oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, boro-unger said:

We should really stop letting horses live with the players. Nowt but trouble

Just let a few geordies in, they'll soon sort them out - definitely have a history of fighting with horses

• Haha 3
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Yeah something like that. Couldn't find the article, but there's one from April where he said that he had a few run ins with him and that they weren't seeing eye to eye - so it's obviously a lot more than we know.

Where I'm getting baffled is why people are taking warnocke side over Spence's, when we know the very questionable character of Warnock. He's all about self promotion and in being his usual self, he's managed to completely destroy the reputation of a young player who could have been a legend for us had he been managed properly (and given a proper chance by the fans to be fair too). 

Warnock is a grade A cock, but Spence has had noted attitude problems, even as far back as during Woodgates time.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Warnock is a grade A cock, but Spence has had noted attitude problems, even as far back as during Woodgates time.

So do lots of young players. But none seem to get as much abuse as Spence has, even when he was playing for us. 

He was an absolute Scape goat for the entirety of warnocks time here. 

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah something like that. Couldn't find the article, but there's one from April where he said that he had a few run ins with him and that they weren't seeing eye to eye - so it's obviously a lot more than we know.

Where I'm getting baffled is why people are taking warnocke side over Spence's, when we know the very questionable character of Warnock. He's all about self promotion and in being his usual self, he's managed to completely destroy the reputation of a young player who could have been a legend for us had he been managed properly (and given a proper chance by the fans to be fair too). 

100%. At 18-19 people were writing him off. Absolutely clueless and I'm sure most of them will still think they are correct and that its just a fluke how he's now where he is in only a few months of working with a competent manager.

2 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

So why did Wilder not recall him of the issues were just with Warnock.

I can only assume you missed the Wilder presser conference where he addressed this at length.

He said he spoke to Spence about returning because he was fully aware that Spences attributes would suit his style of play. However, Spence made it “very clear he wished to remain at Forest and not return here”. Therefore Wilder did not see the logic in recalling someone who did not wish to be here as that would upset the group harmony. And that decision was slightly easier to make with Jones doing well.

Edited by TLF10
  • Like 8

If I had a boss who treated me like warnock did and I proved him wrong within a year and had a chance to rub it in his face, I probably would too. Don't take it so personally, the kids getting moved on and will probably have a great career. Fair play to him 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Probably because he was told that spence never wanted to play for the club again and I absolutely dont blame spence for that.  

But why if the issue was Warnock. 

15 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

So do lots of young players. But none seem to get as much abuse as Spence has, even when he was playing for us. 

I agree mate, I do, but he didn't help himself.

Diggerlad has alluded to one of the big problems Spence had.

15 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Regardless of who is right or wrong I think that tweet from Spence is extremely immature and doesn’t show him in a good light. He needs to learn that a bit of composure is worth a lot

• Like 2
Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

But why if the issue was Warnock. 

Maybe because the clueless half of the fan base were giving him pelters for not ripping it up as a right winger when he's out of position there. There was loads of people constantly slagging him on social media etc. Why would anybody leave a club where your wanted and appreciated to go back to a place where you were constantly criticised and unfairly criticised at that. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I agree mate, I do, but he didn't help himself.

Diggerlad has alluded to one of the big problems Spence had.

No offence to diggerlad (or any itk) but they only get partial info and it's always biased towards whoever they get their info from so I can only comment based on the facts I know - and that's that we let an excellent young player go to another team and help them get promoted due to rank poor management and partially the fans turning on him too. Cooper got the best out of him, and if wilder had been here since the start of the season I have no doubt that he would have too. He clearly isn't THAT self destructive that he was able to move to another club and establish himself in their team very easily with no "attitude issues".

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Not sure that Forest going up drives price up? If Spence wants to go to a team challenging for Europe and near the top of the league such as Spurs/Arsenal, then Forest going up is irrelevant, unless they tried offering more than anyone else. That seems unlikely as they need to buy a lot of players given the number of regulars they currently have on loan and they will have limited funds. If Forest somehow persuade him to stay with them, then If I were Forest I would offer less than Spurs/Arsenal and tell Spence to hold out for a move to Forest. We would probably refuse the lower bid initially, but all that would do would delay a sale and hamper our possible purchases. 

Or Forest would only have a chance of getting him if they were prepared to offer over the odds, hence driving up the price.

29 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

That's because he was shocking on and the field and regulzry turning up to training late when he literally lived 5mins from Rockcliffe.

Guy has serious attitude problems and needs to grow up.

Fair play he's had a decent season at forest but apart from initial breakthrough under woodgate  he always failed to deliver on the pitch which just highlights his bad character even more.

Some of the stories I could tell you which I was told are absolutely mind blowing.

Good riddance 

• Like 4
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?