oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

'People' won't take it in because it might not be true. 

I might win the lottery, we might break the point total record, there might be a proven goalscorer out there that would love to come to us, you might be right, i might be wrong!

C'mon, that's really not a strong argument at all!

5 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

May have spent too long looking at his Instagram page recently 😳🥵

Well it probably contains more quality than his footballing career does to date

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1
32 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Maybe it is called soccer after all.

Soc(cer) is an abbreviation of Association football originated in the UK to differentiate it from Rugby football (rugger) in the 1890s I believe. The US picked up on it during the war and kept it. Useful as they already had football which is primarily played with the hands.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He wasn’t identified last season mate, it’s the usual crap that clubs come out with to make it seem like every signing is some well thought out move.  No bugger knew or cared about the lad less than 2 years ago, he wasn’t even playing much for Schalke’s reserve teams.  They were terrible, and either they had injuries or just decided to roll the dice with him.  He played a game for them, then went back to the bench for a few, then came back in, scored a hat trick in Schalke’s only good performance of the season, then scored in the following game, and the one after. Wow! Where did this guy come from?  Suddenly everyone knows about him, and everyone cares about him, he is very much on the radar, and you can bet that Norwich would have been aware.  Now he has a reputation, he’s a fantastic young prospect that everyone is looking at but then he doesn’t score any more goals for lots of games, and only gets one more in total.  

The end of the season comes and Schalke realise they can cash in, during the season they were talking about fees up to 8/9 million for him.  In the event, he moves for about 3 million to Mallorca because really there weren’t lots of teams looking at him, or rather, they looked and decided not to bother.  He goes to Mallorca, isn’t good enough for them, and now he makes his way here because the strikers we would like to sign we can’t get done so we will take a chance on this lad in the hope that the glimpses he showed in a few games with Schalke, can become more than just glimpses here.

That’s my worry. It’s a gamble because we’ve shafted it elsewhere or fed up of waiting. 

I am dubious but will back him in a boro shirt til he proves me wrong / right. 

• Like 2
Just now, ManBearPig said:

That’s my worry. It’s a gamble because we’ve shafted it elsewhere or fed up of waiting. 

I am dubious but will back him in a boro shirt til he proves me wrong / right. 

If either him or Forss were at the top of our list then they’d have been here a month ago, as neither is/was wanted by their clubs.  That alone doesn’t mean they won’t be decent signings, it just means we’ve probably missed out on whoever we rated more highly than them, at least for the time being.

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If either him or Forss were at the top of our list then they’d have been here a month ago, as neither is/was wanted by their clubs.  That alone doesn’t mean they won’t be decent signings, it just means we’ve probably missed out on whoever we rated more highly than them, at least for the time being.

I think there is a good chance we were very quickly priced out of Gyokeres and Piroe, then told there were clubs ahead of us or we have to wait until the end of the window to decide if they are even leaving for the likes of Keinan Davis, Muniz, Armstrong and Archer

1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

Hoppe is also a nuisance for defenses, relatively quick, and great with both feet

He should be an upgrade to Watmore, without sacrificing the energy Watmore brings

You just described watmores attributes there.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?