oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

54 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Wilder has previously confirmed he wants 5 strikers in his squad.

I think we will be signing 3 strikers this summer with Coburn and Watmore making 2 of the 5 already

I would only want Rhodes if he coming in as a 3rd choice striker. Albeit I feel McGoldrick and Grabban on free transfers would be better options.

Grabban is the worst fit for a Wilder set up. Doesn't work hard or have the right attitude.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Foogle said:

We're not exactly getting value out of Scott and the scouting team if a couple of Journos and fans on a forum could do their job. 

This. We need to do our homework and be looking at fringe prem players, lower league players who are potentially capable of making the step up, and foreign markets. Its far too expensive to recruit "proven" championship players, and rightly so. No team is going to be willing to let their prized assets go on the cheap to a division rival. The Spence money won't go very far shopping about in this division and I think we're all aware that a big turnover is needed if we are to kick on and properly challenge at the top end of the table.

But most importantly we need to be recruiting players to fit the system. Too many times in the past we've been burned by naively spending big on players with good records in the division only to find they don't fit the system and look like a fish out of water.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, notjade said:

His goals to games isnt amazing but his hold up play is class

That's the issue. 17 Games, 5 Goals and 2 Assists and people will write him off. As you've mentioned his hold up play is really good, he brings others into play. He's mobile, with plenty of pace and can dribble. He's got really good feet which is rare for someone at his size. Look at Uche for example.

The only worry with him is injuries but alongside another striker who's a finisher and can play off Davis he would be a real asset in a team especially at Championship level.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Then you haven't watched him for Forest this season.

I have and he just doesn't look like a footballer. In any case there just aren't any goals in him so he doesn't really help our issues 

34 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I’d definitely take Keinan davis or cameron archer next season. Would presume at least one of them will go back out on loan

I really like Cameron Archer but I think Ryan Lowe has said he's spoken to him and he's basically indicated that if he's going back out on loan he only wants to go back to Preston.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Didn't realise Zack Hemming was a Sunderland fan.

Sadly means Sol Brynn is clear.

16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Didn't realise Zack Hemming was a Sunderland fan.

Back to Kilmarnock he goes, Brynn is clear.

Are you drunk?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

3 goals this season and he scored past us. You can see why he got the scouts attention.

Getting more and more convinced with every striker link that the plan is to have 10 strikers who each score 3. 😂

With some of the names being put forward, it appears we're going to sign about 15 third choice strikers 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't buy that link, personally.

It does seem dubious but wasn't Nixon the fella who got the Rhodes story the first time around?  I thought he was reporting it before anyone else?

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?