oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

9 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I don't think Uche was on a fortune (relative to most of the other first team squad). I'd be surprised if he was on £7K a week.

That's still 700k over 2 years. We were "reportedly" around 500k off larsens valuation 

Edited by Tudders80
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I don't think Uche was on a fortune (relative to most of the other first team squad). I'd be surprised if he was on £7K a week.

i'd be surprised if he was on 5k

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, kentucky said:

I personally think , this Steffen looks a little erratic, and inconsistent , shame because Southampton are allowing Alex McCarthy to leave, once in the England squad . Typical Boro

Fair play. At least you gave him a chance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

In my opinion, the jury is still well and truly out Steffen. Hasn’t done a lot to impress me so far and looks prone to making daft individual errors. I hope he comes good but I think there has been too much expectation around him purely because he was City’s no.2. 

• Like 3

The lads played 2 games man. I know people are entitled to their opinion. But some need to seriously give their head a shake 😂😂. Considering we had lumley last year 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, kentucky said:

I personally think , this Steffen looks a little erratic, and inconsistent , shame because Southampton are allowing Alex McCarthy to leave, once in the England squad . Typical Boro

Like Bettinelli 

39 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

For what it's worth Schwarzer was less than impressive in his early days here. When he kicked the ball upfield it was a miracle if it reached the half way line. He soon settled in, his kicking improved and he went on to become one of our best in living memory.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Guffie said:

The lads played 2 games man. I know people are entitled to their opinion. But some need to seriously give their head a shake 😂😂. Considering we had lumley last year 

And if Lumley had made the same mistakes as Steffen he’d be getting ripped apart on here.  The goal was whatever but that weird pass he decided to play in the second half wasn’t particularly smart, and he’s almost been lobbed from distance twice in his first two games.  One that he had to tip over for a corner, one that just went over.  I think he’s a bit too casual from what I’ve seen so far.  That might just be as a result of not playing much first team football recently or that he’s been playing with an exceptional group of players at Man City.  Just based on his Man City performances, he does seem to susceptible to moments of daftness/basic mistakes.  Mejias was the same when he first arrived, and was dropped in short order.  This fella is better than him though, maybe just needs to settle down a bit or really get into the playing week in, week out.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

For what it's worth Schwarzer was less than impressive in his early days here. When he kicked the ball upfield it was a miracle if it reached the half way line. He soon settled in, his kicking improved and he went on to become one of our best in living memory.

Schwarzer was excellent when he first arrived 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

Hoppe may have had his medical, he may not.

He is at rockliffe.

That's literally it.

2 hours ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Hoppe is supposed to be having medical today..

That's it

So what the hell was the 24 pages talking about. 
Don’t tell me someone said that Pringles are a crisp and @Denzel Zanzibar kicked off again

or 

did someone disagree with @Changing Times 🤷‍♂️

(all jokes men 😉)

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

And if Lumley had made the same mistakes as Steffen he’d be getting ripped apart on here.  The goal was whatever but that weird pass he decided to play in the second half wasn’t particularly smart, and he’s almost been lobbed from distance twice in his first two games.  One that he had to tip over for a corner, one that just went over.  I think he’s a bit too casual from what I’ve seen so far.  That might just be as a result of not playing much first team football recently or that he’s been playing with an exceptional group of players at Man City.  Just based on his Man City performances, he does seem to susceptible to moments of daftness/basic mistakes.  Mejias was the same when he first arrived, and was dropped in short order.  This fella is better than him though, maybe just needs to settle down a bit or really get into the playing week in, week out.

If lumley made the same mistakes from the 10th game onwards he would be ripped apart. I don't think he would have in the 2nd game. There would have been some that said they never fancied him. Some that say give him a chance. And most saying goalkeepers have a rick now and again. Pretty much the same treatment Steffan is getting. My opinion on it anyway. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?