oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

all footy fans are deluded with transfer prices and prospects for them moving on, cracks me up sometimes the prices people armchair value their own players at

Could say the same thing about the media and some players too, like Djed Spence is the equivalent to a crypto bubble - how and why is his value suddenly so high?! 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Could say the same thing about the media and some players too, like Djed Spence is the equivalent to a crypto bubble - how and why is his value suddenly so high?! 

Might have just been the twitter algorithm, or it may just be them trying to downplay the fee for their own benefit, but I saw a surprising number of Forest fans yesterday saying that Spence hasn't actually been that impressive since February and they don't agree with the fees mentioned.

Obviously it could just be the odd crank, though I'll admit I was not overly impressed by him in the Bournemouth and Sheffield United games (the only ones I've watched since the FA Cup).

Hopefully the scouts of Premier League clubs see it differently or the club buys in to the media hype.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

soon see his real value once a deal is done, can't see anything more than 15 mill getting pushed through myself, maybe less with covid still got a little hang over on the transfer market a bit still

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Might have just been the twitter algorithm, or it may just be them trying to downplay the fee for their own benefit, but I saw a surprising number of Forest fans yesterday saying that Spence hasn't actually been that impressive since February and they don't agree with the fees mentioned.

Obviously it could just be the odd crank, though I'll admit I was not overly impressed by him in the Bournemouth and Sheffield United games (the only ones I've watched since the FA Cup).

Hopefully the scouts of Premier League clubs see it differently or the club buys in to the media hype.

100% agree with this. I'm starting to wonder how much of the impact upon his reputation is based on having Steve Cooper as a manager and Brennan Johnson in front of him

• Like 2

I've watched Spence a few times this season at different points and been pretty impressed with him throughout.

Jones hasn't been that impressive for a couple of months either and we've had the odd crank on our side thinking he's perhaps not as good as he quite consistently showed us for the first three-quarters of the season. I wouldn't reduce my asking price for Jones based on the final quarter or so.

• Like 2

Seen a few people suggest we might sign two goalkeepers this summer, and I'm not sure we will. I think we'll bring in a new Number 1, of course, but not sure we'll also look for a backup.

We have 3 senior keepers on the books. I assume Stojanovic is as good as gone, but I'd expect to see one of Lumley or Daniels stick around as our reserve keeper (preferably the latter).

We also have 3 academy keepers in Brynn, James and Hemming who have all been praised and rated to some degree. They are all 21/22 years old, and so will need to be pushing on soon if they expect to make it at Boro. It would be a fairly sizeable black mark against them if they couldn't dislodge Daniels/Lumley, neither of whom Wilder appears to have a great deal of time for.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rob said:

Smart business by them bringing the loan back in while they have the parachute payments, also takes away the risk if the club starts to run at a massive loss in championship. If the club owners give up funding the club then that loan would be the first negotiating point by anyone making a take over to save the club, so would be them taking the hit.

Aye, that's how I'd do it as well if I was the one lending the money.  Can't knock them for it.

54 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

It's not so high, is it?  It's going to be between £10m-15m.  When he first broke through with us people were on about Spurs being interested with £10m as the figure, it's not like it's rocketed since then.  He's shown more with Forest, shown that some of the believed potential is real, but that's about it.  I used Matty Cash as a comparison the other day, and I'd say that's roughly where Spence is at.  Cash went for £14m rising to £16m.  I can't see Spence going for any more than that really, it'll be something around that valuation.

24 minutes ago, Tom said:

Seen a few people suggest we might sign two goalkeepers this summer, and I'm not sure we will. I think we'll bring in a new Number 1, of course, but not sure we'll also look for a backup.

We have 3 senior keepers on the books. I assume Stojanovic is as good as gone, but I'd expect to see one of Lumley or Daniels stick around as our reserve keeper (preferably the latter).

We also have 3 academy keepers in Brynn, James and Hemming who have all been praised and rated to some degree. They are all 21/22 years old, and so will need to be pushing on soon if they expect to make it at Boro. It would be a fairly sizeable black mark against them if they couldn't dislodge Daniels/Lumley, neither of whom Wilder appears to have a great deal of time for.

I'm boycotting if Lumley is a Boro player come start of next season

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Dunno if its laziness so much as there simply isn't much concrete info available this early in the close season. Clubs seem to like to stay tight-lipped these days, as long as possible, so other clubs don't gatecrash deals.

And most players are on a break now...probably abroad with their family's

50 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The Forest forums seem quite happy with him.  He was ok against Bournemouth and Sheffield United while Forest were the better side.  When they were on the back foot he was obviously less impressive but in fairness that's what happens when you're a right back/right wing back and you're mostly defending.  I don't remember seeing him making loads of defensive mistakes, which for a player that 'can't defend' is pretty good going against the better teams in the league while they are under the cosh.  They hype is irrelevant, that's just nonsense for the media to lap up.  Clubs will have been watching him for ages so they'll have seen all of him.  They are buying a relatively young, very quick, athletic, physically pretty strong, English right back/wingback.  That's going to have a certain price attached to it, that's just the nature of the business now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, boksicdink said:

100% agree with this. I'm starting to wonder how much of the impact upon his reputation is based on having Steve Cooper as a manager and Brennan Johnson in front of him

So you're saying that he's looked better when not being played as a winger under Warnock.  How strange 🙃

18 minutes ago, notjade said:

I'm boycotting if Lumley is a Boro player come start of next season

What if Wilder plays him up front alongside Watmore?

Just imagine the chaos he could cause in the opposition box, unpredictable doesn't come close!

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?