oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

8 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

70-80 percentile chance of being shizer in the championship. If Balogun struggled I don't think Parrot will be much better. We need a couple of proven strikers where we know what we are going to get out of them most weeks.

im not saying for him to be our first choice, wilder likes 5 strikers, we have Coburn and Watmore (tho wouldnt mind Coburn getting a full season of game time on loan somehwere) who can be back up, i think parrott would make a good back up with them. Then sign two more strikers who are likely to lead the line. 

he had a good season last year and is only 20, He is getting good international experience with the ROI and has experience. Seems like he's ready to make the step up to championship level.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

11 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Really need some signings for the sake of this thread 

I only come to the thread to see what club teacider was getting transferred to in the summer and it don't even tell you, so don't expect any boro signings as well

The Payero situation was never going to end well. Gibson signed him, didn’t come from Warnock, Scott or Leo. 

I was told from someone outside of the club that he’d been offered around for much less than what we paid. 

• Sad 6
11 hours ago, Borodane said:

What you're saying doesn’t make any sense. I know why you’re trying to be smart but there is a difference between off the record talks and sanctioned talks where the player actually agrees a contract and it hits the media. I don’t doubt that Spence’s agent will have sounded out several agents from other clubs since January and now we’re apparently confident enough about a deal with spurs that we are letting them talk contract talks with the player 

The hypocrisy is strong in this one.

27 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The Payero situation was never going to end well. Gibson signed him, didn’t come from Warnock, Scott or Leo. 

I was told from someone outside of the club that he’d been offered around for much less than what we paid. 

That's quite sad. Who went to Gibson about him? Did noone on the scouting or coaching side get a say? Very strange.

29 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Great. The man just can't help himself. Stuff like that will always hold us back.

• Like 3

Not saying it's wrong, but why would Steve Gibson himself go out of his way to make sure we sign an unknown player from a mid-table team in Argentina?

He'll have been recommended him from somewhere, unless he's just got a much more niche interest in foreign football than the average Brit.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Gibson signs everyone, there is no way Gibson just plucked Payero out of thin air without a recommendation and thorough scouting of him.

• Like 4

Regardless of who recommended him, it's a still a problem if Gibson didn't consult the manager and the head of recruitment. It's not only a bad move internally but it doesn't help the player either. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Warnock certainly hinted at this with some of his comments on Gibson liking to sign a South American.

I remember a journalist talking about the signing at the time saying it was a strange one as the clubs in Portugal, Spain and Italy extensively scout the Argentinian league hoovering up talent.

To get to 21/22 year old and not be in Europe hints that no club though he was worth the gamble.

6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Regardless of who recommended him, it's a still a problem if Gibson didn't consult the manager and the head of recruitment. It's not only a bad move internally but it doesn't help the player either. 

He did consult them.

Warnock said himself in press conferences that he'd spoken to Payero a few times before he finally signed.

Though they might well have said they didn't fancy it and Gibson sanctioned the transfer anyway.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?