amsterdam to then fly to Teesside?

It's 120 miles and would take two and a half hours by car, like us going to Manchester Airport it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. He would like as not meet his agent online via Teams etc. beforehand to talk things through and then if it proceeds any further on Teesside. 

Had the flight gone direct to here from Groningen and then departed for Italy immediately afterwards then it might stack up but as it stands it just looks to me like putting two and two together band getting five.

Exactly. Think people are just wanting to believe. Makes no sense. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

There hasn’t been a media blackout though.  The media here are actually talking about it.  

The media here i.e. the Gazette and Echo only started to reference it after it was all over here and social media and they couldn't ignore the Elephant in the room any longer for their own credibility.

I know this isn't what we want but judging from wilders comments at the weekend, Tav leaving when apparently the club did their best to keep him and the silence this week, could it be that those weekend targets have been put on the back burner as we have more money to spend so can get who we really want? We've bid for larsen and Henry for big money whilst gyok is known as a target which suggests that's what we want to do. The likes of hoppe and muniz are not the same sort of bids. I think akpom stays (plus wilders comments about wanting 5 more in) means I think we get 2 more strikers. 

2 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

And why would he be landing today when he was at rockcliffe monday/ tuesday 

There is of course the possibility (probability) that he wasn't here on Monday or Tuesday.

Do you honestly think it's more likely that a player we haven't even agreed a fee on was training with us on Monday than it is that we held talks in a neutral location and someone involved is flying here now?

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The media here i.e. the Gazette and Echo only started to reference it after it was all over here and social media and they couldn't ignore the Elephant in the room any longer for their own credibility.

But what's different with that than what usually happens?  When are either ever first to reveal targets, it just doesn’t happen.

• Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo