oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Screenshot_20220518-155910_Chrome.jpg

Wonder if that was at the behest of Gibson Sr? If nothing else he is at least younger than Sol Bamba. Just hope he is still something like the player that left us.

11 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

How does Grant Hanley have Premier league admirers 

Marketing spin from Norwich? Probably just trying to generate interest.

Gibson was always good at coming out from the back and playing long balls to the forward men/ switching play. I don’t think he’s anywhere near as comfortable with the ball at his feet beyond the halfway line as djiksteel. He would be a solid leader and I think he would be more comfortable in a back 3 than in a 2. Don’t think we should be paying more than 5/6 million. Wilder did mention a lot about having a balance with left and right footers in the team. 

10 minutes ago, bmt said:

Gibson was always good at coming out from the back and playing long balls to the forward men/ switching play. 

That was always my recollection. For that you have to have people that can collect those long passes and either hold the ball or avoid being offside when running on to them and I have not seen that too much in the recent group of Boro forwards.

That Norwich article says Wilder was at Carrow Road to watch Ben Gibson but unless am mistaken it must have been a fruitless trip because Gibson only returned to Norwich aide this weekend and they were away to Wolves. He been on the bench last few weeks prior to that.

23 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

His last good season was in 17/18, he had had 2 good seasons before that. He's had 4 rubbish ones since that. Class isn't always permanent, not when you've had more bad seasons than good in your career, and none of the good ones have been in the last 4 years. 

There's no doubt he's career has gone down since the start of the 2019/20  season, and that doesn't help when your form is suffering and that egotistic *** the petty one becomes your manager. 

19 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I never said he would go to the championship, I think he'd be better off going abroad. 

But those two seasons you mentioned were not good seasons, you might look at the numbers and think it's okay for a midfielder, but he played as a second forward for most of those behind Kane. He only started just over half of spurs games across those two seasons. And most importantly, if you watched him at all, his overall performances dipped massively in that time period. 

you responded to a post of somebody stating why he will not move to the championship with even more criticism of his form. I interpreted that as you suggesting his form is poor than enough a championship move is not out the question. If that's not what you meant then my bad.

In terms of those two seasons, it doesn't really matter that he didn't play the full season, my point was that they were not "rubbish" as you claimed, not they were amazing or anything. Also, 8 goals in 25 games with 4 assists is a goal contribution every other game, it's a decent return for a number 10 by most standards and certainly not rubbish.
finally, i never suggested that his form hasn't dropped, it clearly has. My point was that hes had two average seasons and two terrible ones, not 4 terrible seasons. And also that he is still too good to play in the championship, But that point is redundant if you say that wasn't the implication or your comment.

I’m all for Gibson coming back Aslong as it isn’t a chunk out of our transfer kitty. We will challenging next season with Norwich, so I don’t see them selling him for cheap to a “rival”.  But if that’s the case, I’d take him back in a heartbeat. Good leader, great at bringing the ball out.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, tmcc said:

you responded to a post of somebody stating why he will not move to the championship with even more criticism of his form. I interpreted that as you suggesting his form is poor than enough a championship move is not out the question. If that's not what you meant then my bad.

In terms of those two seasons, it doesn't really matter that he didn't play the full season, my point was that they were not "rubbish" as you claimed, not they were amazing or anything. Also, 8 goals in 25 games with 4 assists is a goal contribution every other game, it's a decent return for a number 10 by most standards and certainly not rubbish.
finally, i never suggested that his form hasn't dropped, it clearly has. My point was that hes had two average seasons and two terrible ones, not 4 terrible seasons. And also that he is still too good to play in the championship, But that point is redundant if you say that wasn't the implication or your comment.

My implication was more that I don't think therell be prem interest in him. At least not from clubs who could actually afford his wages as they are at the moment. He'll never be dropping down to the championship while he's on the money he's on.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

There's no doubt he's career has gone down since the start of the 2019/20  season, and that doesn't help when your form is suffering and that egotistic *** the petty one becomes your manager. 

I dont accept having Jose as boss further derailed Alli career. I look at someone like Eric Dier, who is not as naturally talented as Alli but he became a regular under Jose and maintained that with Conte because of attitude and application. 

Ryan Sessegnon is another example of someone whose form dipped but again attitude and application has won him a spot in Conte’s starting 11

Alli mind and focus seem elsewhere. From what I can tell he seems more interested in being a “celeb” than a footballer

Gibson will need to take a wage cut and we'll need to move someone out (other than Spence) in order to bring him in.

There's interest in Tav and Fry.

Source is my brother before you all start

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
  • Haha 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?