oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

It was wages at the time. 6m is a made up figure he didnt cost anywhere near that 

I think the journalist that broke the story said the 6m figure included the fee and he’s wages too

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

It was wages at the time. 6m is a made up figure he didnt cost anywhere near that 

What changed? We didn't sell anyone until the very end of the window and made plenty of signings before then, totalling far more in wages than Pelly Ruddock would've cost.

Seems far more believable that we just weren't close to being sanctioned.

8 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Pelly Ruddock and one that i can't remember but was told at the time 

We could not sign Pelly Ruddock on a free but then after he signs a new deal at Luton we proceeded to sign Crooks and Payero for a combined couple of million on sizeable contracts.

Sorry but don't believe we could not get a freebie but then signed million pound permanents after him along with some decent profile loan signings in Onel and Sporar too

Just now, TLF10 said:

We could not sign Pelly Ruddock on a free but then after he signs a new deal at Luton we proceeded to sign Crooks and Payero for a combined couple of million on sizeable contracts.

Sorry but don't believe we could not get a freebie but then signed million pound permanents after him along with some decent profile loan signings in Onel and Sporar too

He didn’t want to move north 

As has been shown for over a decade we have operated in this league the boro have always consistently had a top half of the league budget and with the sale of Spence we most likely have the biggest budget outside the parashoot teams. We aren't a Luton operating on peanuts don't get why people give our managers the excuse we don't invest money. 

While I'll be happy if we signed Gibson, I also understand the apprehension from some fans. We've previously seen too many of these signings made - supposedly by Gibson - for prima facie sentimental reasons that lacked a long-term vision such as Woodgate and Downing. It would feel especially strange given Scott is now running things, however, I'm assuming that any potential move for Gibson would be made by Scott and Wilder in line with our supposed long-term vision so would be totally different to when we signed Woodgate and Downing. That gives me confidence in the logic behind it.

It's clear that Gibson ticks a lot of key boxes as he's experienced, has leadership qualities and is a very good quality left-footed CB so is exactly the sort of player we need for the LCB role. The only issue is whether it's good value for money. Norwich paid £8 million for him last summer as part of their loan agreement the previous season - so that will have inflated the figure. He's 29 year old and has two years left on his contract so I don't think he'll cost anywhere near that level - probably closer to half the figure. If it's £4 million and within our wage structure then it'd be difficult to argue against it.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Wilder wouldn't have come if he wasn't getting a significant amount of money invested into the team.

Agreed and any decent sized fee we spend on a player will be spread over several years and include certain clauses anyways

37 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Pelly Ruddock and one that i can't remember but was told at the time 

I don’t believe for a second that we couldn’t afford to sign Belly Ruddock

image.jpeg.798764e34032b576c8523d06fafeb470.jpeg

• Haha 2

Some people just live to be negative so they can say they told you so if they happen to be right.

Everything points to us spending money this summer. 

- wilders talk of a rebuild and needing a lot of players. 

- acquizition of Scott

- impending sale of Spence/possible other assets

Saying the times of spending decent money on players is just plain wrong. We were the 3rd highest spenders in the championship last season with just over 10mil according to transfer market. Bournemouth spent 0.08mil more but got 25mil worth of sales too. We spent that much without selling anyone significant, while bidding 9mil for another player, while also recovering from the pandemic and coming off a season where we didn't have fans for much of it. 

There's absolutely zero chance we spend less than 10mil on fees this summer given all of the above. 

• Like 15
39 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Some people just live to be negative so they can say they told you so if they happen to be right.

Everything points to us spending money this summer. 

- wilders talk of a rebuild and needing a lot of players. 

- acquizition of Scott

- impending sale of Spence/possible other assets

Saying the times of spending decent money on players is just plain wrong. We were the 3rd highest spenders in the championship last season with just over 10mil according to transfer market. Bournemouth spent 0.08mil more but got 25mil worth of sales too. We spent that much without selling anyone significant, while bidding 9mil for another player, while also recovering from the pandemic and coming off a season where we didn't have fans for much of it. 

There's absolutely zero chance we spend less than 10mil on fees this summer given all of the above. 

Not to mention that the club gave MSF a ton of spiel about rising costs that they had to push onto fans in order to best back Scott and Wilder from any football funds they have this summer. I'm pretty sure Gibson wants whatever money that comes in to be reinvested into Scott and Wilder's squad. It might not be 100% of it but I'm pretty convinced right now it will be a large proportion of it.

Isiah Jones talking to dom hyam (who was in the comments) on a live stream talking about how he’s gonna call him. Doubt it means anything but just thought was interesting. Ball playing cb right footed, potential dijksteel/McNair/fry replacement if big offer came in for any of them 6”2 would be interesting option. Can blow Coventry out of water on wages would be interesting name to throw in hat. Maybe a name that hasn’t been considered as of yet, signed a new contract 6 months ago doubt Coventry could turn down a decent bid however. 2 years left on deal if they wanted to cash in now.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?