oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Personally don’t think we need to improve Crooks. Think he’s perfect for that RCM role. Honestly having a midfielder that’s as much of a goal threat as Crooks is so important. I actually think he’ll be one of the first names on the team sheet.

We need to remember we only finished 1 place outside the playoffs. We only need improvement in a few areas, GK, LWB and strikers. I don’t think we should be changing the team for the sake of it. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Birdie said:

Doesn't anyone think it might be Jones? 

Every interview with him, he says he is happy up north and getting game time to learn. 

3 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Doesn't anyone think it might be Jones? 

I doubt it. Somebody reckoned he was on a podcast the other day saying he was content to stay enjoying his time here.

2 minutes ago, JTG said:

I doubt it. Somebody reckoned he was on a podcast the other day saying he was content to stay enjoying his time here.

Yeah, his quote was “people tell me I should be playing higher, but I love it here I’m happy. I’m improving every day” so I don’t think it will be him to move this season

Aye, to my knowledge Jones has publicly said twice that he's happy at Boro. In fact I believe that he said he wants to play at least 100 games in the Championship before making the step up to the Premier League (obviously if we get promoted that won't matter, lol)

21 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

From what I've seen from Twine, I don't think he's that similar to Tavernier.

I don't think we'll sell Tavernier. I'd love us to tie him down to a new long-term contract.

Totally agree, Twine would be a fair replacement for Payero were he to go. I would like us to tie Tav down on a new and improved contract. He is vital for the way we play. His energy levels in and out of possession are unreal. Build around Tav, not through his sale.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

If Boro get these two goalkeeper targets, i wonder if they intend keeping Daniels as 3rd choice.

Rather him than Lumley if one of them has to stick around based on what I saw at the back end of the season.

7 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Personally don’t think we need to improve Crooks. Think he’s perfect for that RCM role. Honestly having a midfielder that’s as much of a goal threat as Crooks is so important. I actually think he’ll be one of the first names on the team sheet.

We need to remember we only finished 1 place outside the playoffs. We only need improvement in a few areas, GK, LWB and strikers. I don’t think we should be changing the team for the sake of it. 

Agree with this too 👍

There is a ‘but’ though, Crooks needs to improve on himself i.e. his yellow card collection is a real issue. He walks too many tightropes. That said, I think refs have him as a marked man before a ball is kicked. A balance must be found that doesn’t affect his game too much. His height has been invaluable and his knack of scoring a delight. His link up play with Isiah brings the best out in him too.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

If Boro get these two goalkeeper targets, i wonder if they intend keeping Daniels as 3rd choice.

I assume Daniels will be on the lower wage. 

4 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Totally agree, Twine would be a fair replacement for Payero were he to go. I would like us to tie Tav down on a new and improved contract. He is vital for the way we play. His energy levels in and out of possession are unreal. Build around Tav, not through his sale.

It's funny because I look on FMTTM and Twitter and lots of fans don't rate Tavernier. They'd jump at the chance to sell him for £10m. He had one less goal contribution than Jones last season. It's crazy how much football fans seem to miss given that they watch our team week in week out. To add to that, it's clear that he's starting to improve under Wilder too. 

People keep saying he needs to add more goals and assists to his game. Yes, he does. But they need to realise had he got another 5-8 goal contributions this season he'd have 100% been gone. He's inconsistent in front of goal but he's not there purely to score goals. He's a box-to-box CM and one of the best in the league. 

A full season under Wilder and I believe he'll achieve 15+ goal contributions. 

I'd love to get him tied down but can't see it happening. Regardless of if we're able to one solid season for all these 'stats' lovers who think goals and assists is everything and he's gone straight away.

You also get the stupid debate of well his brother is better. That debate is laughable it really is.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

You also get the stupid debate of well his brother is better. That debate is laughable it really is.

I can't believe I saw someone on twitter a few weeks ago saying his brother should be in the England squad and is the 2nd best English rb behind Reece James 😂

3 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

It's funny because I look on FMTTM and Twitter and lots of fans don't rate Tavernier. They'd jump at the chance to sell him for £10m. He had one less goal contribution than Jones last season. It's crazy how much football fans seem to miss given that they watch our team week in week out. To add to that, it's clear that he's starting to improve under Wilder too. 

People keep saying he needs to add more goals and assists to his game. Yes, he does. But they need to realise had he got another 5-8 goal contributions this season he'd have 100% been gone. He's inconsistent in front of goal but he's not there purely to score goals. He's a box-to-box CM and one of the best in the league. 

A full season under Wilder and I believe he'll achieve 15+ goal contributions. 

I'd love to get him tied down but can't see it happening. Regardless of if we're able to one solid season for all these 'stats' lovers who think goals and assists is everything and he's gone straight away.

He would've achieved it last year if our strikers could finish, in fairness. His expected assists was like 5 or 6 higher than the actual assists he got.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, caseybwoy said:

The big thing is you only really need a solid keeper, till promotion of course. A solid keeper last year would have offset probably 12-15 points that lumley lost us. A decent striker 15-20 goals is also a must and probably would have gained us another 10 points last season. Of the two you can pick up a solid keeper fairly cheap or on loan, but a proven championship striker that has scored more than 15 in a season you’re normally talking at least 7/10 mil. If getting a cheap solid keeper means we can bring in a proven goal scorer or two then I’m all for it and heaton fits that bill.

Spot on, I wasn't suggesting we keep Lumley but there's a level that we should be spending and 40k a week is beyond that. 

We could get promoted with a solid keeper at this level without spending silly money. Its not about undervaluing the position but you can generally get keepers for lower fees and lower wages than strikers. 

40k a week on a keeper would likely restrict our ability to strengthen other areas which doesn't make sense to me. 

• Like 3
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?