oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

14 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

And why would he be landing today when he was at rockcliffe monday/ tuesday 

maybe first visit was to see if he liked the club etc and agree terms, then coming back to finalise.

12 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

I’m not saying you get kicks out of it, was more pointing out how people readily believe the bad news lol. 

I get private flights come into Teesside regularly, its just the origin of it that seems highly coincidental to me. Do you see the people on these flights or have access to the roster? Obv not asking for the names just how you can be so sure?

well maybe worth just looking to see how often these flights take place, if they have been taking place previously outside the last week then you would think its a good chance its co-indecence. if someone said there was a flight before coming here direct that could also be someone else who chartered the flight for the first journey then the next was potentially for him. But think these flights can be a bit of a leap at connecting dots. 

10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Seems to be getting a bit panicky at Bournemouth in relation to signings, which isn't great for Tav's sake.

10 hours ago, Marvanelli said:

Bournemouth are in a mess. A huge mess. They’ve barely got a defence for Saturdays game against Villa. 

Can see then coming straight back down without a fight. 

at least they signed a left back from us to help out lol

9 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Ideal window from here on in for me:

LCB: Greaves (£4m with further £3m based on promotion and personal goals)

CM 1: Hanniabl (Loan)

CM 2: Callum Styles: (£2m)

CF1: Muniz (Loan)

CF2: Armstrong (£9m with a further £5m based on promotion and personal goals)

Total initial outlay: £15m rising to £23m

Banked: £25m rising to £35m.

#Goodnight

when are you going to conclude these deals mate, looks like you got everything sorted for us thanks

5 hours ago, BorofaninCanada said:

I don’t want to derail the thread but I have a genuine question regarding transfers. Admins feel free to move this.

Many members on the forum for example think we did not receive the amount expected for say Tav as a recent transfer example. We blame those involved in the business of signing off on these deals. Are we too harsh?  

I ask because  what goes into that €/$/£ number we are told the player is sold for?

Is it possible that the value we accept is lower because we have asked the player politely to put in a transfer request if they want the move and promise to not release this fact. This could be to maintain the  players rep (especially players that come through thbut in turn saves us paying the player 1-1.5 million loyalty bonus (whatever the contract states). If the player complied we tell the player we will in turn accept the lower bid of 12.5 mill, we really wanted 14 but no loyalty bonus means we can accept 12.5 just so the player can go. I realize it makes the club look poor in our eyes but saves the club the loyalty bonus paid out and the rep of the player amongst the fans.e academy) 

Is this possibly why, in some cases, the transfer fee of a player is a little lower than expected?

Do all players request a loyalty bonus/transfer bonus in their contract in the event they are sold early on? 

Anyone have a clue of an average loyalty/transfer bonus at championship and premier league level?

I’m just curious. 

TIA

I hope for good news on a signing tomorrow or at least an update from @diggerlad07

a player requesting a transfer could certinley reduce the amount the club needs to recover in some situations as its money they no longer need to pay out, I don't think there is any need to protect a players rep though, requesting a transfer espescially when you are stepping up does not really harm a players rep that much, espieally for the club which has just used this wish to sign them. Be like you holding it against an employee for joining you but leaving their previous employer when you were the one offering them a job lol.

I think in reality £12.5m for tav is bang on, I cannot see why anyone would pay more than Spence for him even if we personally value him more, Spence had a real breakout season with national focus in the media for his exploits, Tav got himself on peoples raydars but was much more low key and don't think had no where near as much focus on his exploits for last season, which to be honest was only consistent for the last 6 months. To get same for me as spence up front was good business for another player who wanted to leave.

I would say the championship is that much of a hodge podge of teams and players too good for the league to having some who should barley be in the championship that there is probs no average package, everyone different and the more wanted you are by certain clubs the more in bonus's and signing on fees you will get, also got the chance to even stack these up way more if your out of contract and wanted by a few clubs too (rather than someone who is out of contract but does not have the leverage of clubs needing them more than they need a club - which appears to be the case alot more these days than it used to be).

digger will just update when ever, may not be much to update with 

21 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Only for those attending it, but as there is a media blackout CW is just asking himself questions 😂

I can see him telling himself that he don't need to ask him anything

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I thought he would have to make an appearance on the pitch for us before that would kick in @Rob ?

was a bit of a joke but looked up says register for 3, play for 2 only per season so think ya right man 

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If all were waiting for is premier league dominos falling ..

. .. what was the point of all the extensive European scouting that we've heard about?

I think its called BS.

Just now, edinboro said:

That isn't very encouraging at all. And like said above, are we purely looking at loans from from Premier League clubs. That seems to be very short sighted and narrow minded.

could well be both, and not that bad as think we could get good players that if we bought may not be good enough in prem and need replacing so better to loan if they are going to be better quality than we can get from elsewhere

2 hours ago, Rat catcher said:

Over the past three weeks we have seen numerous names linked with us. In truth how many of those potential names are actually on the official Boro's transfer list ?The silence from the Boro is deafening so lets hope NW can shed some light on the subject this morning.

It's come to something when we are relying on that gobsh1te to explain things to us.

1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I think its called BS.

Spread fake rumours that we are looking at top European talent, when in reality we are trying to loan our way through  the season.

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If all were waiting for is premier league dominos falling ..

. .. what was the point of all the extensive European scouting that we've heard about?

That'll be some of the loans, but also once the prem starts spending it'll inject a lot of money into the European leagues too.

• Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo