oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, LBP said:

Any deal with Spurs for Spence should include us getting Troy Parrott on loan imo

I am not one of those fans who will claim one of our youngsters should automatically be developed by the club over signing a youngster on loan from another club. Because if the latter is better then I am all for it.

However. Having seen Parrott i genuinely don't think he is better than Coburn so really dont see any need for Parrott as he wont be coming to be a starter here and he not as good as current back up imo. 

Edited by TLF10
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

I remember Mourinho being a fan of Spence when he was at Spurs. Wonder if it’s their recruitment team rather than managers who like him so much? Fair play to him though, never in a million years at the start of the season would I have thought a top 4 side would be paying £15m+ for him. I know England have a glut of RWB options but imagine him getting off to a flying start for Spurs and possibly pushing himself into WC contention?! Unreal change in fortunes. 

I can't see it.  Just too much competition if nothing else.  There are four right backs in this squad aren't there?  Maybe if there were a few injuries, and as you say he gets off to a really good start wherever he ends up, then he could be in the mix but Max Aarons would be the next one up wouldn't he?

21 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

In for Kourtney hause but his agent is trying to engineer for Premier league transfer 

Grant Hall and wilder had a massive bust up after hall played in a under 23 match and only came in fir a half gym session the following day.

Like I mentioned earlier in January, we received an extra million for Spence deal. 500k to extend deal and 500k for promotion.

We are still trying to get European loan interest in Payero loan but looks like he may get his wish and go back to Argentina with us paying 60per cent wages! Personally gutted about this but wilder made it clear that he doesn't think he fits his style of play. Good relationship between the two apparently but language barrier is making it extremely difficult 

Not being flippant but would Wilder intentionally not use a player (no matter how good) because he believes that the player does not fit his style of play?

Seems to me that as a manager you ensure that you coach that into the player unless he has no grasp on what you want him to do. I am sure Payero could manage to do that.

Smacks of giving up on Payero to a degree especially if we pay 60% of his wages.

But as you say he wants to go back to Argentina so it is all right then. Shame really

51 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Not being flippant but would Wilder intentionally not use a player (no matter how good) because he believes that the player does not fit his style of play?

Seems to me that as a manager you ensure that you coach that into the player unless he has no grasp on what you want him to do. I am sure Payero could manage to do that.

Smacks of giving up on Payero to a degree especially if we pay 60% of his wages.

But as you say he wants to go back to Argentina so it is all right then. Shame really

I agree with you DS. What exactly is it that our three midfielders do that Payero is totally unable to do? I don’t see it myself. But it’s been fairly obvious for a long time that wilder just didn’t want him.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:55 PM, Milton80 said:

Surely this means we can add another £5mil 😁 😂

swap deal for trippier who won't be required after this deal lol, plus 15 mil

On 6/3/2022 at 9:23 AM, ManBearPig said:

But it’s a bigger problem that this. It’s a manager who is saying no to a player who has been identified by our new recruitment model. It’s meant to be the manager working with the players at his disposal. 
Also, we have not given Payero a fair run of games so it’s annoying to see him not given a good amount to get up to speed. Jesus, not even a pre season! 

We are now back to recruiting players based off of what manager X wants. This is exactly where we were before and have learnt nothing. 

if he getting loaned out though the people who are letting him go work with him every day of the week, watch him train and know what his fitness is like. They are things we will never know unless they speak out about them but what has his commitment been to get up to the level we need him for and settle into this country? has he learnt the language for example, things like that if he not holding up his end of the bargain to help set him up in England then I could see why after a season they don't believe in him to the same level. 

He clearly hasn't settled in and got up to the level needed for the championship but none of us can really see what he's been like behind the scenes and with that information you would have a lot better idea if you just *** in the wind or if you think he is going to pull it off.

10 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I am not one of those fans who will claim one of our youngsters should automatically be developed by the club over signing a youngster on loan from another club. Because if the latter is better then I am all for it.

However. Having seen Parrott i genuinely don't think he is better than Coburn so really dont see any need for Parrott as he wont be coming to be a starter here and he not as good as current back up imo. 

Parrott is only 20 and had abit of a break-out season last year. performed well in the league, and got a couple for Ireland. Also, he might be the type of striker Wilder likes as he's adept at passing.

Ranked in the 70-80%, percentile for progressive passing success%, Second assists and passes.  and above 80% for pass accuracy and smart passes.

On 6/3/2022 at 10:04 AM, "KM" said:

I don’t get why everyone is blaming everyone else but Martin Payero over his imminent departure. For all we know, he might just not want to be here. 😂

exactly I've always been a fan in the idea of him and hoping we get what we want but he seemed pretty damn happy about leaving the country on twitter the minute the season was over. People only factoring in the potential we signed and not the actual person and their attitude and wishes, which if they not in line with the club then all we going to do is run that contract and his value down

• Like 1
On 6/3/2022 at 11:01 AM, TLF10 said:

Was Payero not someone Leo simply recommended and Warnock signed off on him after he himself seen him. They believed Payero was one for now and future as they believed he had qualities that suited the english game 

I am sure there was an interview after a pre season friendly last summer where Warnock said something to this effect.

to be fair what warnock says one minute is the company line then when things dont work out its wasn't his decision so hard to take anything he says without a pinch of salt

2 hours ago, Riverside94 said:

Would rather Skipp

he played 18 games in the league last season and 28 in total...there's no way he's coming to the championship as he's clearly part of the first-team plans at Tottenham

On 6/3/2022 at 12:04 PM, RiversideRed said:

For me you can have good workrate in terms of closing players down and still not look interested.

He didn't look like he wanted to be here. He seemed more focused on his social media image. He rarely get involved in the team celebrations. Even when Balogun wasn't playing he would still get involved. Maybe he didn't feel as included as part of the team as much as others?

He didn't really have a presence on the pitch. There was no real urgency from him wanting to make things happen or wanting the ball. The chances he did get which was multiple good ones he wasted with poor finishing. 

Probably more suited to an inside forward because he isn't a striker. I know it might be partly down to confidence too.

But he was very poor. There's no denying that. 

if he never got involved with any celebrations then why did I see him partying with balloons?

• Haha 1
On 6/3/2022 at 12:48 PM, Borodane said:

If that was the plan the club would just have accepted the 10 million bid from Spurs in january (if they did bid). I'm sure the club knows his value.

I think if they did bid at 10m the reason the club didn't accept was to use it as leverage along with the covid numbers at the time to hold Nottingham forest up for more money or have us recall him from loan. That 10m offer if it even was made would have still been there at the end of the season unless something bad happened to him or his form

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?