oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

The dig was at Warnock, rather than Boro, so I'm not gona get upset over it. 

Still doesn't reflect great on the lad that his first thought was to have a pop at an ex manager after winning a final. The tweet comes across as petty to me... Lacking a bit of class and humility. Makes me more inclined to believe the bad attitude rumours. 

Hope we can sell him fast for good money and move on. 

• Like 15
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Or Forest would only have a chance of getting him if they were prepared to offer over the odds, hence driving up the price.

To get a player any buying club has to convince the player to move to them. Forest have the advantage that Spence has just got promotion with them and they will appeal to his loyalty. Against that is lure of potential European games and challenging at top of league. It might mean they have to pay him over the odds to get him to stay. 
They then have to persuade the selling club to sell him to them. As long as Forest match what Arsenal or spurs for example offer, then I can’t see why they have to offer us over the odds. I can see them offering a little less though, if they are really convinced Spence will stay. - the player has the final choice after all. I suppose it’s possible that if Forest get in prime position at Boro’s price, then Spurs might offer a bit more to try to drive Forest out of the auction, but if they know Spence has already committed himself to Forest, then that’s probably futile.

13 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

The dig was at Warnock, rather than Boro, so I'm not gona get upset over it. 

Still doesn't reflect great on the lad that his first thought was to have a pop at an ex manager after winning a final. The tweet comes across as petty to me... Lacking a bit of class and humility. Makes me more inclined to believe the bad attitude rumours. 

Hope we can sell him fast for good money and move on. 

Agree with this. It’s petty and childish. Get what we can for him and get rid 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Agree with this. It’s petty and childish. Get what we can for him and get rid 

It's petty and I'm absolutely here for it. It's about as harmless a comment as he could make, made me laugh personally.

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

To get a player any buying club has to convince the player to move to them. Forest have the advantage that Spence has just got promotion with them and they will appeal to his loyalty. Against that is lure of potential European games and challenging at top of league. It might mean they have to pay him over the odds to get him to stay. 
They then have to persuade the selling club to sell him to them. As long as Forest match what Arsenal or spurs for example offer, then I can’t see why they have to offer us over the odds. I can see them offering a little less though, if they are really convinced Spence will stay. - the player has the final choice after all. I suppose it’s possible that if Forest get in prime position at Boro’s price, then Spurs might offer a bit more to try to drive Forest out of the auction, but if they know Spence has already committed himself to Forest, then that’s probably futile.

the only reason i could see forest offering over the odds is to price out the other sides so they dont have to compete on contracts. Because if the price is 15 million and all parties interested are willing to pay that, then forest have to compete with numerous other clubs for his his signature, a battle i don't think they'd win (i think spence would pick a spurs or united over Nottingham once push comes to shove).

So i see a scenario where forest bid 25+ million, a fee that teams like spurs could afford but probably aren't willing to spend on a player that is still quite a risky purchase. If forest were willing to pay above the odds, then  its likey that they wouldnt have to compete on the contract if they're the only club willing to pay a higher fee.

16 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

But we can always tell Forest that if they won't match what the other teams are then he sits on our bench for a year whilst they fight to stay in the Prem. Don't think they have much leverage. 

• Like 1

It's just elite mentality from Spence imho, warnocks a billy bullshitter in the media anyways who knows what was said between the two of them

On the one hand we shouldve never let him go but in doing so he's probably doubled his market value so swings and roundabouts 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, LBP said:

It's just elite mentality from Spence imho, warnocks a billy bullshitter in the media anyways who knows what was said between the two of them

On the one hand we shouldve never let him go but in doing so he's probably doubled his market value so swings and roundabouts 

why should we not have let him go? he never did anything of note while playing for us over his three seasons and from numerous accounts he had/has an attitude problem

By letting him go, hes turned into a 20 million pound player who we can now profit from, something that just wasnt going to happen at middlesbrough.

2 hours ago, Will said:

He said that he needed to sort himself out and questioned his attitude multiple times.

Honestly not arsed about Warnock or Spence after we sell him, but that Twitter post just backs up Warnocks attitude concerns of him in my opinion. Looking from the outside it looks like Djed thinks he’s better then he is. 

The post itself from a neutral was quite funny, but then it also made me chuckle Djed posing with the promotion trophy as if Warnock doesn’t have 7 of them. Im waiting for Warnocks reply now, hopefully sees the funny side and fires back.

• Like 2

Spence was a ***. 

What Warnock said to him has worked. 

As @diggerlad07said, he’s mates who’ve been up here have been a nightmare.

Good riddance when he’s gone, would never have worked for him here

• Like 6

Can’t fault Spence at all. I’m glad he’s thrived at Forest and his price tag has gone up. He’s put in some class performances and for a player that wants out we get some much needed money. 
I see the photo where he tagged Warnock as tongue in cheek. Warnock criticised him but Spence has fired back and delivered. Team of the season, young player of the season and now a promotion under his belt. Absolutely fair play to Djed and I hope he has a successful career ahead of him. 

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What Warnock said to him has worked

Sorry mate, I respect your ITK stuff and you as a poster but this is utter ***. Neil Warnock can take no credit for this season or any future seasons in Djed Spence's career, he gave up on him and had there been an offer on the table to sell instead of loan him he would've taken it.

32 minutes ago, tmcc said:

why should we not have let him go? he never did anything of note while playing for us over his three seasons and from numerous accounts he had/has an attitude problem

By letting him go, hes turned into a 20 million pound player who we can now profit from, something that just wasnt going to happen at middlesbrough.

He was our single attacking threat in the Woodgate season, one of the very few positives from that year

If I remember correctly Forest initially wanted to negotiate a purchase option to be included in the loan but didn’t manage to get it fleshed out before the 11PM deadline.

For once thank God for the fax machine not working. That has likely at least tripled the amount we will receive for him. 🤑

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?