oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Uwe said:

Ray Mysterio 🤔

Wrestling nerd alert: its actually Rey Mysterio😉

10 hours ago, BelgianBoro said:

Considered that one too but felt it wasn’t mysterious enough for him

How about Maz Powers: International Man of Mystery?

• Like 2

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/amp/
I struggle to see how hoppe gets work permit points for the last 12 months obviously we wouldn’t go after him if we didn’t think he’d get a permit, just interested to see what points he qualifies for being a football nerd. Presume Boro say because of injuries he couldn’t get them points in the last 12 months so are basing it off the 12 months before that, when he was at Schalke

10 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

Strikers! A bit like looking for a car. The one you really want is always just that bit more than you're prepared to pay, so you end up with a Compromise L, instead of a GT.

At this point I'm just hoping the ones we have, have up to date MOTs and will last the season without suffering a major breakdown (I'm looking at you Ameobi). 😁

From the sounds of it, Forss and Hoppe have some technical ability, so if we create chances for them, the goals should come.

• Like 1

I'm struggling to get excited this transfer window. I really rate Wilder as a coach and I think players like Steffen and Giles and very astute signings but I'm very underwhelmed by Forss and I don't understand the excitement over Hoppe. I won't pretend I know much about him and I admire the concept of buying young players with potential but I also do not rate our clubs ability to sign strikers who will score goals at a decent rate and have always had question marks over Wilder's ability to do so at Sheffield United. Maybe Wilder discussing a marquee signing (someone of the ilk of Armstrong for instance, the loss of Tav and to some extent Payero who I was hoping to see more of have made me somewhat unconvinced.

Hoping I am entirely wrong and I'm off to QPR today to cheer on the lads! 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DocMartin said:

My problem is I worry far too much. I spend absolute fortunes travelling to watch the Boro at home and away.  I learned to moderate my expectations and hope over the last 14 yrs. Wilder’s comments and the hope and expectation that came with the change in structure made me let my guard down. The signings of Giles, Lenihan et al were a great start and the sale of Spence pleasing. 

However, since we have been concentrating on strikers, the early season talk of Archer, Muniz, Riis, Gyokeres, Armstrong had me filled with joy. The reality since has me feeling like I have lost a £50 note and found a 5p. The sale of Tav hasn’t helped. My early season hope and expectation has faded to worse than the 2 season seasons we brought in the likes of Jason Euell, Dong Gook Lee, Mido and Aliadiere etc. I am hoping beyond hope my fears come to nought, but I have had too many false dawns. 

Creativity from the flanks is great, but we have created opportunities regularly since 2017/18 but the quality to finish has been lacking. The club and several managers have talked of the need for clinical strikers. My biggest worry is the group of 22/23 does not as yet offer promise that the drought is likely to end.

You missed out the Great Afonzo Alves

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

He made appearances for a German team that were clearly not a Bundesliga team (finished bottom of the league by 15 points). He couldn’t get a game for a team that were only just a La Liga club. As I’ve said before Aaron Connolly has nearly double the amount of minutes in the Premiership that Hoppe has in the Bundesliga and La Liga combined. Connolly has also broken into his national team… And Hoppe is less than a year younger than Connolly. Would you be happy to sign Connolly for £2.5m?

I think Gibson would expect us to be paid to take Connolly back! 😆

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Wrestling nerd alert: its actually Rey Mysterio😉

How about Maz Powers: International Man of Mystery?

Great, now I'm gonna have to watch Austin Powers again because i wont stop giggling about the Swedish penis enlarger scene until I get it out of my system

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Nah Gestede was different level of crap compared to Alves

Alves did score more goals (10 to Rudy's 6) but he cost twice as much as Gestede, so that's still a pretty expensive mistake.

23 minutes ago, NorwichBoro said:

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/amp/
I struggle to see how hoppe gets work permit points for the last 12 months obviously we wouldn’t go after him if we didn’t think he’d get a permit, just interested to see what points he qualifies for being a football nerd. Presume Boro say because of injuries he couldn’t get them points in the last 12 months so are basing it off the 12 months before that, when he was at Schalke

He played in bundesliga and for USA in confederation cup

16 minutes ago, NorwichBoro said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all...if the team sheet was slid onto the Table with Hoppe & Larsen on it...Ian...sorry Michael Beale would have a fit

7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Alves did score more goals (10 to Rudy's 6) but he cost twice as much as Gestede, so that's still a pretty expensive mistake.

We did get a decent fee for Alves when we sold him. 7 m? Got nothing from Gestede though. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?