oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

11 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I would imagine there's a certain level of private discussion that occurs inside a club and is meant to be kept that way. 

If that is passed on to an outside source then the person doing that is sharing confidential information, likewise those sharing it on a message board are sharing confidential information. 

We all enjoy reading it but if we're going to get all precious about the source then maybe it should be the same rules for everyone. 

The top and bottom of it is that whatever leaks out of the club in the way of gossip is as nothing compared to the role of agents in putting the information out into the public domain via social media or through journos. It is totally in their interests and that’s where most of it comes from. The selling club also has a strong motive to flag up interest.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

The other thing that lends credibility to it is we seem to be using last summers shopping list this year.

Hoppe

Mowatt

Muniz

If it’s true we are only going after one more striker after Hoppe I think Muniz has gone quiet as we want someone else 

• Like 1

How do you know where Lurker or Digger's information comes from? 

If someone is spotted in the club that's one thing, it usually means the deal is done, but if the club are trying to sign someone then leaking it on a message board could potentially scupper a deal. Thats what I'm talking about, don't criticise some posters and hero worship others. 

I couldn't care less either way but people on here are too quick to gang up posters sometimes. 

I don't hero worship anyone. I believe some people because they have been seen to be on the mark on more than one occasion. However I also reserve the right to not believe someone in the highest positions at the club told a random (or even a mate) that then passed it on to this board. I haven't lambasted anyone. I haven't said anyone's info is false. I've simply pointed out to a person that someone they feel is trustworthy is clearly not.

32 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Whilst I don't doubt that @Lurker is one of the legitimate ITK's on here and I appreciate the insights he gives us but, as with any transfers rumours, you have to take them all with a pinch of salt. 

Just because @Lurker said it was true certainly doesn't mean that it is true.

Until we get confirmation from within the club, like we did with about the Larsen bid, i'm always going to remain a little sceptical about rumours.

Well they say a week is a long time in politics. I guess 24 hours can be a long time in football (when it comes to transfer rumours anyway).

8 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

I don't hero worship anyone. I believe some people because they have been seen to be on the mark on more than one occasion. However I also reserve the right to not believe someone in the highest positions at the club told a random (or even a mate) that then passed it on to this board. I haven't lambasted anyone. I haven't said anyone's info is false. I've simply pointed out to a person that someone they feel is trustworthy is clearly not.

Of course you do and I also reserve the right to call out people for being hypocritical. I've seen people hounded off this board for posting rumours and others allowed to stay after freely admitting making stuff up. 

If we are now concerned about information leaking out then we should be levelling the same level of scrutiny to everyone. 

22 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

The top and bottom of it is that whatever leaks out of the club in the way of gossip is as nothing compared to the role of agents in putting the information out into the public domain via social media or through journos. It is totally in their interests and that’s where most of it comes from. The selling club also has a strong motive to flag up interest.

buying/selling clubs along with agents and players all leak stuff to try and benefit each other

this an interesting read I've posted before that sums up where all these rumours tend to come from and how and why stuff ends up in the news the way they do and why often they completely contradict themselves https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/truth-behind-transfer-window-rumour-mill-those-know

• Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Well they say a week is a long time in politics. I guess 24 hours can be a long time in football (when it comes to transfer rumours anyway).

What really gets under my skin is when a 'rumoured' player goes to another club and then the 'fans' use it as a stick to beat the club with, when all along there was no concrete evidence to say we were ever in for said player.
You would have thought that the fans would have realised that most rumours transpire through speculation. 

X team require a forward + Y team have a forward that would loosely fit X team = X team MIGHT be interested in Y teams player.

If the fans then get on board with the unsupported rumour it then snowballs out of proportion to the point where its then used as a stick to beat the club with.

I propose that when this window closes and the next transfer thread is started that we call it the silly season thread!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Not really. If your source is a tea lady I don't think that them seeing a guy and passing it onto a friend is breaking anyone's confidence really. Not to this extent anyway 

Edit. I'm pretty sure that Lurker and other itk people have sources that tell them stuff knowing it's going on here too. 

You are aware what a non-disclosure agreement(NDA) is, right? I would imagine everyone at MFC signs them, it won't be anything exclusive to the football side of things.

So whether they're CEO, a player, coach or a tea lady they're all going to be under NDA and passing that information outside of the club is breaking that NDA.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, JonnyMFC said:

What really gets under my skin is when a 'rumoured' player goes to another club and then the 'fans' use it as a stick to beat the club with, when all along there was no concrete evidence to say we were ever in for said player.
You would have thought that the fans would have realised that most rumours transpire through speculation. 

X team require a forward + Y team have a forward that would loosely fit X team = X team MIGHT be interested in Y teams player.

If the fans then get on board with the unsupported rumour it then snowballs out of proportion to the point where its then used as a stick to beat the club with.

I propose that when this window closes and the next transfer thread is started that we call it the silly season thread!

this sums up why clubs get dragged in that have nothing to do with it

The Chief Exec: Agents love an auction for a player but they don't happen as often as the papers would have you think. There are what I call 'rule of three' stories, where there are three clubs claimed to be involved. Those stories have almost always come from agents and of the clubs mentioned, one will be really interested, one would be the club the agent and player want to be interested and the other one would be, in most cases, pure fantasy.

how many times did we see that in the spence one, forest and spurs interested, but then had tagged on arsenal, bayern, dortumund and few more along the way.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

Of course you do and I also reserve the right to call out people for being hypocritical. I've seen people hounded off this board for posting rumours and others allowed to stay after freely admitting making stuff up. 

If we are now concerned about information leaking out then we should be levelling the same level of scrutiny to everyone. 

No problem with that at all. I've never hounded anyone. I've pointed out that some are clearly made up but it's meant to be a rumours board. We can all make up crap and post it on here and the board becomes an absolute farce. Every single one of us could post today that Neil bowser spoke to one of our mates and said we are after (insert name). What would be the point in that. We know some rumours are rubbish. But if they are from papers, twitter or whatever then its open for discussion and can be debated. But just to make up crap rumours for the sake of attention is sad and pointless. 

If people want to call them out I have no problem with that. But then ganging up and "bullying" should also be dealt with. As a teacher bullying isn't a word I like at all. And not a practice I like at all. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Teesside Tank said:

How do you know that it’s a stranger to him

It doesn't really matter, does it? How can you say you're worried about leaks from the club and then act as his very own leak?

The first bit is mod/rules of the forum related rather than anything.

Agree on the same scrutiny stuff by everyone else but when someone is saying that Kieron Scott directly has told someone that the club have leaks or a "mole" and then concludes that conversation with "we are in for Hamza Choudhury" to a person "he trusts" who then instantly tells someone else knowing this, who immediately signs up to a forum to further spread that information direct from Scott's mouth, well that is another level of irony if true. 

That is different in my opinion then say a staff member at Rockliffe Hall seeing Tav with a potential black bin bag of stuff leaving the training ground for example. 

Edit: think Tudders said it better than me!

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?