oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

3 hours ago, YouAreBoateng said:

Not Boro related but just proves we aren't the only club struggling to get reinforcements in. Still enough time to get the players in we need, we just need to see some urgency in the week to come and I think if anything good is to come from yesterday, it is that we've had a massive kick up the ****. IMG_20220807_235022.thumb.jpg.a225bf73416742efad6da1a8e847e669.jpg

Clearly Parker not the only coach that isn’t in charge of recruitment 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Tudders80 said:

Just a thought but....

General concensus is we need a lcb and at least two midfielders. And in reality the only ones we've been "linked" with are greaves, choudhary and hannibal. All British based players.

We also need at least one more striker, and we've been linked with hoppe, Henry, larsen to name but 3.

I wonder if there are possibilities of us finding a gem or two for the defensive and midfield positions from abroad too. Especially given the eredivisie link and we have only really been linked to 1 player from the Dutch league. 

Choudhury looks he would be a top signing if he wants to come here, someone said he's rejected us twice though.

Here are two other defensive midfielders I've come across on database searches, both Italian. Pity that their short highlights don't include their defensive efforts, but they both look like they can control play in possession well.

Both also have been loaned extensively by their parent clubs, they might be interested in a permanent home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do1xIWsDD8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYhm0Rt6PTk

Found a Dutch defensive midfielder Mees Hoedemakers who may fit the requirements, unfortunately again in the highlights his defensive ability not shown.  The Italians in the previous post and this player have valuations of 1.2 million euros or less if Transfermkt can be believed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTj5iZhK0Rs

Also an Australian box to box midfielder I'd recommend Boro have a look at is Angus Thurgate, a big improver last season, became more of a threat going forward and  definitely handles the defensive side as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGb-QtRhfas

• Like 1

Think we all saw it coming….. as good as a new signing! Don’t mind it personally based on the first two games. 
EG link doesn’t work btw - posted at 06:03am - maybe somebody posted it a little earlier than planned? 

3BF07C64-A74D-44AC-BB8F-7E14158453F3.jpeg

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Brisbrough said:

Think we all saw it coming….. as good as a new signing! Don’t mind it personally based on the first two games. 
EG link doesn’t work btw - posted at 06:03am - maybe somebody posted it a little earlier than planned? 

To be fair to him he's been decent so far

• Like 2
15 hours ago, OldManGravz said:

I was debating it to be honest but I wasn't sure if you had perhaps closed the sign ups for this season

No  and your in and on the list thanks

1 hour ago, Brisbrough said:

So we are going with Forss, Akpom, Watmore, Hoppe and maybe Muniz for the season. 

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1
5 minutes ago, LBP said:

Akpom been decent but we know he's not a goalscorer, must not be able to shift him and have missed out on a fair few targets 

Hes not prolific, but if he keeps going the way he is, he will get a few and hopefully help bring others into play who will score goals. 

I'm not averse to keeping him, I think if he feels wanted he will play well. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Brisbrough said:

This feels like this is them bracing for a busy day, fingers crossed!

2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Hes not prolific, but if he keeps going the way he is, he will get a few and hopefully help bring others into play who will score goals. 

I'm not averse to keeping him, I think if he feels wanted he will play well. 

Just seems like we're going to end up with Forss + 4 non scoring strikers though

Uche should start vs Barnsley, a few completed passes and he can be our Gyokeres/Larsen signing 😁

There's a working version of the article.

Can't say I'm against it with how he's played, but you've also got to temper that with the fact it's clearly happening because of our failures in the transfer market.

• Like 3

This seems like the transfer window of January 2017 for me. We know what and who we want but we either can’t or wont pay the money or the selling club wont sell and it ends up affecting our outcomes negatively. That window relegated us, clearly this wont. If we were to end up with Akpomb, Forss, Watmore, Hoppe and Muniz, I can see Muniz and maybe Forss scoring but don’t see it as a top 6 strike force. Additionally, I feel our midfield is powderpuff defensively as it stands and as everyone knows, I was worried about Steffen and his ability on crosses, well the jury is out on him for me.

That said, it is ridiculously early to judge, people deserve chances. Steffen and Lenihan need to bed in and the midfield will surely be bolstered and we may yet see a wildcard goal scorer come in or one of the current crop defy expectations. 10 games in and the window shut is a fair time to assess how everyone is knitting together. I have complete faith in the manager, less faith that he will be provided with the ammunition he needs and wants.

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?