oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

I really don’t understand the desire to have Gibson back personally.

He is 29, so no sell on fee, he lacks pace, rarely scores at set pieces, often gets caught ball watching on set pieces, poor distribution, not a great ball carrier despite attempts to do so. If this were to happen, it would surely be Downing MKll, another Chairmans gift. Fairly sure Wilder’s system is not really suited to Ben, I think he operates better in a 4-2-3-1 system with midfield enforcers in front. 

I have posted a few negatives to illustrate why he is not a great choice in a Wilder system, not to suggest he isn’t a decent Championship defender in the right set up. I’d value him at about £3M-£4M right now. I’d sooner we got that Blackburn lad on a free and pay him the £20K a week he is allegedly seeking.

• Like 2

I know nothing about him, he could be excellent, but if there's anything in that, it's odd to speak critically about the physical nature of certain leagues in Europe and then go for somebody playing in the MLS.

Obviously his individual stats could be really good and negate that, I guess.

56 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Heard something? 

My mate was telling me a couple of weeks ago that he heard Darlow was close to signing for Boro but I didn’t take any notice of it because he’s a deluded Mag. 

"I prefer not to speak.." 😂

16 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

He is 29, so no sell on fee, he lacks pace, rarely scores at set pieces, often gets caught ball watching on set pieces, poor distribution, not a great ball carrier despite attempts to do so. If this were to happen, it would surely be Downing MKll, another Chairmans gift. Fairly sure Wilder’s system is not really suited to Ben, I think he operates better in a 4-2-3-1 system with midfield enforcers in front. 

I have posted a few negatives to illustrate why he is not a great choice in a Wilder system, not to suggest he isn’t a decent Championship defender in the right set up. I’d value him at about £3M-£4M right now. I’d sooner we got that Blackburn lad on a free and pay him the £20K a week he is allegedly seeking.

Fry to go for 15m, Gibson to come in for 5ish and the blackburn lad on a free would do me.

12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Wan-Bissaka leaving Manchester United, offer them Djed Spence for the bargain price of £25m.

Would rather have Djed to be honest.

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Seems to have a sweet left peg and can actually cross a ball.

Looks good - but YouTube clips and highlight reels can also be misleading. A lot would depend on whether he could fit in the team.

Also had to laugh at the shirt sponsor. I guess it means something different in Americanese. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
48 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

These two just aren't true. His pass completion % is 15% higher than Lenihan's this season in a much better league whilst completing more passes per game with basically the same amount of long balls per game.

• Like 1

I'm confused by people who wouldn't welcome Gibson back. He's absolute quality in the championship. The defence under Karanka was arguably the best the division has seen in recent memory and he was a massive part of it.

Not to mention he also brings that character/experience and leadership we can see the team sorely needs. 

On Darlow, I can't say I know much about him but all the barcodes I've asked say he'd be a very good number 1 in the championship. None were particularly negative about him 🤷

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Than £25m?

I'd sooner have the money to spend and strengthen the team.

Haha - I'm tired and didn't read your post properly. I meant I'd rather have Djed than Wan Bissaka.

All things being equal I'd like us to keep Djed, but he probably has other ideas and if anyone is mad enough to offer £25m we should snap their hand off.

4 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I'm confused by people who wouldn't welcome Gibson back. He's absolute quality in the championship. The defence under Karanka was arguably the best the division has seen in recent memory and he was a massive part of it.

Not to mention he also brings that character/experience and leadership we can see the team sorely needs. 

On Darlow, I can't say I know much about him but all the barcodes I've asked say he'd be a very good number 1 in the championship. None were particularly negative about him 🤷

For me it depends what he's being brought back to do. I have doubts about him playing as the LCB in Wilder's system, whilst he is a comfortable and accomplished passer of the ball and can bring it out of defence pretty well, I can't see him doing what McNair and Dijksteel have done this season. If he's being brought back to play as the middle of the 3 then I think it would be a great signing, and my only reservations would be on the cost and wages and what chunk of our summer budget he would take up.

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?