oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

18 minutes ago, tmcc said:

I'm glad that you have such pride for the town, but sadly it's not a view held by anyone who doesn't live in Middlesbrough.
if you gave most people in England the option of moving to Middlesbrough or Nottingham, overwhelming i believe people would pick Nottingham. And I'm not happy about that, but I'm able to remove my own feelings about Middlesbrough and view the area objectively, and there really isn't much to attract people here:

The northeast has the highest rates of unemployment in the country.

I believe Stockton has the highest crime rate

and Middlesbrough is often close if not top of the list for the most deprived areas in England.

You only have to look at our cheap house prices to realize that we're not a place where most people want to live ( almost half the average price of a home in Nottingham).

And again, I'm not trying to criticize or put down the area, i  love Middlesbrough, I was born and raised here, I'm just stating things that are objectively true.

Where do you live now out of interest? 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Doesn’t get ahead of Jones for me. Perhaps we’d try and accommodate both though by putting Jones out at LWB. 
Spence is more suited in Forests formation as he has a Johnson ahead of him most of the time. There’s no where near as much onus on him to provide a threat down the wing. On the other hand, Jones is the sole threat down that side for us. I don’t think Spence is close to Jones in terms of creativity or taking on a man.

Thats exactly what would happen. Jones looked great as a left winger in the few games he played under warnock so if a very good option came up on the transfer window for a rwb as opposed to a lwb I think there's a chance wilder would think about moving Jones over. If Spence had of came back in Jan I'm quite confident this would have happened too sooner or later.

17 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Maybe you should move to Reading then I'm sure its a lovely place 🤷‍♂️😂

doesn't matter what i think about or what you think about it, we both like Middlesbrough and if given the option we'd live in boro.
The point I'm trying to convey is that the general view that most people in England have of Middlesbrough is a poor one, and if the average person iwas given the option was given i think most would pick Reading.

Edited by tmcc
  • Haha 1
Just now, tmcc said:

doesn't matter what i think about or what you think about it, we both like Middlesbrough and if given the option id live in boro.
The point I'm trying to convey is that people if the option was given to most people in England, i think most would Reading.

The point has already been made to you, the conversation was about professional footballers who are very rich. Why would they care about things like unemployment rates? 

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

Well done, it must be nice to have really made it in life 

no need to get personal, iv havnt made any personal attacks at you

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

The point has already been made to you, the conversation was about professional footballers who are very rich. Why would they care about things like unemployment rates? 

Money talks, iv never denied that, in fact i stated as much that we have to pay more to get people here. Also, you agreed with my point when you said we have to make sure we're pushing for promotion to compete with London clubs.
but let's end this chat, i can see you are clearly offended and not discussing this in good faith as you've turned to personal insults.

3 minutes ago, tmcc said:

no need to get personal, iv havnt made any personal attacks at you

Like I said the people on here are meant to be Boro fans and we can either stick up for our area or we can follow the typical London media stereotype about the North. 

It feels like many people support the team but look down their noses at the area. Its typical from people who've moved out of the area, I've seen it loads of times. 

I've lived and worked in lots of different areas of the country and very rarely felt like I've improved my life from living around here, London is great for a while but its not perfect and I feel less safe there than anywhere in the country if we're talking about crime.

As for most other places there's good and bad, let's be honest the lifestyle in this country is miles behind countries who have great weather. But comparing Reading, Nottingham and Middlesbrough is hardly like we're talking about Barcelona and the South Coast of France. 

39 minutes ago, tmcc said:

I'm glad that you have such pride for the town, but sadly it's not a view held by anyone who doesn't live in Middlesbrough.
if you gave most people in England the option of moving to Middlesbrough or Nottingham, overwhelming i believe people would pick Nottingham. And I'm not happy about that, but I'm able to remove my own feelings about Middlesbrough and view the area objectively, and there really isn't much to attract people here:

The northeast has the highest rates of unemployment in the country.

I believe Stockton has the highest crime rate

and Middlesbrough is often close if not top of the list for the most deprived areas in England.

You only have to look at our cheap house prices to realize that we're not a place where most people want to live ( almost half the average price of a home in Nottingham).

And again, I'm not trying to criticize or put down the area, i  love Middlesbrough, I was born and raised here, I'm just stating things that are objectively true.

I hold immense pride for Middlesbrough and Teesside and I live outside the area 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Will said:

I hold immense pride for Middlesbrough and Teesside and I live outside the area 🤷‍♂️

sorry, what i meant to say was people from Middlesbrough. I dont live in Middlesbrough currently but have pride for the area.

9 minutes ago, tmcc said:

Also, you agreed with my point when you said we have to make sure we're pushing for promotion to compete with London clubs.
but let's end this chat, i can see you are clearly offended and not discussing this in good faith as you've turned to personal insults.

The discussion wasn't about London though it was initially about Nottingham. But yeah let's end the conversation there, I'm not offended I'm just not ashamed of where I'm from either. 

Just now, Duvel said:

The discussion wasn't about London though it was initially about Nottingham. But yeah let's end the conversation there, I'm not offended I'm just not ashamed of where I'm from either. 

this is the issue tho, you think I'm attacking the area by stating the opinion that others hold about it. The national perception of Teesside is poor, I love Middlesbrough and i have a lot of pride for the area, but I'm able to remove my emotions about the place and accept the fact Middlesbrough has pretty poor reputation amongst people in England.

2 minutes ago, tmcc said:

this is the issue tho, you think I'm attacking the area by stating the opinion that others hold about it. The national perception of Teesside is poor, I love Middlesbrough and i have a lot of pride for the area, but I'm able to remove my emotions about the place and accept the fact Middlesbrough has pretty poor reputation amongst people in England.

I know what the perception is of the area and half the time its from people who've never even been here. And the discussion was about attracting players here, I dont think we've ever had that much trouble attracting players in this division have we?

As someone else said the conversation is different in the Premier league but then its not just competing with the London factor its also competing with far bigger clubs. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?