oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

For people picking apart Hoppe for shalke, that’s kind of like Coburn playing in our prem team Of 2017 and writing him off based on that. 

He does look like he has potential, some composed finishing, quick feet and awareness of players around him. I doubt he’s been brought in to be our main striker.

As for the fee, just because it’s a small fee doesn’t mean it doesn’t have add ons like the bigger fees. I’d guess we’ve paid up front what Mallorca owed to shalke and the rest is made up of add ons. We’ve probably paid around £1.5-2m for him so far.

• Like 3

I have a good feeling on the Hoppe deal, the new Alan Foggon, looking like he's doing nothing then running into dangerous areas  and finding the net, lots of potential, still a young man that as the tools ,just needs good coaching

• Like 5
  • Wow 2

Just to take this left field. I was watching our 2016 glorious promotion match against Brighton and wondered, whatever happened to Anthony Knockaert?

Answer, he's been at Fulham for a couple of years, hardly played there last season, along with Ivan Cavaleirio. Would either player fit into our team? Feel free to laugh at me 🙂

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lee_19 said:

Just to take this left field. I was watching our 2016 glorious promotion match against Brighton and wondered, whatever happened to Anthony Knockaert?

Answer, he's been at Fulham for a couple of years, hardly played there last season, along with Ivan Cavaleirio. Would either player fit into our team? Feel free to laugh at me 🙂

Father time catches up with all players, he's getting on a bit now, plus we don't play wingers and he certainly doesn't track back so can't see wilder wanting him. Would rather have kebano if we were getting a winger from fulham, he works hard. 

5 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

Think, with the fact that we payed reasonable prices for Forss and, hopefully Hoppe, we can now pay the £7M for Greaves. 👍

I'm hoping we've bought our backup strikers and there's some money left for a goal scorer with more of a proven record. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, kentucky said:

I have a good feeling on the Hoppe deal, the new Alan Foggon, looking like he's doing nothing then running into dangerous areas  and finding the net, lots of potential, still a young man that as the tools ,just needs good coaching

Alan Foggon reference, he'll do for me 👍

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I am a bit concerned about the fee for Hoppe, given he's done very little, but I'm willing to give him a chance when he dyes his hair back brown.

Fair comment 👍 I am very critical of this deal, not for the fee, but for his achievement (or lack of it). We desperately need 2 proven scorers at this level now. Although Muniz is inexperienced I saw him via TV play for Fulham and he looks like he has goals at our level but we need at least one of Armstrong and Gyokeres as a minimum or their equivalent, otherwise we are taking a huge risk. I get we may possibly be holding money back for January but I’d sooner have the quality in now.

Whoever wears the shirt will have my 100% support during games, but I reserve the right to use critique afterwards, which equally might mean me eating humble pie, which I hope I am.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I just wanted to see some clips 😳

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr5HLZxn1Qs

He looks to me to have a decent amount of pace and skill, not just a striker who just stands in front of goal and taps them in.

I think he will quite handy once he gets used to the players around him. There's another video also where Jurgen Klinsmann talks quite enthusiastically about him and also Schalke's youth system.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Fair comment 👍 I am very critical of this deal, not for the fee, but for his achievement (or lack of it). We desperately need 2 proven scorers at this level now. Although Muniz is inexperienced I saw him via TV play for Fulham and he looks like he has goals at our level but we need at least one of Armstrong and Gyokeres as a minimum or their equivalent, otherwise we are taking a huge risk. I get we may possibly be holding money back for January but I’d sooner have the quality in now.

Whoever wears the shirt will have my 100% support during games, but I reserve the right to use critique afterwards, which equally might mean me eating humble pie, which I hope I am.

Wouldn't worry too much you have to remember that any striker we sign always regresses in ability once they play for us though hopefully that trend will go in the opposite direction one day😉

• Like 1

Clearly we still need a proven goal scorer at this level. Given that Wilder wants a minimum of 4 strikers so that two can come off the bench at around 60 minutes Hoppe seems like a reasonable punt as a part of that unit. In an ideal world we would have two proven strikers at this level, Forss and Hoppe to come off the bench and one of Akpom or Watmore for strength in depth. Assuming we don't get two proven strikers then one plus Muniz might work. Alternately, he might be looking for another LCM so that McGree can play the #10 role when required or for an attacking midfielder comfortable as a #10.

It doesn't look like the best forward line in the league but it does look like the kind of selection that might add up to more than the sum of their parts under Wilder.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm excited about Hoppe, with the service from Jones and Giles both him and Forss should get into double figures easily (assuming we don't sign Armstrong who would clearly be our first choice striker)

Might also get some played through the middle as well, McGree can pick a pass.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?