oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm sure Gibson doesn't watch Banfield religiously someone from scouting team will of presented the case and he said yes to it

Some of the crap that Boro have served up over the last few seasons, I'm not sure he watches us regularly never mind Banfield.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Thorough scouting?  Do you really believe that where this club is concerned?  

Yes. Whether the people scouting him were competent is a different matter.

2 hours ago, Riverside94 said:

Has it been said as a fact that we are selling Payero at a loss?

No, it was suggested by someone who is generally quite good with information that we were shopping him around at a loss.  I'd say selling at a loss is more likely than selling at a profit at this stage.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Will said:

Yes. Whether the people scouting him were competent is a different matter.

Maybe they weren't incompetent.  Maybe they didn't want to tell the fella who pays their wages that he knows bugger all, and should keep his nose out of it?  I think if Gibson sets his mind to signing a player, then we're signing that player no matter what.  I'm sure that's how we ended up with Alves, Rhodes, Payero as just three examples.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Maybe they weren't incompetent.  Maybe they didn't want to tell the fella who pays their wages that he knows bugger all, and should keep his nose out of it?  I think if Gibson sets his mind to signing a player, then we're signing that player no matter what.  I'm sure that's how we ended up with Alves, Rhodes, Payero as just three examples.

I just find it hard to believe that, having just agreed to bring Scott in, he would go over his head if he told him this gadgy wasn't very good or shouldn't be signed. Add to that the fact that less than a month ago Lurker told us that there was no plans to sell Payero, along with some of our other more reliable ITK's stating that Payero was actually a suggestion from Scott last summer. Coupled with things that I've been told in confidence, I find it hard to take this new claim as gospel. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, it was suggested by someone who is generally quite good with information that we were shopping him around at a loss.  I'd say selling at a loss is more likely than selling at a profit at this stage.

Ah right.. shame, may be a good player in there but unless someone gets injured don’t think we will ever find out

1 minute ago, Will said:

I just find it hard to believe that, having just agreed to bring Scott in, he would go over his head if he told him this gadgy wasn't very good or shouldn't be signed. Add to that the fact that less than a month ago Lurker told us that there was no plans to sell Payero, along with some of our other more reliable ITK's stating that Payero was actually a suggestion from Scott last summer. Coupled with things that I've been told in confidence, I find it hard to take this new claim as gospel. 

just speculation no one will ever know if no one reliable goes on the record

6 minutes ago, Will said:

Why?  We went over Orta's head, why wouldn't we do the same with Scott, who at that point wasn't even actually in the role anyway?  Gibson appointed Bevington into whatever his role was, then binned him off not long after.  I don't really understand what it is about the history of Boro that makes you think Gibson wouldn't just do whatever he wants?  He quite clearly has a track record of doing just that.

I think Lurker's earlier information came from within the club, and Lurker's recent information came from outside of the club.  You'd have to check with him on that like but I think it's obvious what is happening, and why you'd get two different seemingly contradictory posts.  It's also why I said months back that I thought Payero wouldn't be here next season one way or another long before the recent stuff.

I think Payero has the ability to do a Spence though just hope we get to see him do it for us and not another club as its frustrating seeing us let good players slip through our fingers 

Are we gonna spend the whole transfer window speaking about a lad who barely played for us last season potentially leaving on loan? Surely there is more exciting things to be speaking about 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

Are we gonna spend the whole transfer window speaking about a lad who barely played for us last season potentially leaving on loan? Surely there is more exciting things to be speaking about 

What religion is Payero? I demand answers!!

1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

Did you know that the Pope wears red socks?

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?