oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Riverside94 said:

What I mean is.. say Fry is sold (for example) I know there will be backlash BUT let’s wait til the seasons over and then we can look back and think did we miss him or where we better with the 2-3 players we got in with the money. All hypothetical but hopefully you see my point.

I think Fry is decent at this level but makes some error of judgements and is injury prone. I could see some logic in selling him if we got serious money for him, I don't think we would need to spend a fortune to replace him. I suspect that he may even be one of the Attitude/Ability ones.

So what’s everyone’s thoughts on Payero? I said a couple of weeks ago I expected him to be moved on but was told that wouldn’t happen! That the club have invested too much time and money. Thoughts now? On the one hand I feel sorry for him, he’s managed a couple of break throughs with Warnock and Wilder, then got injured and struggled to get back in. On the other, he’s not grabbed his chances with both hands and made himself a question for Wilder. Look at how McGree has even pushed out best MF out wide so Wilder can play them both. Or Crooks coming straight back after every suspension despite a run of poor form. 

Wilders comments make me think he’ll be shipped out. After the Burnley mess he said something about having good conversations with Gibson and the management team and a difference of opinion on some players. Then mentioned the other day the South American leagues are way off the demands of championship football. And I guess actions speak louder than words, despite saying Payero could have a big part to play in the last 5-6 matches, he played a total of 3 mins 😞 

I'd be moving him on if he's not going to play for us.

Not that I think he's been bad, but I don't think he's been any great shakes when he has played, and Wilder rarely mixes up the midfield.

I also expect he's not overly happy at the club, which is understandable.

Seems like we'd have to make a loss on him though.

10 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Some on here will still be saying uche is the answer and we should never let him go when he's sitting on a league 1 bench next season 

Can we assume you will still be singing Connolly's praises when he is sitting on the bench for Galway Utd?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Can we assume you will still be singing Connolly's praises when he is sitting on the bench for Galway Utd?

At least you didn’t say Bray Wanderers this time 😂

• Haha 1

Payero is a very strange one. He didn't fit with Warnock and his system plus I got the impression that Warnock was actually hacked off that we spent the money we did on him thus preventing Warnock getting other players in that he wanted.

He doesn't seem to fit with Wilder either so someone somewhere went out on a bit of a whim looking for South American sexy football when we had a fairly industrious style of Manager then replaced him with Wilder who again has a very particular style. Judging by the attitude over attributes comment I'm guessing that Payero doesn't fit particularly well with Wilder either.

My solution would be to send him out on loan to a Spanish or Italian side where he would be in the Shop Window as we did with Spence (albeit more by accident than design). Culturally I'm guessing he would feel more comfortable and get the opportunity to play regularly, if he is as good as our Scout originally thought then it's a win/win. Selling him now means taking a hit most likely and the risk that he may be something special after all given the opportunity. It's not something we tend to do being a small Club but Chelsea and others have done it for decades farming up talent, many of whom never get anywhere near the Stamford Bridge pitch.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

So what’s everyone’s thoughts on Payero? I said a couple of weeks ago I expected him to be moved on but was told that wouldn’t happen! That the club have invested too much time and money. Thoughts now? 

Give the lad  a preseason at least before he's hung out to dry, adjusting to a new culture etc. He'll get a training plan for this short summer and we can judge him or not next season.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Leesider said:

What have Galway United ever done to you? The only way he'd get into Eamonn Deacy Park is by boring the Stewards with his story of how he once scored two goals against Spurs and about Pally Fanny!

• Haha 1

Matty Longstaff's agreed a season loan with us according to a poster on FMTTM. It's a friend of a friend type rumour, but we were linked with his brother a couple of weeks ago so maybe there was a mix up and it's Matty we're really after.

The Bradford city link for Zach has legs in it as they took one our scouts last week as they chief scout. And that analyst actually said he got offered the job after initially holding talks with Bradford over them signing some of our players on loan next season.

Personally would rather he went back to Kilmarnock as the Scottish PL is more competitive than league 2.

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?