oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

On 6/3/2022 at 3:35 PM, chickenlunch said:

kinda yeah, but not when you're spunking £8m on him or whatever the fee was. Maybe if we ever manage to re-establish ourselves in the prem we can afford to take risks like that. 

It's hard to judge him though cos he's had a bad time of it with injuries - just when he started to look good too. I'd like to see him stay and be great. But I'd also like to see us get our cash back on him at least.

the club spoke out dismissing that they wouldnt be spending anywhere near 5.8m on any player when asked about payero so 8m is even more way off 

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

On 6/3/2022 at 4:46 PM, Borodane said:

I think you’re being a bit naive if you don’t think agents talk to clubs and other agents before a bid is made. It’s just how it is. Most clubs probably have an idea whether a player is interested before making a bid. He will obviously not have been down there but if they are interested you can bet that his agent knows that and will have indicated what it takes if Tav is indeed willing to move. 

plenty of it dones player to player as well, when people mates with other players or see them during international duty feelers can be put out easily and unofficially player to player, I've heard plenty of players fess up to doing it for transfer that happened or didn't happen back in the day at big clubs

On 6/4/2022 at 9:12 AM, GrimsbyBoro said:

He generally misses about a quarter of a season through injuries.

He’s never played a full season.

someone had to step up and take ayala's place, only fair he gets the same holiday package as him

16 hours ago, JTG said:

Forget about Forest - very quickly. There's little loyalty in football, something we've found out far too often ourselves. He's a London lad and he's being given an opportunity to play in the Champions League. He also probably fancies himself to break into the Spurs team if they don't sign another wing-back. The only competition there is Emerson Royal who has been gash whenever I've seen him play, and Matt Doherty who is getting on a bit and is just coming back from a torn MCL.

he got more chance at playing in championship for rest of his career at forest than he does at spurs, I think he needs to be at a team like spurs in premier league otherwise he going to get exposed in a team that struggling in the league as his success at forest seems alot to do with the performance of the team and who he has in front of him also, which unless something major clicks at forest I would expect them to have a hard time in the premier league and if they do go down will he have the chance to move to a club like spurs ever again. 

However if he goes to spurs and does not take his chance or breakthrough into the team then he will still have the option of top end of championship on loan or even a transfer, meanwhile still collecting all his spurs wages. 

I honestly think he does like it at forest but I also think a big club like spurs who have had tabs on him since he joined us will be too hard for him to turn down, epically with him being a london boy himself

1 minute ago, Rob said:

he got more chance at playing in championship for rest of his career at forest than he does at spurs, I think he needs to be at a team like spurs in premier league otherwise he going to get exposed in a team that struggling in the league as his success at forest seems alot to do with the performance of the team and who he has in front of him also, which unless something major clicks at forest I would expect them to have a hard time in the premier league and if they do go down will he have the chance to move to a club like spurs ever again

Agreed and if it doesn’t work out at Spurs clubs like Forest will still take him.

11 hours ago, LBP said:

Any deal with Spurs for Spence should include us getting Troy Parrott on loan imo

i said something similar earlier on, troy parrott, jack clarke and cameron carter vickers are all players we could realistically get on loan and would be good business if they are come with along aside the fee for spence.

Wonder if there is anything in the Canadian striker that was mentioned on here a few days ago. Looks decent on paper, good age and out of contract. 

Just now, Tom said:

Although the last bit is true - O'Riley has looked far more effective than McGree so far.

I think my Nanna would have looked more effective than McGree when playing for Celtic in the SPL, to be honest.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tom said:

Although the last bit is true - O'Riley has looked far more effective than McGree so far.

hard to do a fair comparison, the level of quality between celitc/rangers and the rest of the league is massive. Celtic and rangers are top of championship level while most of the other teams in the SPL are league 2 standard. So going to Scotland and performing well for either of those sides doesn't provide to much insight for me.

7 minutes ago, tmcc said:

hard to do a fair comparison, the level of quality between celitc/rangers and the rest of the league is massive. Celtic and rangers are top of championship level while most of the other teams in the SPL are league 2 standard. So going to Scotland and performing well for either of those sides doesn't provide to much insight for me.

Indeed. Could be anywhere from Virgil Van Dijk to Kevin Thomson. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Yes, I know the source, but it’s still a rumour. It’s amazing what you can find with one search on Twitter. 😂

Left footer too

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?