oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

6 minutes ago, Will said:

I think Warnock just wanted rid of him, had there been a permanent deal on the table that would've allowed him to buy a player I think he would've snapped their hands off. Then we'd be sat here now thinking about what could've been if we hadn't given up on him. 

I agree that it was almost definitely banter, nothing Djed said in his tweet was disrespectful or critical in any way, just a lighthearted jab at a manager who doubted him.

warnock extended his contract before he sent him out so that contradicts he wanted him out, I just think he knew there wasnt a place for him in his current line ups and sending him out on loan was what was best for him. Clear from all his previous managers they all alluded to him needing to grow up a bit and be more professional. 

if just wanted rid he wouldnt of extended his contract before sending him out, he would of just let him go and not be bothered at all. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tmcc said:

again, I wasn't saying forest specifically, I was saying the south in general and London, it just so happened this player we are currently discussing has gone to Forest.

You said Nottingham which is about 2.5 hours from London, its hardly a quick trip for a night out. I don't think Midlands clubs have an extra pull for location like London clubs do. 

The reason Spence wanted to leave was for football reasons, I'm sure he'd happily go to Newcastle or Leeds if they make a bid for him. 

I can see the London pull for some players but then we've just got to make sure we are a club challenging for promotion and then thats less of an issue. Things might be different if we got promoted but thats not an issue at the moment. 

Look at clubs who might have beaten us to signings over the last few years, they are generally clubs who have more money from parachute payments. At this level I think we are pretty attractive club to play for. 

Just now, Rob said:

warnock extended his contract before he sent him out so that contradicts he wanted him out, I just think he knew there wasnt a place for him in his current line ups and sending him out on loan was what was best for him. Clear from all his previous managers they all alluded to him needing to grow up a bit and be more professional. 

if just wanted rid he wouldnt of extended his contract before sending him out, he would of just let him go and not be bothered at all. 

The club extended his contract, as they do with lots of players they send out on loan. Hell, they did it with Wing and you can't tell me they seriously believed he had a future here when he went out on loan? It's securing the investment from entering the last year of his contract upon return.

• Like 1

Sky are confirming that Forest will attempt to make the deal permanent.

Hopefully this gets sorted fairly quickly and we can reinvest in a first choice striker and goalkeeper.

• Like 2

I’m hoping that the Newcastle take over will make the North East a little bit more attractive for players to come. 10 years time there might not be the stigma there about ‘the north east’. Who knows..

We desperately need some transfer rumours 🥴

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Will said:

The club extended his contract, as they do with lots of players they send out on loan. Hell, they did it with Wing and you can't tell me they seriously believed he had a future here when he went out on loan? It's securing the investment from entering the last year of his contract upon return.

Wilder and keiron scott extended those contracts in January and then extended the loans.

The initial loans under Bausor negotiations we didn't extend Spence or Wings additional year.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Wilder and keiron scott extended those contracts in January and then extended the loans.

The initial loans under Bausor negotiations we didn't extend Spence or Wings additional year.

I'm pretty sure Wing said he had to agree to it before he went on loan, could be wrong though.

7 minutes ago, Duvel said:

You said Nottingham which is about 2.5 hours from London, its hardly a quick trip for a night out. I don't think Midlands clubs have an extra pull for location like London clubs do. 

The reason Spence wanted to leave was for football reasons, I'm sure he'd happily go to Newcastle or Leeds if they make a bid for him. 

I can see the London pull for some players but then we've just got to make sure we are a club challenging for promotion and then thats less of an issue. Things might be different if we got promoted but thats not an issue at the moment. 

Look at clubs who might have beaten us to signings over the last few years, they are generally clubs who have more money from parachute payments. At this level I think we are pretty attractive club to play for. 

We're 100% an attractive club to play for at Championship level. I doubt the town/city makes a huge difference to a player's decision at all at our level if we're being honest. Footballers (in general) lead pretty quiet, healthy lives these days, many have families very young too.

It's about wages and chances of breaking into the Premier League - neither of which we're front runner for but we're well ahead of many other Championship clubs. Throw in the fact we have really nice facilities, a big fanbase, and a well-respected manager and most second/third tier players would love to play for Boro

If you're talking about big name international signings that have the pick of many clubs across England and Europe, then location might come into it more. But even so... We've had a few of those over the years haven't we.

• Like 2

He's desperate to play for Forest and Forest are desperate to sign him.

So you make them pay a premium and use the other interested clubs to leverage a deal.

Insert a sell-on clause of 10%-20% and get more cash upfront.

Most of the bigger teams will see him as squad depth. Forest will want him as a starter.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, tmcc said:

again, I wasn't saying forest specifically, I was saying the south in general and London, it just so happened this player we are currently discussing has gone to Forest.

I was just responding to your original comment when you said

"Middlesbrough isnt an attractive option for young players to move to (or back to in this case). With most players, if its between living in Nottingham or Middlesbrough, most are going nottingham"

This is what i disagreed with because I don't think there's any evidence to support your comment. I've heard comments about players preferring London but not Nottingham or the East Midlands. 

As I said, Nottingham is very average for nights out, restaurants and shopping which is an important thing apparently for young players.

Apart from being a better team on the pitch for the last couple of months I don't think there's anything in their recent history that have made them more attractive than us as a place to live or work. 

Edited by Duvel
Just now, Will said:

I'm pretty sure Wing said he had to agree to it before he went on loan, could be wrong though.

It never got pushed through in the end i don't think Will.

What's your feelings on spence? Happy to part knowing we are getting a good fee or disappointed we never seen his initial potential break through.

I've heard alot about his attitude, but put that a side and my feelings on his ability I genuinely dont think think he will make the grade at a top team so a move to forest or Brentford would be perfect for him.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

We're 100% an attractive club to play for at Championship level. I doubt the town/city makes a huge difference to a player's decision at all at our level if we're being honest. Footballers (in general) lead pretty quiet, healthy lives these days, many have families very young too.

It's about wages and chances of breaking into the Premier League - neither of which we're front runner for but we're well ahead of many other Championship clubs. Throw in the fact we have really nice facilities, a big fanbase, and a well-respected manager and most second/third tier players would love to play for Boro

If you're talking about big name international signings that have the pick of many clubs across England and Europe, then location might come into it more. But even so... We've had a few of those over the years haven't we.

Spot on.

Just now, diggerlad07 said:

It never got pushed through in the end i don't think Will.

What's your feelings on spence? Happy to part knowing we are getting a good fee or disappointed we never seen his initial potential break through.

I've heard alot about his attitude, but put that a side and my feelings on his ability I genuinely dont think think he will make the grade at a top team so a move to forest or Brentford would be perfect for him.

A bit of both on Spence, fundamentally I don't like losing good players. And make no mistake Spence is one of the better fullbacks in the league, even if I think we'll be keeping the better of our two RWBs. Even more so it annoys me losing players who we didn't actually see the best of, but I've accepted that the best thing for everyone involved is for him to move on. I just hope we can maximise what we get for him. 

I don't think he should go to a top 6 team, a Forest or a Brentford is the perfect move. I think he can get to that level with work, but he needs to play. Hopefully he's learnt that for himself and won't get blinded by the dollar signs that the likes of Spurs could give him.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:
He's desperate to play for Forest and Forest are desperate to sign him.

So you make them pay a premium and use the other interested clubs to leverage a deal.

Insert a sell-on clause of 10%-20% and get more cash upfront.

Inserting a sell-on clause of that size would surely see us get a lot less cash up front.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Inserting a sell-on clause of that size would surely see us get a lot less cash up front.

Yeah, if I was Boro I'd start negotiations demanding a sell on fully intending to drop that in return for a bit more money up front when they object to it as @estonpidgesaid in another thread earlier. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?