oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

I think because it's Gibson Uncle Steve would be able to work out a package with bonuses plus I suspect that Ben might like to come back anyway and not make unreasonable demands.

I'm not convinced that he is the ideal left sided image to Dijksteel but if he comes we shall see I suppose. I know that Norwich fans won't be overly upset if he leaves, whilst not quite on a Lumley level they would be happy to see him moved on so I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal struck.

A back three of Dijk, Lenihan and Gibson would be quite formidable at this level but not as mobile on our left as Wilder would ideally want. That said if Giles does come in and Tav is LM then that could make up for Ben's agility concerns.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Did someone seriously suggest Colin Cooper was a failure in his second stint here? 🤣

always pretty good coops. except that one game at home to everton where big dunc gave him nightmares lol

33 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Gibson won’t be coming back. We can’t afford his wages. 

Wonder who this other CB that @nunthorpered mentioned is.

He was spot on with Lenihan. Clubs being very secretive about signings.

It seems Wilder is overhauling the squad. Must have at least two keepers lined up, if not three.

We asked Norwich about Gibson a few weeks before the end of the season, we wanted a season long loan but they wanted us to pay 100% of his 40k a week wages.

On 6/19/2022 at 8:36 AM, AnglianRed said:

I think some fans just want to be able to sing his song when he comes on. Especially that nutter who got "he's Slovenian" tattooed on him. 😉

lol at getting a tat for a loan player

23 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hope he does well there, but we won't see him again.

Relief.

feel like we have just given every club a 3-6 point head start on us by only letting him go out on loan we wont benefit also 

23 hours ago, Crackers said:

goalkeeper GIF 

Lumleys reading debut.

could see him doing that but at the left of the goal while the ball went in the net

19 hours ago, Humpty said:

Watmore can’t manage a full season and he’s one of our better strikers on form. The way Wilder wants his strikers to press from the front means there’ll be plenty of rotation. That’s of course unless he changes that tactic.

not the same player when starting, coming off the bench vs worn legs he is unreal and most teams can't deal with him for an intense 30 mins, but when starts and energy levels are equal they don't seem to be any problems keeping up with him

9 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Cooper was decent in his second spell.  I couldn't really say the same about Pallister mind.

It's a difficult one when you're talking about players going back as there will always be a comparison made to the first spell.  Look at Downing, we got promoted with him as part of the squad in his second spell but I don't think he was that good overall, and certainly not a patch on the younger Downing.  But, the only question for any potential signing has to be 'can they make us better now', if the answer is yes then you may as well go for it, if the answer is no then forget about any sentimentality and look elsewhere.

downing though was having a great season before joined us in a new role in the middle as he wasn't as fast as he used to be, so we brought him back and put him back in his old roll because rest of the team was not as fast as him, but he still wasn't fast enough to play like he used to down there so was setup to fail, we should of played him like west ham played him and we may have had a much better experience with him

43 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

I would prefer to see us getting some bodies on the books!

sure I'd prefer he comes out as the player we hoped for but if the club are looking to loan him out I think they will have given up on him. maybe its just clubs trying their best to get him and we resist but only time will tell

downing though was having a great season before joined us in a new role in the middle as he wasn't as fast as he used to be, so we brought him back and put him back in his old roll because rest of the team was not as fast as him, but he still wasn't fast enough to play like he used to down there so was setup to fail, we should of played him like west ham played him and we may have had a much better experience with him

Rob i recall downing being played as a number 10 and being totally useless for us. so we stuck him out on the wing. believe he never got near the striker and left whatever poor sole it was totally isolated up there.

18 minutes ago, Rob said:

We tried to play Downing through the middle and he was useless. First Fabbrini and then, to a greater extent, Ramirez, completely outshone him as an attacking midfielder. It had nothing to do with being fast either, pace was never part of Downing's game.

He was still good on the wing, mind. Much better than he is remembered for.

9 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Foster was the worst keeper in the prem last season, surely not and I know people love the behind the scenes but it’s come out he was asked to stop and did what he wanted anyway 

Good on him. 

Definitely don’t want him as our keeper, mind

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Rob's Monday Morning Multi-quotes are becoming bit of a thing!

going on holiday next week as as well for a week so could be a post that goes on multiple pages haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?