oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Whilst I have no objections to playing Akpom based of his first 2 cameo's this season, he did show how poor a striker he is with the chance he had at the weekend. It wasnt an easy chance by any means, but he really should have used his left foot rather than using his right, by using his right he made it almost impossible to score....not the predator that we need in front of goal at all.

• Like 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TheJew said:

He is hopeless upfront. Movement rubbish and doesn't understand offside rule from a forward position.

An absolute waste of a position  playing Crooks up top.

Don't often agree with you, but Saturday showed exactly why crooks should never play up front despite people bringing it up consistently. He is decent in the air when attacking the ball in the box but he's utterly useless in duels outside the box and if he can't win aerial battles to bring other players into play then what is he bringing as a forward?

• Like 2

Can only echo others re Akpom.

Has looked brilliantly suited to Wilderball so far, he does the drop into midfield and link the play role really well hopefully he can keep it up. Him and Forss could be a great partnership starting Saturday.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Whilst I have no objections to playing Akpom based of his first 2 cameo's this season, he did show how poor a striker he is with the chance he had at the weekend. It wasnt an easy chance by any means, but he really should have used his left foot rather than using his right, by using his right he made it almost impossible to score....not the predator that we need in front of goal at all.

He’s also nowhere near full match sharpness or fitness yet…

• Like 3

Regarding Crooks ... When we play a strong big unit striker, there will be lots of space for Crooks to make those runs in to the box from midfield .. Giles and Jones to provide and Crooks could easily score 5 goals more than last season ... But I agree, that he should not be a striker .. But runs to the box makes him dangerous when the opponents defense is busy with our strkers

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Don't often agree with you, but Saturday showed exactly why crooks should never play up front despite people bringing it up consistently. He is decent in the air when attacking the ball in the box but he's utterly useless in duels outside the box and if he can't win aerial battles to bring other players into play then what is he bringing as a forward?

I do think it's clear that Wilder is desperate for a physically imposing taller striker the way he tried to shoe horn Crooks in.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Because he’s been training on he’s own he will be behind in he’s match fitness so hopefully he’s decision making will improve with more game time 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

He may have had a better chance with his left, but IIRC Dieng was basically on top of him by the time it got to him anyway, it was always going to be difficult and I don't think it's particularly fair to beat him with that stick.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Will Hoppe be announced today you reckon 

Nope. I'd imagine his work permit will take a bit longer, and he won't be announced before that. Would be nice if he could be involved against Barnsley but I reckon that's too soon for all the paperwork to be done. Can't see us making more signings before the weekend game either. 

If Larsen is off, I hope he goes to Bologna. Before another champ club jumps in. Would hate to see him tearing it up for a rival after our flirtation . 

• Like 5

I like Akpom, and I don't think we've seen anything like the best of him. He's been shoddily treated by the club throughout his time here, and I'd be delighted if he hits double figures by banging in crosses from the WBs every week.

However, what does it say about our new recruitment model when we're into the 14th week of a 17-week transfer window, and our squad is so thin that we're having to rely on Neil Warnock's "number one target" - a player Wilder didn't even deem worthy of a squad number a fortnight ago?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?