oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, Aphex_Boro said:

There isn't but you named 4 decent loans and one of them was literally 20 years ago. Most of our loans don't offer very much, especially over the last few years. 

It does look like Giles and Steffen will be exceptions to that this year though, so hopefully that continues. 

some have defiantly been questionable, but can say the same about our permanent deals too.

its the ones where we don't even try with them that puzzle me, like that huddersfield winger, that american we had from man city and pulis just kept him on the bench and brought on crany instead nearly every match lol, at least with last years we at least tried to use to them and get the most out of them compared to them ones which made me think why even get them on loan in the first place lol.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Aphex_Boro said:

There isn't but you named 4 decent loans and one of them was literally 20 years ago. Most of our loans don't offer very much, especially over the last few years. 

It does look like Giles and Steffen will be exceptions to that this year though, so hopefully that continues. 

And we haven't had the same if not more poor permanent signings?

I mentioned Geremi because he was great for us but as shown by forest and Sheff Utd decent loan players can make a difference now too

10 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

More JLS’s, Sporar’s, Connolly’s and Baloguns for me please. 

A guaranteed summer rebuild every 12 months. Money draining out the club on loan fees and wages.

Or (and stay with me on this wild suggestion)

Identify players good enough to get us promoted whether that be on loan or perm deals as they might need replacing anyway as we go up a level.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, LBP said:

For sure, we've used loans as winger/striker stop gaps for the past 10 years it feels like 🤣

Yes. Like every other Championship team.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

for every geremi there is a dozen nimelys.

For every Crooks, there is a dozen Akpom's, Uche's, Hall's.

We can go around in circles but the truth is a bad signing is a bad signing if they are a permanent or loan. So let's just get the best players we can afford for as long as we can get them, which it looks like the club is trying to do

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Christ this is really dull…

It's not that dull, its a transfer thread where people are discussing their opinions on transfers type things.

Signings are a bit like heroin in the transfer window, people are desperate for them and once they get a hit there is excitement for a couple of hours and then it's gone and people start looking for the next one to come along.

Any form of debate on this thread other than confirmed transfers gets complained about but without it the forum would be dead as its the only place with a constant stream of posts.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

For every Crooks, there is a dozen Akpom's, Uche's, Hall's.

We can go around in circles but the truth is a bad signing is a bad signing if they are a permanent or loan. So let's just get the best players we can afford for as long as we can get them, which it looks like the club is trying to do

For every Akpom you mean... #Backpom

• Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?