oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Haha we all saw that article coming didn’t we?!? I’ve nothing against Akpom and I hope he does have a decent season but it’s articles like this that just confirm we’ve missed out on key targets.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It's not all about goalscorers though, Saturday showed we need at least one player up there who can keep it and link up play 

With a 10-15m odd budget and ambitions of promotion we should have a player that does both

Refuse to kid myself that Akpom's the answer this season

• Like 5

If it ends up as Akpom, Forss, Hoppe and Muniz you'd hope we could use the funds to really strengthen our midfield and move on from Greaves at LCB who is going to cost a small ransom... 

• Like 2

If he’s shown a good attitude and at the moment gives us an outlet to build off and you’ve got to remember it will take any other striker 2 weeks to bed in and if they dont arrive to until late in the window it makes sense, especially with plenty of games at the start of the season.

As last season proves every point is vital even at the start of the season.

Hoppe, Forss,Akpom +2 

• Like 1

Akpom looked great in my opinion. He should have had one and could have had two with a little more luck on the day. 
He showed that he was a better partner for Forss than Watmore and staked his claim for a place going forward. 
I think once Hoppe arrives he may drop down the pecking order but he’s shown more in that game than he did for Warnock.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LBP said:

With a 10-15m odd budget and ambitions of promotion we should have a player that does both

Refuse to kid myself that Akpom's the answer this season

He's not the answer, he's potentially part of a good group. The ideal is you get Forss and Muniz/Larsen but we will need Hoppe and Akpom playing their part too

• Like 1

In the last two games, akpom has shown all of the attributes that we were told about by the supporter of his previous club that we didn't see in his first spell here. So they aren't just one offs. I'm happy to have him as part of the group.

I think another aspect of this is that we are clearly going to need significant investment in the midfield which maybe we didn't anticipate when we were originally looking at striker options. Maybe wilder didn't really think that losing Tav would have quite as catastrophic effect on how that midfield unit would perform (though I can't see how, given how many of us on here were saying it), and he now needs to shift some resources

But I really do want us to replace watmore now. I think it's one or the other, and akpom is miles ahead of him atm. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Forss, Muniz, Hoppe, Akpom and Larsen

Watmore to be sold

Coburn to go out on loan once he's recovered from his injury

Two midfielders and an LCB and I think that's us sorted

I’ll be creaming my pants if that is our 5 strikers

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Watmore to be sold

I think that’s what we need as well. A lot of work to be done! I also want them 2x midfielder to be first 11 quality so they can really be pushing to start. Not just squad fillers like the likes of Smith (nothing against Smith or the signing).

• Like 3

I am also happy to keep Chuba as 4th/5th choice. 

If someone had said we are getting an ex Arsenal striker who has had a decent spell abroad as our 4th/5th choice striker and his main strength lies in playing up top in a 2 then I think we would all give that the thumbs up.

Its just Chuba is being judged on his mis-management by NW. We scouted and signed the lad as a striker who plays in a two and then decided to use him as a lone striker. Its an utterly retarded thought process.

Edited by TLF10
  • Like 4
43 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Watmore to be sold

Yeah that's not going to happen at all. Would be good though. I reckon no Larsen, Watmore will stay, we'll get one young midfielder on loan and a LCB but not Greaves.

• Sad 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?