oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

Based on absolutely nothing, I'm going to go:

Muniz - Wednesday

Hoppe - Thursday 

Hannibal - Friday 

hannibal well definitely remove the defensive weakness and add some strength into our midfield............erm hang on

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Not really, they're just new comments from the coach that they are reporting, doesn't mean anything has actually changed.

Maybe yeah. Oddly, this headline on the Echo homepage suggests the talks are a bit further along, but then you click on the link and it's a different headline, and basically the same article as the Hull paper

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough/

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tom said:

But he's had contract offers on the table most of the summer. The fact that this is news suggests that there is a reasonable shout that he'll sign this one.

There's definitely confidence on the Hull end and I'm not shocked really. He is by all accounts their equivalent of Dael Fry. If we were in the Prem then it's potentially a different story but at 21, he might well be willing to be patient and not pre-emptively throw away his chances at a Hull promotion.

Definitely looks a player, like, would like him here but hopefully we're quickly willing to move on.

• Like 2

Shouldve been after Panzo who went to Cov, looked class vs Sunlun 

Wonder if Massengo from Bristol would fit the clubs new recruitment policy and be a viable DM option? Was very highly rated and signed for big money but has been pretty up and down for them, contract up next year too

AFAIK they're trying to get him to commit to a new one as well so they must still rate him, plus still only 21

https://youtu.be/7TiiwC6j030

Edited by LBP

the defeat never bothered me so much, what did bother me was the gaping holes between the defense and midfield again. teams have a free run on the back 3 like last season. wilder isnt all that tactically. he built a system/style and is very rigid is that system. hes like the bully coach on waterboy. he stole the real tactical genius's play book because he is unable to create any tactics himself.

The Waterboy Superbowl GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 1

From what I remember Akpom ,was only here five minutes, and pushed to leave , which he did, he's come back and found himself , marginalized, infact probably looking at going to a club down the league and on way less money, he and is agent have had conversations with Wilder , asking what's required for him to be part of things again, Wilder as told him the facts ,and it looks like he's applied himself, hopefully it's the real deal and he continues to improve and gives a 100%

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

There's definitely confidence on the Hull end and I'm not shocked really. He is by all accounts their equivalent of Dael Fry. If we were in the Prem then it's potentially a different story but at 21, he might well be willing to be patient and not pre-emptively throw away his chances at a Hull promotion.

Definitely looks a player, like, would like him here but hopefully we're quickly willing to move on.

Its always felt a non starter, Hull dont need money, its not a huge step up for the player, hes from Hull and his dad is a former player. I find it very odd that he seems to be the only one we have been linked with too

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Imagine he will sign a new deal. Club don’t want to sell and so if you were a player you’d take increased deal

23 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We aren't ever privy to enough information to make clear-cut judgements, we're presented perspectives and judge based on what we know, what we hear and see. What we know is Akpom wasn't involved in the full pre-season and what we see now is that he's here, playing for the first team after only one pre-season outing. What we hear is Akpom was out in the cold, the manager himself has said that. And what we see and hear now is a player is seemingly a decent fit for us was already at the club and was only brought into pre-season at a later date and now the manager is talking about his lack of fitness in his interviews. So naturally, everyone is going to ask the question why he wasn't involved sooner if that's a problem the manager is presenting.

The problem is the player isn't fit and he wasn't involved in pre-season to get fit. The idea the manager has nothing to do with pre-emptively solving that seems fanciful to me and it will to a lot of other people too.

Where did I say the manager has nothing to do with it? We don't know the motivation behind the decisions to leave akpom out of preseason or indeed who made the decision or if it was a joint decision - and potentially a justified one when all the facts are known. All I know is a month ago no one had a problem with it and now they do. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, kentucky said:

From what I remember Akpom ,was only here five minutes, and pushed to leave , which he did, he's come back and found himself , marginalized, infact probably looking at going to a club down the league and on way less money, he and is agent have had conversations with Wilder , asking what's required for him to be part of things again, Wilder as told him the facts ,and it looks like he's applied himself, hopefully it's the real deal and he continues to improve and gives a 100%

Akpom was here for a full season, made 38 appearances and scored 5 times. He's looked bright since he's been back, but let's not rewrite history.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Akpom was here for a full season, made 38 appearances and scored 5 times. He's looked bright since he's been back, but let's not rewrite history.

That was in under half the available minutes in a season though, if you're talking 10/12 goals 4 assists as a lone striker in a Warnock team you'd hope he could improve that in a Wilder team as well as playing a bit of a linking role. I'd want better but good enough as a stop-gap.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Foogle said:
9 minutes ago, Tom said:

That was in under half the available minutes in a season though, if you're talking 10/12 goals 4 assists as a lone striker in a Warnock team you'd hope he could improve that in a Wilder team as well as playing a bit of a linking role. I'd want better but good enough as a stop-gap.

I agree with all that. It's just the 'was here 5 minutes and pushed out' narrative that I found to be twisting the truth a bit 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?